Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Board member HeadHoncho is the BMO Security crew chief.
    Perhaps you can ask him by PM about your particular case?

You did mention that the guards were taking notes?
    I wonder if they have to fill in some sort of report post game about any fan ejections?
    Will do, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by headhoncho View Post
    I assure you no one was told to sit down and be quiet. Section 105 is a NON STANDING SECTION. You were all advised of that by letter from the club. As such, the Security and Event Staff have every right to ask you to sit dwon during the normal course of the game.

If the play is getting near the goal and everyone stands up there's no problem with that either. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but untill that section is ever designated a "supporters section", we have no choice to but to have every one sit during the normal parts of the game.
    headhoncho thanks for comming on the boards to help clear this up. But I was told by your security TO SIT DOWN AND BE QUIT. You say this no standing rule will be enforced, will this be the same rule when traveling supporters show up? Personally my two seats will remain empty for the rest of the season and once you start kicking other good TFC supporters out I can see alot more empty seat in this section. that should make for good t.v. optics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delighted to answer your questions,

In regards to being ejected for giving the finger and blowing kisses to the staff who asked you to sit down. I wasn't present when this happened. In general terms, I ask for nothing more than a bit of respect for the staff trying to make the fans experience the best it can be. if a fan is asked to sit down in a non standing section and then decides to not only refuse but throw in the add ons, there is every chance you will be ejected. I do however expect the staff to respect the fans in return.

I peronally will not accept any verbal abuse of the staff at BMO if all they are tying to do is what they have ben asked to do, in this case simply asking fans to sit down in an area where standing is not allowed for long periods of time. I fully understand that during the exciting times of the game, EVERYONE in a section stands up and then sits down again.

As for the Seattle game, there were a good number of people on their feet during that game. We did field a number of complaints regarding that from fans who wanted to sit and watch the game, but couldn't because of the fans standing and blocking their view of the pitch. Section 105 has not been designated a standing section, I understand that standing watching a football match is something that a lot of people prefer, unfotunately until the designation for that particular section is changed at some point, it will remain a non standing section.

I hope that if your at the game on the 22nd, you have a great time and the Reds win one for us. Hope that answered your questions as well, and no your not being a smart ass, very valid questions.
    And the moral of the story is not to stand up for prolonged periods of time in non standing areas. Who would have thought that such a simple rule could be misinterpreted by so many people? I think the security guy is doing exceptionally well in his answers, the rules are not exactly hard to understand are they? Standing in areas where people are sitting is disrespectful, even worse when you know that you are not supposed to. All that says to me is that you don't care about the other people around you who's vision is obstructed because someone is being selfish. If people are wanting to stand then get a ticket in a standing area. If you are unable to do so and are unhappy sitting then stand in the beer garden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well TorontoCELT

What you don't understand, and why it's misinterpreted, is people have been standing in Sect 105 since day 1 and this is the first time anyone has been told they have to sit and have the threat of possible ejection/being written up. So I don't think it's that crazy that people sitting there are taken aback to this new initiative. Why would they ever think to move out of this section when they could stand all they want until this past weekend? Was security combing section 127, 111 and 119 telling people to sit last season before they were designated 'supporters' sections?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a supporter of TFC, and I have season tickets in section #105 (since the first game ever).

A question for HeadHoncho -- When Chicago / Columbus come to Toronto, and are standing, and signing, and cheering on the Fire in section 104, should we all sit down and be good little girls and boys....?

I am one of the main singers / cheerers / standers in 105 -- and I do my very best to get the whole section on their feet EVERY game to support TFC -- in the wind, rain, cold.

Football is a passionate game -- and the fervor, emotion, and passion it elicits do not come from the pages of some corporate manual.

I was asked numerous times by one of your guest services / security guard to sit down during the game -- when I was leaving, he apologised, and told me that he was just doing his (very difficult) job.

If I wanted to sit down for 90 minutes, I would not spend my money on going to live footballing events -- I would watch the game in my under wear on the sofa.

It is very difficult for me to understand how TFC can have this wonderful, and very exuberant support -- and then try and stifle and manage it, there really is no need.

Shame on MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
    I am a supporter of TFC, and I have season tickets in section #105 (since the first game ever).

A question for HeadHoncho -- When Chicago / Columbus come to Toronto, and are standing, and signing, and cheering on the Fire in section 104, should we all sit down and be good little girls and boys....?

I am one of the main singers / cheerers / standers in 105 -- and I do my very best to get the whole section on their feet EVERY game to support TFC -- in the wind, rain, cold.

Football is a passionate game -- and the fervor, emotion, and passion it elicits do not come from the pages of some corporate manual.

I was asked numerous times by one of your guest services / security guard to sit down during the game -- when I was leaving, he apologised, and told me that he was just doing his (very difficult) job.

If I wanted to sit down for 90 minutes, I would not spend my money on going to live footballing events -- I would watch the game in my under wear on the sofa.

It is very difficult for me to understand how TFC can have this wonderful, and very exuberant support -- and then try and stifle and manage it, there really is no need.

Shame on MLSE.

