Please continue your discussion here. I'd prefer if the other thread could die, and if possible be renamed and locked. I'll paste the letter below.

You can direct your questions to the club, and if you really need to single out an individual then let it be me.

Here's Tim's letter:

You are aware that as a result certain journalists in Toronto have characterized TFC fans as ‘hooligans” and being part of a “firm”. You have undoubtedly been made aware that a number of commentators have directly blamed TFC supporters groups like the North End Elite, U Sector and the Red patch Boys for encouraging and not addressing this kind of activity. “Hooligan” and “firm” are terms that some media throw around without apparently understand the true meaning of the words and the serious impact they can have on the reputation of an individual or a group.
You must also be aware that these allegations are for the most part off base. Your own Director of TFC Security stated on a supporters message board this week that “…the behavior of the supporters on Saturday was very good indeed. Other than the throwing of a few cups of beer on the park, during and after the game… it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine that the overwhelming majority of our supporters come to games with one aim on mind, to watch the Reds win a game of football. But it only takes one or two people who throw things onto the park to have everyone tarred with the same brush. I sincerely encourage the atmosphere we have at BMO, but let’s keep all that energy to supporting the boys and not to doing something stupid that will have a long lasting effect on all of us…”

TFC’s own Director of Security states that he is aware that the actions of a few unaffiliated individuals should not be used to characterize all of us as unruly fans or hooligans. On many occasions Supporters Group members have reported having to address from the general public comments and remarks about alleged hooliganism and behavior that implies that what these individuals are reading about in the media must be true. These comments from the general public are based on the distortions and in some cases outright lies that have been published and have gone unchallenged or corrected by your group.

Toronto FC has marketed the club to a large degree based on the atmosphere and game day experience that the Supporters Groups largely contribute to. Yet when these very individuals and groups, so important to the future success of the club, are slandered and labeled as hooligans and members of firms, we hear nothing from you or your staff to attempt to put the record straight.

I think that before these distortions and half truths become even more believed by the general public it is your group’s responsibility to address these press issues in more of a direct manner. As an employee of a company that owes much of its success to the work and dedication of the Supporters Groups that are so passionate about our club, I strongly feel that you owe us more support and effort to proactively set the record straight than what we have seen from your group to this point. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you
Tim Drodge