Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What can be done to help barrett?

We know barrett is a talented player, but it is obvious by his body language that his confidence is shot. He just looks deflated out there... especially after that botched header last game the ref had to go over and make sure he was ok. Every missed opportunity seems to make it worse. I know most people are saying bench the dude but will that help his confidence? What can he or anyone do to get him out of this?

Gixmo

Easy Answer

Support him - Rather feed him to the wolves...Chad's obviously struggling with his form, mentally and physically - the best we can do as supporters, is SUPPORT

You watch, one of these days Mr. Barrett comes along and when he dents the Onion bag, It will be of significance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all about his state of mind. Mentally there's a problem for him right now. Personally what I think would be best would be to sing positive chants about Barrett and make banners supporting Barrett etc. Maybe some friendly emails supporting him? Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Order him a shrink, let him sort out his problems and take the rest of the season off.

That's how I'd help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gixmo View Post
    Easy Answer

Support him - Rather feed him to the wolves...Chad's obviously struggling with his form, mentally and physically - the best we can do as supporters, is SUPPORT

You watch, one of these days Mr. Barrett comes along and when he dents the Onion bag, It will be of significance...
    Without any doubt this is the truth.

End of thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that he needs to sort this out on the field and the best way to increase his confidence is to get him a goal but his confidence is so low that he can't score its a vicious cycle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is ridiculous.

"Don't worry about scoring, Chad, Take your time, we can wait! Don't mind that far superior forward sitting on the bench, we won't let him take your spot...no we won't"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all due respect Exiled, who is this FAR superior striker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking voodoo or something... but banners work too.
    Ya it's obvious his confidence is shot. He definitely needs a goal. Even De Vos was saying he feels for the guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bench him- For a game or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every game matters. The fact that he refuses to put away game-changing or game-clinching goals will kill us.

See Cunningham. He missed so many chances in the Columbus game (that ended 2-2) and we should've won that game. He scored I think 1 goal on a breakaway and that was against Salt Lake.

Bench Barrett, have him work harder, let someone more capable than him play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ lol
    but its true
    theres a song that goes, you better loose yourself in the music, the moments, you better never let it go, you only got one shot do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Chad had more then 1?
    Chad is 24 i believe, he is not Ibbe where we would be like he's still has alot to learn
    Chad if he hasnt learned, send him to the bench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    (I used the term forward) Dichio is FAR superior to Barrett. Not just for his finish, but his ability to rally the team and hold the ball in the opposition half.

A year ago, nobody thought that Cunny deserved a song and a hug, and Cunny actually netted against Beckham's Galaxy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exiled is aggrieved because Barrett looks so much like Wayne Rooney.

Let's stick together and support Barrett. He obviously works hard and with his heart in the right place, good things will come. Miss a goal like he did with his wayward header in the first half of Saturday's game and it's easy to imagine he'll be haunted by it all week as he hits the practice pitch.

He made a mistake and I'll bet he wants to make amends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    At the moment....i would rather have......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you do don't show him this you tube. He may realize he really does suck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    . He scored I think 1 goal on a breakaway and that was against Salt Lake.
    You missed this one then.

Cunny's other goal on the breakaway

and another

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He needs to score two goals in Dallas !!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stay away from the Voodoo!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Exiled is aggrieved because Barrett looks so much like Wayne Rooney.

Let's stick together and support Barrett. He obviously works hard and with his heart in the right place, good things will come. Miss a goal like he did with his wayward header in the first half of Saturday's game and it's easy to imagine he'll be haunted by it all week as he hits the practice pitch.

He made a mistake and I'll bet he wants to make amends.
    Hey, I'll support him, while he's our only option on the pitch.

Thing is he isn't. There are 3 other options. The only reason he's getting time on the pitch is because someone rather stupidly signed him to 4 years.

We're losing points right now, because mistakes aren't being acknowledged, rather they are being repeated.

Dichio is a better option, there is no arguing this point. Chad is a good kid, but he's a throwback from earlier MLS days when all you needed to be a great striker was one goal in ten attempts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o man after that video,

im rellishing the chance to see Obrien White play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gixmo View Post
    Easy Answer

yayyyyy, at least one person on this board sees the connection between being called a supporter and how they act/speak about the team.

"TRADE HIM/BENCH HIM/TELL HIM TO QUIT FOOTBALL FOREVER, HE BLOWS! whats that? no im not a crew supporter, why would you think that, i love TFC... biggest supporter out there..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does he need?

Practice, because it looks like gets none.

Hopefully when he scores his first goal he will regain his confidence and continue to score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look At DVS video.

Watch those flubs.

Every top striker in the world has made a couple of those. But not even mediocre strikers in second tier leagues do it as often as that.

We can already make a video like that from his time here.

Gixmo

Exiled - I totally understand your point, 100% - It's correct as well, there certainly are better options on the bench.. that being said, it's early on, It's 4 games in and there's a long season ahead. Let him sort it now so that when it is crunch time, he delivers.

I have 100% faith that Chad will find the net, and when he does I'm gonna bet the farm it saves face for TFC... When we praise him the, is all forgotten?

He obviously has skill, or he would not have made it this far in his career.

Sing him a song, give him a lift, make him a banner... and when he scores, We'll see it was all worth it.. What you gonna do if he scores and runs right to the South End ? Give him the bird? Tell him off?

No, We'll celebrate with him and the joy in his face will continue to translate to goals on the pitch.

(However, the time line for that happen needs to be quick, that I will give you..)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Look At DVS video.

Watch those flubs.

Every top striker in the world has made a couple of those. But not even mediocre strikers in second tier leagues do it as often as that.

We can already make a video like that from his time here.
    Dichio and/or Ibra deserve the start over him. Unfortunately it goes futher than Barrett.

1. Is the Vitti signing worth 300 000? Yes he hasn't played much but 300 000 bucks can get you talent in this league.

2. Ricketts gets signed? Personally I thought Ibra did a better job playing an unnatural position for him

3. Is there really a Centre Back playing beside Serioux?

And it goes on and on. Lack of depth will really hurt this club in the future.

Problem is its unprofessional to can Mo or Carver at this moment. This go slow when ownership is worried about counting concession sales etc etc over success on the pitch.

Also, that you tube I posted was only from last two seasons with Fire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing will help him, he lacks basic footy skills, to me it just seem like he tries hard to be a good footballer but lacks the natural skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commentator: Through ball by De Rosario for Barrett at the edge of the penalty area! This could win it! WTF?! He toe poked it to the keeper. And TFC drops 2 more points in their quest for a playoff spot.

(Final Whistle Blows)

Fans: Give him another chance! He just tries so hard. His confidence is lacking and once he starts he'll be a goal scoring slut.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bench him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys support him. We know he can score from last season and once we get him back into it he'll really be bagging them for us! Simple support. Chant positively about him and make nice banners about him etc.