Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Fiday, Apr.10

TFC lineup poised for a shakeup
    Carver looks at defence as his players prepare to face desperate Dallas
    Daniel Girard

Toronto FC's defence was among the league's worst last season, surrendering 43 goals in 30 games.
    Through three games in 2009, they're on pace to yield even more.
    While coach John Carver yesterday insisted three of the five goals against weren't the result of shoddy defence – two "world-class strikes" in Kansas City and a penalty in Columbus – he acknowledged the pair in last week's 2-0 loss at home to Seattle caused him some concern.

Read More

De Rosario set for soccer, not hype
    By Ryan Johnston
    SPORTSNET.CA

The man known as DeRo is not interested in a do-over. Instead, Toronto FC midfielder Dwayne De Rosario is ready to focus on soccer and not the hype that comes with playing at BMO Field.

"It was a great homecoming for me. The result was not what I wanted, it was not a result anyone wanted, but we have moved on," De Rosario said of the 2-0 home loss to Seattle in his much-anticipated first game in Toronto. "We got it out of the way and now we can relax and concentrate on winning games and not the off-the-field stuff."

Read More

Statement Game
    By Ryan Johnston

All signs at Toronto FC training on Thursday pointed to a confident bunch of players ready to make amends for the dismal loss at BMO Field that opened the 2009 home schedule. The pace was frenetic, the tackles crunched and everyone said the right things about forgiving and forgetting in the wake of a game where distinguishing which team was the expansion club would have been lost to the uninformed.

Read More

Reds coach expects big improvement
    TorontoFC.ca

Toronto FC coach John Carver expects to make changes to the starting line-up for Saturday's clash with FC Dallas at BMO Field (kick off 4:00 p.m. live on CBC). Carver hopes for improvement from his team after last week's defeat against Seattle Sounders FC.
    "One thing is for sure, I am going to be making changes to the side," said Carver. "I'm not going to say what those changes are, but there will be changes in personnel. We've changed a few things and done a lot of work defensively this week. The guys have worked on the back four, rotating the central defenders, and they've worked on being more solid. Hopefully we will see an improvement."

Read More

Different look for TFC
    By LANCE HORNBY, SUN MEDIA

From a win to a draw to being blanked in its home opener, Toronto FC's much-hyped character is about to get its first test.
    Toronto moved from an intense post-mortem of its 2-0 loss to Seattle early this week to full-bore preparation for FC Dallas tomorrow afternoon. That will include a different lineup or at least a re-arranged defence.
    "I won't give it away, but there will be changes in personnel," coach John Carver said yesterday at BMO Field. "We've chopped and changed a few things."

Read More

SUNSHINE
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mornin D!!

One more day!

SSG is alright......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things that make me go hmmmmm..."Faud Ibrahim was used heavily in the first 10 minutes of the scrimmage ... Marvell Wynne was stone-faced after a pair of crunching tackles on Ibrahim."

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Things that make me go hmmmmm..."Faud Ibrahim was used heavily in the first 10 minutes of the scrimmage ... Marvell Wynne was stone-faced after a pair of crunching tackles on Ibrahim."
    Sorry but that avatar of yours is very offensive and should be prohibited on this board.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as always thanks D.

And a happy "Fiday" to you too

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ I understand.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least photoshop his smug ugly head in something embarassing!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)