Default Eastern Standings

Chicago 2 0 2 8
    New England 2 0 1 7
    Kansas City 2 2 0 6
    D.C. United 1 1 2 5
    Toronto FC 1 1 2 5
    Columbus 0 2 3 3
    New York 0 2 2 2
    Last edited by Batman; 04-12-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Columbus and New York wake up we are in big trouble this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, after watching the first game, I would never have thought we'd be trailing KC a few weeks later.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I dislike the Columbus Few, I have to say I'm pretty shocked by how bad they have been this season, considering that they have Schellotto and Marshall.

The Energy Drinks don't shock me as much. Had a good run at the right time last season, then were exposed in the final.

Hopefully we can get it together, while the points are really close in the East. No team has started to pull away at all.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    If Columbus and New York wake up we are in big trouble this season.
    So far our team is no better than last year so why should we expect different results?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessarily because if they “wake up” and start leading the table that would mean someone is falling back simultaneously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is in the same situation as the others, we are all in the same area in the standings right beside each other where 3 points will move someone on the top of the table. It's only 4 games in don't get your panties in a knot. Anything can happen at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloor West FC View Post
    TFC is in the same situation as the others, we are all in the same area in the standings right beside each other where 3 points will move someone on the top of the table. It's only 4 games in don't get your panties in a knot. Anything can happen at this point.
    totally true.

I have watched MLS now since 2007, and from experience, I will say that every team will still be in the playoff hunt until the final 3 weeks.
    Some teams will go on winning runs, some teams will go on losing runs.

To worry about standings now, when we're 3 points from being near the top or three points from being near the bottom, is folly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloor West FC View Post
    I didn't see anyone's panties in a knot even before we were so wisely told not too put them in one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not in a worrying mood right now. Were still getting points. Besides the egg we laid against Seattle were still 3/4 in points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    I'm not in a worrying mood right now. Were still getting points. Besides the egg we laid against Seattle were still 3/4 in points.
    I agree. There's no need to worry just yet. It's only been a couple of bad results, remember the couple of good results at the start of the season?

Stop getting so hyped up after a game or two please. You're going to be all over the bandwagon all season if you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is really only one thing that is worrysome....it's our form at home. Doesn't seem to be any better than on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    There is really only one thing that is worrysome....it's our form at home. Doesn't seem to be any better than on the road.
    It's only been two games! Please wait a bit people!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, maybe I'm just conditioned to be eternally patient and optimistic because I'm an Arsenal supporter.

The Gunners went on a streak of four or five nil-nil draws against mediocre EPL clubs - no one could hit the broad side of a barn, let alone our strikers. Now they are flying high, scoring bags of goals, and playing their usual brand of gorgeous football again.

We are off to a rough start, but I'm optimistic that the boys will eventually get into a confortable groove. If half the season passes and they haven't, I will reconsider my viewpoint.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    As much as I dislike the Columbus Few, I have to say I'm pretty shocked by how bad they have been this season, considering that they have Schellotto and Marshall..

- Scott
    Apparently Marshall does in fact have a concussion from being elbowed in the side of the head, and it's not known how long he may be out.