Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stoked View Post
    That is quite intolerant my friend. If someone disagrees with you and has a valid point and points out one's bias in his arguement, he is asked to leave?? I enjoy coming to this site for news, interaction, discussion, but by no means have I offended, broken any rules, etc etc.. This team and supporters group is quite inclusive, yet when someone speaks out against something that is obviously wrong and needs fixing he is just told to look elsewhere?

You guys are proud of your diversity, yet when push comes to shove, you're just as elitist as the people you detest.
    our membership has chosen to go a different direction.
    again, we are not the only source of news.
    stick around, just don't depend on this site to provide links to all football news.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe this thread has run it's course.

both sides of the argument have been voiced.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is quite intolerant my friend. If someone disagrees with you and has a valid point and points out one's bias in his arguement, he is asked to leave?? I enjoy coming to this site for news, interaction, discussion, but by no means have I offended, broken any rules, etc etc.. This team and supporters group is quite inclusive, yet when someone speaks out against something that is obviously wrong and needs fixing he is just told to look elsewhere?

You guys are proud of your diversity, yet when push comes to shove, you're just as elitist as the people you detest.
    it's not about politics. it's about the Sun abusing TFC. On one hand they run contests and print posters celebrating TFC, while with the other they are bashing TFC supporters in drive by slander... since they can't put it in a full article anymore, they find some stupid way to put it in to "offside" or whatever bullshit they call it, whenever an incident in any sport happens

that's just not acceptable

And personally, I'd rather be elitist than accepting of mediocrity

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, is this a serious post?? Do you read the Sun and Star and other newspapers and not see which side of the political spectrum they are on??

Is it only a coincidence that the rightmost paper has been banned, the 2nd right paper you want banned, your name and avatar tend to show your affiliation, you don't want to "support" the right wing paper even though other papers (the star) have been much much worse than the two on the chopping block.

So again, please look at this objectively and get rid of the political slant of this supporter club...This is the type of shit that divides not unifies.
    You are looking into this WAY too much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a compromise?... lets post all articles here... positive ones we hotlink so that the paper makes money from us and negative ones we copy and paste.... no matter what paper and what author they are a product of

do our part to eliminate negativity....help make the TFC world all sunshine and fucking lolipops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Maybe I am wrong but I haven't heard shit about the Post in a year until now, when you just brought it up. Noone has had any issue with it.

Oh and BTW it was the Sun that blew up the "TFC fan gets tasered" not the Star. And Gareth Wheeler (Sun) didn't help things either.

I do not hear people rant about Wheeler as much as they do about Kelly. "Keeping the lid on soccer fanatics" called TFC supporters a firm. How is that not slagging us through the mud. The star has more readers, it was this paper that blew things up. But yet, no one calls for a ban of the star. This is hypocrisy.

People don't complain here because they share similar ideologies on this board and after a year you tend to forget or not even know what you are missing.

I'm just upset at the lack of understanding of what is going on here.

Be fair and show all sides of the story, not just the ones that suit "your needs"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please read my post on copyright issues. We've been through this issue before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, one right wing paper banned, a second soon to follow..Yet the star can post terrible content a la cathal kelly and associates...

I mean what does the post and sun do and the star doesn't? What type of criteria are we following here? I find this absolutely absurd considering the most famous journalist that people like to torch on this board is Kelly, especially since his little essay on Football hooliganism.

I sense political bias here.
    Dude,

It was one person making a suggestion about the Sun... I can't stand Cathal Kelly as much as everyone else, and had you been reading the threads... we had a small list of RPBs cancelling their Toronto Star subscription...

What bias are you talking about? If you feel like making one up to just feel good go right ahead...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Please read my post on copyright issues. We've been through this issue before.
    yeah sorry missed that one

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not hear people rant about Wheeler as much as they do about Kelly. "Keeping the lid on soccer fanatics" called TFC supporters a firm. How is that not slagging us through the mud. The star has more readers, it was this paper that blew things up. But yet, no one calls for a ban of the star. This is hypocrisy.
    That's garbage. There are entire threads on Wheeler. Talk about selective memory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People don't complain here because they share similar ideologies on this board and after a year you tend to forget or not even know what you are missing.

Be fair and show all sides of the story, not just the ones that suit "your needs"

Define people?

RPB members... other SG members... or people like you that come on this board?
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want all sides, go to google news and search "TFC" or "toronto FC".
    we are not in competition with google.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you really need to read a political thread in the off topic section, and you'll see how closely aligned our ideologies are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Dude,

It was one person making a suggestion about the Sun... I can't stand Cathal Kelly as much as everyone else, and had you been reading the threads... we had a small list of RPBs cancelling their Toronto Star subscription...