Let me be quite clear about this. 105 is a non standing section. It has never been designated as a standing section, and we have been instructed that due to the fans who have their view obstructed by people standing, we will ask people to sit down, other than the spontaneous moments when everybody jumps to their feet. if you refuse to sit down then you really are not leaving any alternative for us.

I assure you, my experience of watching football over many years, was at a time when terracings were all we had, and it was great times, but this is today and I am afraid as a result of what I said earlier, it's not something we can turn a blind eye to.

I hope you continue to support the reds with the same passion and in the undestanding we are not trying to be heavy handed, we are just trying to look after your fellow supporters.

thanks in advance guys for your understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame on MLSE.

i should have mentioned this Walnut, the away supporters get the top corner of the East stand and as such they are at the highest point in the stand and will therefore not be obstructing any of our fans. if they end up furhter down and decide to stand during the game, they are no different and will be asked to sit down as well.

I understand the frustration guys, but hopefully we get the same support from 105 and all over the park for the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me be quite clear about this. 105 is a non standing section. It has never been designated as a standing section, and we have been instructed that due to the fans who have their view obstructed by people standing, we will ask people to sit down, other than the spontaneous moments when everybody jumps to their feet. if you refuse to sit down then you really are not leaving any alternative for us.

I assure you, my experience of watching football over many years, was at a time when terracings were all we had, and it was great times, but this is today and I am afraid as a result of what I said earlier, it's not something we can turn a blind eye to.

I hope you continue to support the reds with the same passion and in the undestanding we are not trying to be heavy handed, we are just trying to look after your fellow supporters.

thanks in advance guys for your understanding.
    And when Chicago & Columbus come and try to own us...?

Should we just sit down and smile?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is something I would suggest you take up with TFC themselves, as they give security the policies that need to be enforced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What hes saying, is you are in a designated SITTING SECTION. Maybe you should attempt to get seats in 127, or another designated supporter section.

The rear section of 104 is a designated AWAY Supporter Section, so it fills the requirements of standing.

SING all you want, and at Pivotal Moments of the game in the game you can stand but RESPECT the other Supporters/Fans in the section and sit down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    That is something I would suggest you take up with TFC themselves, as they give security the policies that need to be enforced.
    I will send them a memo, suggesting that away fans be told to sit, as it makes the home fans jealous because they are not allowed to stand up.

Perhaps we could stop singing as well -- as some people might not enjoy the sound of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will send them a memo, suggesting that away fans be told to sit, as it makes the home fans jealous because they are not allowed to stand up.

Perhaps we could stop singing as well -- as some people might not enjoy the sound of it?
    Why are you just trying to pick a fight, we have no room for this on our board.

But again, i will say, they are in AWAY SUPPORTER SECTION, which is a designated STANDING SECTION!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    SING all you want, and at Pivotal Moments of the game in the game you can stand but RESPECT the other Supporters/Fans in the section and sit down.
    Perhaps we could have a excitement gauge that we can look at. Like a clap-o-meter. It could have different positions. Low excitement = sitting, partial excitement = ready to stand, excitement = standing up, really exciting = standing, very exciting = jumping, excitement over = sit down quickly.

This could just work....!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez, the security guy is answering questions in good will to help everyone, I don't know how many times he has to repeat himself?

There is basically two rules he is trying to stress:

1) People can stand in standing areas

2) People have to sit in seating areas unless there is an exciting opportunity, goal etc then they can stand for a short period of time.

If people were standing previous then at least they got away with for a season. At the end of the day if it is going to be enforced this season then they don't have any option but to sit down, that is part of the consequence of purchasing a ticket in an all seating area I am afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand that this initiative is probably coming from someone above, but really this seems like such a petty thing to be flexing the security on. I think many people in this section didn't read the fine print. Many know what sections are "supporters sections" but I have never heard that the rest of the stadium is designated as "non standing sections" - and up until this past weekend we didn't have guest services patrolling it giving everyone the gears.

Trust me Torontocelt - if the people in this section knew this would be what was happening this year (which it did not in the first two) we would all move.

Just for context - 127, 111, and I think 119 weren't "designated standing sections" last season. Was this issue happening then? Was security telling NEE to sit down last season? I don't think so - so why all of a sudden is this happening now?

TheIsland

Ignorance to the current rules and neglecting to read the fine print are not excuses. These are the rules 'in our house':

http://ww2.mlsnet.com/t280/stadium/2009/supporters/
    To quote directly "After a lot of thought and a lot of feedback, we’ve decided to designate more sections at BMO Field as ‘Supporters Sections’. Our definition of a ‘Supporters Section’ is an area where standing throughout match play is allowed, as well as the use of flags, banners, drums and streamers. Therefore, in addition to Sections 112 through 118, Sections 111, 119, 127, and the top half of 110 allow this behaviour for 2009 and beyond. All other sections will be expected to remain seated throughout the games, unless match play suggests otherwise."

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/single_game/
    They even have a picture depicting the supporter sections, and thus highlighting both non-standing and standing areas.

My parents' seats are in 226 - a designated non-standing section for the past two years now.

