RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Sunday, Apr.12

Toronto FC lets one slip away
    PAUL ATTFIELD

TORONTO — It was all there for the taking.
    With the ticker tape and smoke bombs released before kickoff, and an early lead provided by hometown hero Dwayne De Rosario — his first goal for the club — Toronto FC fans were ready to resume the party everyone had anticipated this season before the Seattle Sounders so rudely gate-crashed last week's home opener.
    But two minutes from time, the home side failed to deal with a corner, substitute Eric Avila turned it back across the goal and FC Dallas captain Pablo Ricchetti nonchalantly back-heeled it into the net as three points turned into one with Saturday's 1-1 draw.

Read More

TFC's old habits die hard as late goal costs victory
    'It feels like we lost the game,' Robinson admits after Dallas scores with just three minutes to go
    Daniel Girard

It was an all-too-familiar finish.
    Toronto FC, which last season tied for league-worst in giving up 13 goals in the final 15 minutes of a game, did it again yesterday, surrendering the equalizer to FC Dallas with three minutes to play.
    "Everyone's deflated in here because it feels like we lost the game," midfielder Carl Robinson said in the TFC locker room after the 1-1 tie before 20,272 fans at BMO Field.

Read More

The Positive Side Of Disappointment

TORONTO -- Saturday's match represented the positive side of disappointment for Toronto FC, if such a thing exists. Whereas last weekend's 2-0 loss to Seattle was an all-around letdown for the team, Saturday's 1-1 draw against FC Dallas represented at least a step in the right direction, albeit with its own unique brand of unpleasantness. In this case, it was an 87th-minute goal from FCD captain Pablo Ricchetti that tied the game and erased the lead that the Reds had held for most of the game. Ricchetti's goal deflated the supporters at BMO Field, all of whom were hoping to see TFC hang on for its first home victory of the season.

Read More

Late goals continue to plague TFC
    John F. Molinaro

First, the good news.
    Dwayne De Rosario scored his first goal for Toronto FC in a 1-1 draw with FC Dallas on Saturday in what was easily the midfielder's best performance for the Canadian club since being acquired in an off-season trade.
    Toronto's much maligned defence put it in a good day at the office, Kevin Harmse being the notable exception, and shut down Dallas' Kenny Cooper, one of the best strikers in the league.

Read More

TFC: Everything but the win
    Looks sharp, but done in by late ugly goal
    By LANCE HORNBY, SUN MEDIA

Toronto FC's Scarborough Connection came through for the hometown, but it's the ugly goal the club gave up yesterday that will haunt it this week.
    Three minutes from a shutout win and the perfect finish to the day for Dwayne De Rosario and Adrian Serioux, team jitters came to the fore and allowed FC Dallas to escape with a 1-1 draw. TFC didn't have a shot on goal in the second half, while winless Dallas took advantage for its first point of the year.

Read More

SUNSHINE
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! What's up with all of the red cards? I believe a red could've even been pulled in our game. Maybe when Frei went down or when Cunningham got decked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow so many ties this weekend. Only KC and RSL had wins. Red Bulls still shyte.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCrowd View Post
    Wow! What's up with all of the red cards? I believe a red could've even been pulled in our game. Maybe when Frei went down or when Cunningham got decked?
    Dichio was pretty close to getting a second yellow as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad referring all around. I was watching some of the Chivas vs. Galaxy game, Arena was just shaking his head. The ref lost control of the game early on, pulling out yellow card after yellow card. I think he gave out 3 yellow cards in the first 20 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only 3 points off the lead.....early days yet my friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KC beating Seattle? Alrighty then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    bad referring all around. I was watching some of the Chivas vs. Galaxy game, Arena was just shaking his head. The ref lost control of the game early on, pulling out yellow card after yellow card. I think he gave out 3 yellow cards in the first 20 minutes.
    the guy in our game yesterday was pretty weak. he would always wait to make a call until players or fans protested.... some really late calls on his part (not playing the advantage either).
    and I bet if one of our defenders had tackled Kenny Cooper the way Barrett was, it woulda been a penalty. I've seen lighter stuff called against us over the years.

ps. the sunshine girl is smokin!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    KC beating Seattle? Alrighty then.
    yet KC played like crap , they looked a man down the whole game... TBH Davy arnaud would look nice in a tfc kit , that guy is growing on me alot Hey Mo Give up Smith and barrett for him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^or not