What bias are you talking about? If you feel like making one up to just feel good go right ahead...

The bias is what this thread is about, one paper has been "banned", another one people are looking to have banned, yet others escape the same treatment?? People have cancelled their subscription and all, but where is the same policy about news sources being posted on here.. I just find that posting the star and not the post is unjustified.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you not see the 4 threads about him? (after he wrote that article)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bias is what this thread is about, one paper has been "banned", another one people are looking to have banned, yet others escape the same treatment?? People have cancelled their subscription and all, but where is the same policy about news sources being posted on here.. I just find that posting the star and not the post is unjustified.
    Do you sit on the RPB leaders Group? Have you gotten a call from Jack on the official stance?

This is one RPB making a suggestion... don't get your panties all wet. If I say we are going to conquer Buffalo, will you call the FBI?

Get some fucking sleep! FFS
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one is saying you can't post a NP article...

if it's an article, as far as I know you can go right ahead and post it, if it's not done already

I would, but they have a shit sport section anyway and rarely cover TFC

it just means it's not included in the official daily news thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    if you want all sides, go to google news and search "TFC" or "toronto FC".
    we are not in competition with google.

Two papers
    Both post slanderous articles about TFC/TFC supporters
    one banned/one continuously posted

Where is the logic in that?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You act like we made the decision to ban the Post yesterday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and for all that is worth... the Globe and Mail is the only paper right now that is good in my books...

The G&M
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A ridiculous statements.

No paper in Toronto has done more to cover TFC than the Star. THAT is why they have not been outright banned on here despite Catheter.

If it weren't for that coverage, they'd be in the same boat as the Post.

So you should be complaining to the Sun and the Post as to why their coverage sucks.

If you want to read their coverage...who is stopping you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a fucking conspiracy!!! You should call up the Sun to report it! Everyone here thinks exactly the same way..
    We all think the sunshine girls are ugly as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahahqha
    My name and avatar come from a high school play that mocked all political affiliations, don't patronise me....
    My phone is dead.... Too bad

Honestly, is this a serious post?? Do you read the Sun and Star and other newspapers and not see which side of the political spectrum they are on??

Is it only a coincidence that the rightmost paper has been banned, the 2nd right paper you want banned, your name and avatar tend to show your affiliation, you don't want to "support" the right wing paper even though other papers (the star) have been much much worse than the two on the chopping block.

So again, please look at this objectively and get rid of the political slant of this supporter club...This is the type of shit that divides not unifies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apperantly, Jack just called him and gave him the insider news... before anyone on the exec and the leaders group.

is this guy for real?
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love these guys that hop on board well after the fact and instead of finding out the true story, instead they cast dispersions and baseless accusations because we have chosen to exert our right as consumer to support those who support TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    It's a fucking conspiracy!!! You should call up the Sun to report it! Everyone here thinks exactly the same way..
    We all think the sunshine girls are ugly as hell!
    SSG are essential though...

they help easing the pain after defeats like the one against Seattle, by reminding us that there are uglier things in life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Do you sit on the RPB leaders Group? Have you gotten a call from Jack on the official stance?

This is one RPB making a suggestion... don't get your panties all wet. If I say we are going to conquer Buffalo, will you call the FBI?

Get some fucking sleep! FFS

Why do I have to sit on the RPB leaders group to point out something that is quite obvious which people are tending to ignore, insult or ask others to leave over?

One person's suggestion last year took out the National Post did it not? Surely everyone did not post at the exact same time saying ban the post last year..

So please, don't be condescending, it is not a good quality.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do I have to sit on the RPB leaders group to point out something that is quite obvious which people are tending to ignore, insult or ask others to leave over?

One person's suggestion last year took out the National Post did it not? Surely everyone did not post at the exact same time saying ban the post last year..

Not even close. Man...it would be helpful if you got your facts straight first.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stoked, stfu already

keep the politics out of football... this nonsense argument you're bringing up isn't reflecting good on yourself, nor the rest of us who are conservative minded supporters here... not posting the Sun is not the same at all, as a prof in a university not considering it or the national post a valid source...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What in the world are you talking about? The POST doesn't cover sports period... at least not as good as otehr newspapers.

and that person who made the suggestion was not an RPB member, it was one banner made by him and that was it.

Go catch some zzz' you have no idea what you are talking about and are only making a fool out of yourself.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS