Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
    Everyone is quite right -- I should just stop my whining and get with the program. Sit down and be a good little boy. This is what I like so much about Toronto, and Canada -- so subservient.

Perhaps they could install airplane style seat belts on the chairs to ensure that everyone is following the rules.
    Holy fuck man, is it that time of the month or something?

I attend games in Toronto, Canada, and I have never sat at a TFC match. Oh right, that's because I was quick enough to buy a ticket in the supporters section where that stuff is allowed.

You bought your tickets with the advance knowledge of what was expected in your section. Despite the chant, BMO is not "your house", it's someone else's and they set the rules.

An adult respects those rules that he willingly agreed to abide by, or finds ways to get to the places where the rules are different. A child whines and moans about it, hoping to catch the attention of those with some sort of authority.

Which one are you in this situation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post

I attend games in Toronto, Canada, and I have never sat at a TFC match. Oh right, that's because I was quick enough to buy a ticket in the supporters section where that stuff is allowed.

You bought your tickets with the advance knowledge of what was expected in your section. Despite the chant, BMO is not "your house", it's someone else's and they set the rules.

An adult respects those rules that he willingly agreed to abide by, or finds ways to get to the places where the rules are different. A child whines and moans about it, hoping to catch the attention of those with some sort of authority.

Such a good post until you ruined it with that elitist crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why, WHY do I keep reading these threads......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has everyone been google searching new ways to facepalm? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egoodwin View Post
    127 brought it as well, with a few new chants, and a bottom-top massive, which is good considering last year it was only the first 5 rows
    I had fun in 126 cheering with the NEE. However I noticed they revert to the same chants over and over again and it gets a little tiresome. I was trying to explain to my better half all of the unique cheers she will hear, and then we kept singing "Allez Allez Allez-o...We Love you Tor-on-to". I joined in but I felt they needed to freshen things up a bit with some diversity.

But I am not a regular 126 guy, and I was proud that we cheered for the whole 90+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Such a good post until you ruined it with that elitist crap.
    How is what you highlighted elitist?

Did I say I was better than anyone because I got a ticket where I wanted? I used the words "quick" enough, not "smart" enough or "awesome" enough or "amazing" enough. Although all of those words do apply to me in some fashion.

Am I supposed to apologize to the rest of the people that are outside the supporters section because I have a ticket in the south stand? Will that make me a non-elitist?

Fuck that.

We all abide by the rules set for our particular section, and do so willingly when we buy tickets. I like smoke bombs, but I know they're not allowed in the supporters section (or anywhere in the stadium for that matter).

Do you see me waxing lyrical about how unfair it is that I cannot use smoke bombs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grimm View Post
    Has everyone been google searching new ways to facepalm? LOL

Yes.

This one was cuter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck that.

Do you see me waxing lyrical about how unfair it is that I cannot use smoke bombs?
    How far back are we allowed to search

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is what you highlighted elitist?

Did I say I was better than anyone because I got a ticket where I wanted? I used the words "quick" enough, not "smart" enough or "awesome" enough or "amazing" enough. Although all of those words do apply to me in some fashion.

Am I supposed to apologize to the rest of the people that are outside the supporters section because I have a ticket in the south stand? Will that make me a non-elitist?

Fuck that.

We all abide by the rules set for our particular section, and do so willingly when we buy tickets. I like smoke bombs, but I know they're not allowed in the supporters section (or anywhere in the stadium for that matter).

This part - I attend games in Toronto, Canada, and I have never sat at a TFC match. Oh right, that's because I was quick enough
    Some of us get tired when owning a ST seems to give people the thought that they have expanded rights, when really, it's the seat location regardless of who sits in it. Although like I said, the rest of it was bang on. And it does imply that many on this board are slower than most....er.......

Oh, and 100% with you on the smoke issue.
    Last edited by cmonyoureds; 04-13-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is worse than those fuckin High School Musical Movies....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been in 111 for two games now, and the atmosphere there is pretty good. There is plenty of noise at the back of the section, and mixed support in front of me. Overall, the chanting is decent, albeit a little undisciplined. It would be nice if we could coordinate with section 112 next door.

I do have a couple of beefs regarding section 111, though. First, enough with the "this beer is delicious" chant. We get it, you're drunk; that doesn't mean you have to sound like a broken record. Second, can we for the love of god get the Dichio chant right?! It's so hard to do that chant correctly when most people around me are screwing it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    I've been in 111 for two games now, and the atmosphere there is pretty good. There is plenty of noise at the back of the section, and mixed support in front of me. Overall, the chanting is decent, albeit a little undisciplined. It would be nice if we could coordinate with section 112 next door.
    We now have a capo. He will have a megaphone. Pay attention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    This part - I attend games in Toronto, Canada, and I have never sat at a TFC match. Oh right, that's because I was quick enough
    Some of us get tired when owning a ST seems to give people the thought that they have expanded rights, when really, it's the seat location regardless of who sits in it. Although like I said, the rest of it was bang on. And it does imply that many on this board are slower than most....er.......

Oh, and 100% with you on the smoke issue.
    Technically, if I implied that many on this board were slower at obtaining tickets than most in the supporters section, I would be telling the truth, no?

I got my ticket where I did because of the location, and because it allows me expanded rights. Again, I'm not going to apologize for that.

My original point was that whining about what one can and cannot do in certain parts of the stadium is really dumb, as the rules have been set for two years now, and anyone who willingly pays money for a ticket is agreeing to abide by the rules set for that seat location.

If they don't like it, find a way to get into another area of the stadium, or don't go to the games at all. Either way, the rest of us should be spared the angst and use of sarcasm to try to mask the whining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    How far back are we allowed to search
    I'm betting you'll have to go at least as far back as s3.excoboard.com for that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    I'm betting you'll have to go at least as far back as s3.excoboard.com for that one.

James! We said we'd never speak it's name again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Workie View Post
    James! We said we'd never speak it's name again!
    I guess this goes back to your whole "pay attention" thing again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The U-Sector board (version 2.0) goes all the way back to March of 2006.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this goes back to your whole "pay attention" thing again...

If you value your life, you'll lock yourself in your bathroom and not come out for 3 days...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We now have a capo. He will have a megaphone. Pay attention
    Believe me, I hear it, even in row 31. At the same time that you're starting a chant in section 112, though, people in the two rows behind are starting another chant. I'm stuck in a chanting tug-of-war.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    Believe me, I hear it, even in row 31. At the same time that you're starting a chant in section 112, though, people in the two rows behind are starting another chant. I'm stuck in a chanting tug-of-war.

We have that problem in 112 too....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you value your life, you'll lock yourself in your bathroom and not come out for 3 days...
    What a coincidence...I'm already into hour 4 of my current 72-hour stint. Should I restart the clock?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have that problem in 112 too....
    There should be tryouts for holding season tickets in that section. The losers should be banished to section 227.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a coincidence...I'm already into hour 4 of my current 72-hour stint. Should I restart the clock?

Thinking ahead. I like your style

Carry On.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, well, I think we can all agree that the south end should be better organized. Workie and Zac will help fix this problem - just make sure to follow their lead and we'll be able to greatly improve the atmosphere in record time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and if the wind would ever to blow south to north??

well watch out....man it would be loud

and it there were ever walls or a semi roof

well watch out...cause man it would be louder

and it there were ever walls or a semi roof

and if the wind would ever to blow south to north

well watch out....man it would be louder than loud

it would be the loudest

and it's getting pretty loud now....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just scalp your tickets for big bucks.

105 is a miserable shit hole.

I wouldnt pay money to sit down and have the away support curse and shit all over me.

And I hope all the 'you knew the rules when you bought the tickets' people are perfectly fine with scalping. Scalping is perfectly legal, as is MLSE kicking people out for standing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know someone already called on this but get off it man. Half the areas that are supporters sections weren't on day one. We bought tickets that were CHEAP. Which was far south end, far north end. South end became the "supporters" section and the north did not - but everyone still stood. No security came and gave you shit, TFC let these areas develop organically, without hindering the way people wanted to cheer. Now all of a sudden they've put a hardline stamp on this?

I'm totally surprised there isn't more solidarity on this here. Guys we could have all four corners of the stadium standing and cheering loud and proud. The north east corner was getting great momentum and starting to make noise and now their passion and support has been squashed. We have one more section that is like a Jays game (by force).

Next time you think about moaning about people not singing or the way the rest of the stadium acts, think about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by headhoncho View Post
    In regards to being ejected for giving the finger and blowing kisses to the staff who asked you to sit down. I wasn't present when this happened. In general terms, I ask for nothing more than a bit of respect for the staff trying to make the fans experience the best it can be.
    It sounds like security is behaving badly, making up stories, and persecuting fans. Perhaps you'd actually like to address the issue, rather than simply making excuses. There have been several reports here that security in 105 in particular was heavy-handed. What are you doing about this? Surely standing up once, and sitting down when asked, is no reason for security staff to start making up stories about giving the finger to security.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To others who were in section 105. Please lets not get cute with our posts and whine. We are all grown adults and we should be mature about this.

Let's stop the wise cracks. I don't know headhancho but appreciate that he's on here and we have his ear. That being said as a 105 STH I want those reading this thread to know this:
    1. Most STHs in 105 have been there for 2 years
    2. We know that it wasn't a supporters section but were allowed to stand and cheer for the past 2 years
    3. We ALSO know that near the end of the second season that for 2009 there will be a new rule - no persistant standing
    4. The enforcement of this rule was yet to be seen before the 2009 season - will it be enforced? will be be just something on paper? like when streamers were not supposed to be thrown during corners
    5. First game we were allowed to stand and thought it would be like the previous 2 years

I've been there from day one, and even if people say 105 is shit (which at times it is) it's still full of good people and the view is nice (IMHO). The only problem I had, was been asked to leave during half time as I was going to the washroom. I was given no personal warning beforehand but the group, of say 12, gets mass warnings... but I was watching the game. Later on (probably 30-35th min?) we complied realizing the gravity of the situation AND STILL I GOT TOSSED. I never start fights, never throw beer, and if you see know me I'm a good guy (betcha they all say that though, eh?)

Going forward for those that care about 105 (and 104) I urge you to join this thread http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11857 and join in POSITIVELY. phonzo if you're reading this please make sure that anyone that's negative on that thread please be blocked or message deleted (if that's possible).

Come all of you as the above mentioned we're all fans lets help each other out and cut out negativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rudi - I was not going to reply to your post since I do not want to get into a pissing contest with you(I will probably loose) but I would like to make a couple of points.
    1) The person who statred this thread did so to voice his concerns about what he and some others perceived to be heavy handed security at the game last Saturday. He did not mention anything about the right to sit or stand, he just wnated to state that it was not a very enjoyable experience and something that appeared to happen out of the blue. A few of us in this section have been standind and cheering since day one(rightly or wrongly) with no issues and same for the opening game against Seattle(with the new security firm). I only recall one occasion when I personally was told I was blocking someone's view and on that occasion I swapped seats and everything was fine. I guess we were taken off guard and were surprised that they were being so forceful with little warning.
    2) Regarding your comment about not getting out tickets soon enough. I am sure that several people in my section have a number of reasons as to why they ended up sitting where they did. I for one took a little time making a decision to buy tickets for a number of reasons, one being that I travel 2 1/2 hours one way to get to the game. Once I decided that was not an issue for me and went to but the tickets all the "cheap" ones were sold out. The reason why I say "cheap" is that was the number one factor I was looking for. I ended up in Sec 105 since they were the best view for the price available. I do not recall at that time reading anything about rules for sitting or standing so it was never soemthing I ever considered to be a factor.
    Once that first season began a few of us started to try and get something going by standing and cherring and it has evolved since then.
    I do not have any desire to get tickets in the south end and I have my reasons for that. I would like to remain where I am since I have made many good friendships there. I guess from now on I will have to take my lumps and remain seated unless an alternate solution is found.
    Cheers