It is the beginning of the season with new security. They are going to be 'flexing' security measures to ensure the most possible future compliance.

If you don't like the rules, you don't have to comply with them - you just risk suffering the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I understand that this initiative is probably coming from someone above, but really this seems like such a petty thing to be flexing the security on. I think many people in this section didn't read the fine print. Many know what sections are "supporters sections" but I have never heard that the rest of the stadium is designated as "non standing sections" - and up until this past weekend we didn't have guest services patrolling it giving everyone the gears.

Trust me Torontocelt - if the people in this section knew this would be what was happening this year (which it did not in the first two) we would all move.

Just for context - 127, 111, and I think 119 weren't "designated standing sections" last season. Was this issue happening then? Was security telling NEE to sit down last season? I don't think so - so why all of a sudden is this happening now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheIsland View Post
    Ignorance to the current rules and neglecting to read the fine print are not excuses. These are the rules 'in our house':

http://ww2.mlsnet.com/t280/stadium/2009/supporters/
    To quote directly "After a lot of thought and a lot of feedback, we’ve decided to designate more sections at BMO Field as ‘Supporters Sections’. Our definition of a ‘Supporters Section’ is an area where standing throughout match play is allowed, as well as the use of flags, banners, drums and streamers. Therefore, in addition to Sections 112 through 118, Sections 111, 119, 127, and the top half of 110 allow this behaviour for 2009 and beyond. All other sections will be expected to remain seated throughout the games, unless match play suggests otherwise."

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/single_game/
    They even have a picture depicting the supporter sections, and thus highlighting both non-standing and standing areas.

My parents' seats are in 226 - a designated non-standing section for the past two years now.

It is the beginning of the season with new security. They are going to be 'flexing' security measures to ensure the most possible future compliance.

If you don't like the rules, you don't have to comply with them - you just risk suffering the consequences.
    Who asked you, anyway?

TheIsland

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Who asked you, anyway?
    Oh go back to your U-Sector, stand, jump, bounce around with you banners, streamers, and all that!! wait for it all good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to get hard to hear the singing over all the whining

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For those that want 104 to be a standing Supporters section... do you really think that having the visiting "supporters" directly above Toronto FC Supporters.... who are allowed flag poles and drums and other items... is a good idea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BosakWBC View Post
    It's going to get hard to hear the singing over all the whining
    I'm glad someone else said it.

For Christ's sake, to those who don't like your section, too fucking bad. There are so many ways to get into the actual supporters sections, so if you all spent half the time figuring that shit out rather than crying about your lame ass section, you'd already be there.

I'm just glad I supported soccer in this city before it became fashionable. It allowed me to get a proper supporters section season ticket back in October 2006.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i don't think anyone in 104 is suggesting it be made a supporters section. Everyone there understands that it's not standing, everyone should know if you are asked to sit down you do simple as that. Or ask to swap seats. I think the thread started out by addressing the fact that some saw security be a bit to heavy handed is all and the conversations got moved to PM's.

Don't know why this is still going really...

though I also don't see how comments like omg stop bitching really help..heaven forbid people are trying to get their sections involved.
    Last edited by phonzo; 04-13-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    though I also don't see how comments like omg stop bitching really help..heaven forbid people are trying to get their sections involved.
    Because making snide remarks on here is really going to accomplish that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is quite right -- I should just stop my whining and get with the program. Sit down and be a good little boy. This is what I like so much about Toronto, and Canada -- so subservient.

Perhaps they could install airplane style seat belts on the chairs to ensure that everyone is following the rules.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why don't you all just go to the beer garden and start chanting in there?

Amazing how so many people stand in the beer garden, yet hardly a peep ever comes out of there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I was quite happy to see 104 / 105 making noise, more so astounded...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    Today was an improvement over the home opener. First of all, Workie and Zack did a good job, especially Workie. What set him apart, in my opinion, was his willingness to feed off of the crowd. There were numerous times when something was really starting to build in the section, and Workie caught on very quickly and immediately tried to communicate with Zack. Communication with 113 was the large hurdle that I spoke about last week, as it always seems to be virtually impossible to get everyone united. This week, we saw some improvement. To me, it looks like 112 is beginning to step it up. I saw basically the entire section jumping and chanting at various points during the game. Where the south end must improve, however, is 113. I'm sorry, but outside of the pocket of Usector that always brings it, 113 is absolutely quiet. I don't understand why this is the case.

114 is pretty bad also..but has been since the first season...and unlikely to change anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    Actually I was quite happy to see 104 / 105 making noise, more so astounded...
    It's actually been pretty decent all along. The last couple of games were a definite improvement. Being able to hear NEE across the way helps a lot as well, as we can never hear the main supporters end to feed off.

The sitting thing will mostly likely kill this off though, but those are the rules...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a strike might be in order for 104 / 105 -- No singing, no chants, no clapping, no nothing. Just sitting and watching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i understand why he's confused... isnt he trying to do the exact same thing 127 did? ignore the rules and stand anyways? then after a while the club gives in?

i mean i dont care either way.... im just saying i could understand it.