Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Denime.. No more Sun Media News here please!!

WE should not give them the time anymore, every time that we hit their site it is money in their pockets.
    I propose a complete ban of their news in here, we are dirt to them let's not read their shit here.

my one cent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or we just don't hot link the website.... just post the entire news here.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well did you see the front page of Saturday's Globe? Check out the bottom-left corner. I only caught the front page and haven't had a chance to read the article so I can't comment on the content, but the headline on page one was resoundingly negative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why continue to show their content here?
    How can we show support for someone that continue to ridicule our beloved sport and ourselves.
    No more please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redrat View Post
    Why continue to show their content here?
    How can we show support for someone that continue to ridicule our beloved sport and ourselves.
    No more please.
    I totally agree

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my 2 cents:
    at least no hot link....if not an outright ban....

If you cut and paste the article - it's the same as no hot link...click thru/impressions is how they make their online money....like every time we click on the ssg link...it's like a penny in their account...so 200 ssg clicks a day from our site... $2 a day x 365 = $700 a year = one week of salary for one of those douches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cathal Kelly writes for the star, should we ban that too? I mean he's more negative than anyone.

talk about censorship.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stoked View Post
    Cathal Kelly writes for the star, should we ban that too? I mean he's more negative than anyone.

talk about censorship.
    Do you see any National Post articles here?

There is a reason we don't post their shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Do you see any National Post articles here?

There is a reason we don't post their shit.

Exactly, one right wing paper banned, a second soon to follow..Yet the star can post terrible content a la cathal kelly and associates...

I mean what does the post and sun do and the star doesn't? What type of criteria are we following here? I find this absolutely absurd considering the most famous journalist that people like to torch on this board is Kelly, especially since his little essay on Football hooliganism.

I sense political bias here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, so we ban the post, get rid of the sun, and don't like the star.

i guess this leaves Ben and Robo's weekly article then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    hmmm, so we ban the post, get rid of the sun, and don't like the star.

i guess this leaves Ben and Robo's weekly article then?

Exactly, I mean where does it end? Do we only want to read articles that give the team a pat on the back and to the supporters a cookie?

Bring back the post and don't censor people who want different perspectives on the club, whether positive or negative.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

We removed the Post because or their reporting of LAST year's Columbus trip. If you saw the article, we had every reason to.

Whether the Sun's articles get posted here or not remains to be seen. That is a decision for Jack and the RPB exec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    LOL

We removed the Post because or their reporting of LAST year's Columbus trip. If you saw the article, we had every reason to.

Whether the Sun's articles get posted here or not remains to be seen. That is a decision for Jack and the RPB exec.

I really don't find it to be all that funny.

I mean, what about this year's Columbus trip? Surely this year's version is much worse and the person leading the charge was Kelly. Last year was minuscule in comparison to this years. Hell, the supporters have even created a letter to defend their position this time around and not last. Supporters this year have been asking for MLSE to defend them, didn't happen last year.

So you tell me which has had more of an impact. Which paper has a larger audience? Where is the outrage to ban ban ban? Soto say that we banned the Post for last year's indiscretions is quite hypocritical considering that this year's "problems" stemming from the Star have been much much worse.

So again, get rid of the political bias of news sources here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, one right wing paper banned, a second soon to follow..Yet the star can post terrible content a la cathal kelly and associates...

I mean what does the post and sun do and the star doesn't? What type of criteria are we following here? I find this absolutely absurd considering the most famous journalist that people like to torch on this board is Kelly, especially since his little essay on Football hooliganism.

Dude,

It was one person making a suggestion about the Sun... I can't stand Cathal Kelly as much as everyone else, and had you been reading the threads... we had a small list of RPBs cancelling their Toronto Star subscription...

What bias are you talking about? If you feel like making one up to just feel good go right ahead...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Dude,

It was one person making a suggestion about the Sun... I can't stand Cathal Kelly as much as everyone else, and had you been reading the threads... we had a small list of RPBs cancelling their Toronto Star subscription...

What bias are you talking about? If you feel like making one up to just feel good go right ahead...

The bias is what this thread is about, one paper has been "banned", another one people are looking to have banned, yet others escape the same treatment?? People have cancelled their subscription and all, but where is the same policy about news sources being posted on here.. I just find that posting the star and not the post is unjustified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know the meaning of censorship?
    I don't want to financialy suport an institution that continues to mock us

talk about censorship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know the meaning of censorship?
    I don't want to financialy suport an institution that continues to mock us

Yes I know what it means, and no, it is not relevant. What is relevant is your mission to block a news source for no apparent reason (other than politically motivated I'll assume).

I mean listen, if you don't want to read it don't click it, no one is forcing you to click the link, however when you want the person who gets the info from various news sources and restrict others; it becomes quite apparent that you are being a hypocrite considering you have not called for a ban of other news sources that have done the same or have gone further to tarnish the club's name.

Mainly the Star. Hell. They can't get the team's proper acronym right half the time, how insulting is that?

So let's bring back the Post and rid ourselves of this political bias okay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can the Sun be politically affiliated?
    Get that out of your head!!!!
    Newspapers are an institution which only purpose is to profit, not to inform us.
    Yes I know what it means, and no, it is not relevant. What is relevant is your mission to block a news source for no apparent reason (other than politically motivated I'll assume).

I mean listen, if you don't want to read it don't click it, no one is forcing you to click the link, however when you want the person who gets the info from various news sources and restrict others; it becomes quite apparent that you are being a hypocrite considering you have not called for a ban of other news sources that have done the same or have gone further to tarnish the club's name.

Mainly the Star. Hell. They can't get the team's proper acronym right half the time, how insulting is that?

So let's bring back the Post and rid ourselves of this political bias okay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can the Sun be politically affiliated?
    Get that out of your head!!!!
    Newspapers are an institution which only purpose is to profit, not to inform us.

Honestly, is this a serious post?? Do you read the Sun and Star and other newspapers and not see which side of the political spectrum they are on??

Is it only a coincidence that the rightmost paper has been banned, the 2nd right paper you want banned, your name and avatar tend to show your affiliation, you don't want to "support" the right wing paper even though other papers (the star) have been much much worse than the two on the chopping block.

So again, please look at this objectively and get rid of the political slant of this supporter club...This is the type of shit that divides not unifies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to be just negative...
    we should support good writers:
    http://onwardsoccer.com/
    (click it!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    not to be just negative...
    we should support good writers:
    http://onwardsoccer.com/
    (click it!!)

He is a good writer, I enjoy his posts, but again, I feel that what he writes merely panders to his audience...much like Kelly, cept that it's flipped in terms of support.

" In three previous starts, Barrett has missed more than a Tory fact-finder investigating inner-city poverty"

^
    Let's keep the politics out of this and also this an example of poor journalism.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brunt can stick around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're not looking to censor.
    we're looking to not financially support people that target us.
    the articles can be posted as far as i'm concerned...but the links shouldn't be posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AS one of the writers who doesn't generally crap on TFC, I'd just like to point out that disliking one writer's approach is not generally a good reason to hurt the wage of a lot of other reporters and editors who have no say in such issue.

Make your issue with the article. Generalizing, when there are plenty of occasions that people have recommended articles from all of the aforementioned publications, is not particularly fair, either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the articles can be posted as far as i'm concerned...but the links shouldn't be posted.
    EXACTLY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why I said that we should should not (financially) suport them by hitting their sites, copy and paste ok but no longer link them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why I said that we should should not (financially) suport them by hitting their sites, copy and paste ok but no longer link them

Then do it for all the papers, not just the ones that fit your perspective. There should be no reason as to why the head RPB get to decide what news sources are restricted...

I apologize for not knowing who the head people are, I believe it is Jack, and I think years before it was a guy with the last name of Dubrick, (met him once, really nice guy) but I believe it should be imperative that the get rid of this this silly "censorship" rule that we have here when it comes to the news. It is only fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like the choice of whether to support the newspaper or not.
    I don't want others making that choice for me (big brother).

If you see a sun link, don't click it if you don't want to. Just as I'm sure there are many who don't want to click the sunshine girl (she can be scary, I know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stoked, you aren't going to change any minds here.
    if you really don't like how we do things here, there are countless other football sites, and even other Tfc supporters sites, you don't need to just come to our site for news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stoked, you aren't going to change any minds here.
    if you really don't like how we do things here, there are countless other football sites, and even other Tfc supporters sites, you don't need to just come to our site for news.

That is quite intolerant my friend. If someone disagrees with you and has a valid point and points out one's bias in his arguement, he is asked to leave?? I enjoy coming to this site for news, interaction, discussion, but by no means have I offended, broken any rules, etc etc.. This team and supporters group is quite inclusive, yet when someone speaks out against something that is obviously wrong and needs fixing he is just told to look elsewhere?

You guys are proud of your diversity, yet when push comes to shove, you're just as elitist as the people you detest.