Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    It wasn't a riddle. some people have too much time on their hands and maybe I shouldn't have put the happy face. Fact is, I have zero idea who the friendly might be with...I'm dealing with too many clubs to mention right now.

As for the horrendous game day experience...are you talking about the lack of heat? the long bathroom lines or the slower than normal concessions?

For the bathroom lines...The place is not built for everyone to go pee at halftime. Every year we have a problem on the first game then people remember the issue and go during the first or second half. The issue (and the solution) is one of educating the consumer. You'll see big improvement next game, and by game 4 the lines will be manageable.

For the concessions...I agree. It wasn't anywhere near acceptable. As the client in the building, I wasn't happy about it and I'm trying to get answers on how it will be improved for next game.
    ....don't drink at the games like you're at a night club.

....eat before you go.

Paul can I have a job? I just solved both issues!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't drink at the game?!?!?! are you insane?!?! i LOVE spending $13 on a single beer!!! because its so expensive you KNOW it has to be the best beer ever right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing is certain:

- others will not like the fact that we have friendly matches.
    Please stop with the useless friendlies. Are they really that important to the average fan? Will the masses cancel their season tickets because Independiente isn't coming to town this year? We aren't the Revs or Wizards, we don't need to be tempted by B-list foreign clubs to buy tickets. Just make the Voyageurs Cup games the bonus games and be done with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul, can you get Sunderland over? Thank you kindly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most of the people attached to supporters groups are not as concerned about the friendlies as the other season ticket holders. Don't get me wrong, it's a great thing that TFC puts in the effort to organize for a friendly, but the risk of losing a player to injury, and burning valuable energy in what is a meaningless game, well, obviously it's not a good thing for our goal - which is to make the play-offs.

But keep up the great work, Paul. You'll no doubt continue to not be able to please everything on every single issue. That's part of having a top job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hearing both sides - "stop the friendlies because they're a waste", and "boo hoo, did you see who team X got for their friendly, why can't we get teams like that?" (I'm paraphrasing of course).

I like the friendlies because it's not only a chance to see how we rate against our foreign counterparts, but it allows fans to see teams that they otherwise might not be able to. I'd love to see the 'gers at BMO because I know that my chances of getting to Scotland for a game are looking pretty slim over the next few years.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd just be happy knowing when it's going to be so I can make plans.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

It wasn't a riddle. some people have too much time on their hands and maybe I shouldn't have put the happy face. Fact is, I have zero idea who the friendly might be with...I'm dealing with too many clubs to mention right now.

As for the horrendous game day experience...are you talking about the lack of heat? the long bathroom lines or the slower than normal concessions?

For the bathroom lines...The place is not built for everyone to go pee at halftime. Every year we have a problem on the first game then people remember the issue and go during the first or second half. The issue (and the solution) is one of educating the consumer. You'll see big improvement next game, and by game 4 the lines will be manageable.

For the concessions...I agree. It wasn't anywhere near acceptable. As the client in the building, I wasn't happy about it and I'm trying to get answers on how it will be improved for next game.
    Look i don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, because i appreciate everything that you do...

That being said, your answer/solution is pretty much non existent, you're pretty much saying "we are going to EDUCATE you"??? On what? How to line up, when to use the washroom and when not too??

The line-ups are HORRIBLE both washroom and Concession...and yes your right it is the same story year over year....So why can't "we" fix it??? "If you build it they will come"

End rant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rolled up newspapers folks, it's an old terrace trick..:-)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Look i don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, because i appreciate everything that you do...

That being said, your answer/solution is pretty much non existent, you're pretty much saying "we are going to EDUCATE you"??? On what? How to line up, when to use the washroom and when not too??

The line-ups are HORRIBLE both washroom and Concession...and yes your right it is the same story year over year....So why can't "we" fix it??? "If you build it they will come"

End rant.
    TFC/MLSE is a tennant. BMO Field makes the decision on upgrades, so please make sure you're addressing the right person with your issues.
    Paul is as incovenienced by the situation as the rest of us.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand the complaints about the bathroom lines... ever been to a leafs game? It's simply not economically practical to build enough bathrooms to service 20,000 people in 5 minutes, 18 times a year (there are rarely significant lines before and after a game)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    TFC/MLSE is a tennant. BMO Field makes the decision on upgrades, so please make sure you're addressing the right person with your issues.
    Paul is as incovenienced by the situation as the rest of us.
    God you're out to lunch on this one.
    MLSE manages the facility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Independiente and Pachuca are known teams, but I had never heard of them before the friendlies last year.... and I'm guessing I wasn't the only one.... so it was a little disappointing for me.

The one team I see people talking about that makes sense to me is Rangers. I've seen Celtic before and I'd love to be able to see Rangers. Especially TFC thumping them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I don't understand the complaints about the bathroom lines... ever been to a leafs game? It's simply not economically practical to build enough bathrooms to service 20,000 people in 5 minutes, 18 times a year (there are rarely significant lines before and after a game)
    Yes. I go to both Leafs games and Raptor games all the time. I never wait for washroom lines in the ACC as COMPARED(key word) to BMO Field.

Have you never waited for ridiculous amounts of time at BMO Field???

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Have you never waited for ridiculous amounts of time at BMO Field???
    Not significantly longer than at a leafs game... Although I do think it varies in different parts of the stadium. maybe distribution is the problem... Anyway, how about them international friendlies?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The place is not built for everyone to go pee at halftime. Every year we have a problem on the first game then people remember the issue and go during the first or second half. "

I have to say, i was puzzled by this statement. I thought this was a purpose built football stadium, footie fans drink beer, and the only break in a football game is half time - hence, everyone goes pee at halftime (unless you want to miss part of the game, which most football supporters really dont want to do given the risk you will miss a goal). I guess the answer really, is that the people that built the stadium really didnt understand football, and based it on their rounders experience.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pubboy View Post
    "The place is not built for everyone to go pee at halftime. Every year we have a problem on the first game then people remember the issue and go during the first or second half. "

I have to say, i was puzzled by this statement. I thought this was a purpose built football stadium, footie fans drink beer, and the only break in a football game is half time - hence, everyone goes pee at halftime (unless you want to miss part of the game, which most football supporters really dont want to do given the risk you will miss a goal). I guess the answer really, is that the people that built the stadium really didnt understand football, and based it on their rounders experience.
    (Would more likely be based on hockey or basketball experience.)

Out of curiousity (since I genuinely don't know), how do the English stadiums differ? Do they have larger concession and washroom areas to handle the 15 minute crush, and how many more washrooms/urinals would it take BMO to get to a comparable level?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I one all for Millwall, QPR, Preston NE, West Brom etc, one of Danny D's former clubs, a great way celebrate the final season of this TFC legend.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post

Out of curiousity (since I genuinely don't know), how do the English stadiums differ? Do they have larger concession and washroom areas to handle the 15 minute crush, and how many more washrooms/urinals would it take BMO to get to a comparable level?
    The new Wembley has troughs because they realized that they needed to get 90K people through in 15 mins.

Alsothey have special beer taps (like Emirates) that can pour ridiculously fast pints.
    Another summer of hope!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Troughs are the only way to go if you want to get people in and out of the pisser as fast as possibly.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Troughs are the only way to go if you want to get people in and out of the pisser as fast as possibly.

Agreed - I said the same after last year's home opener. I don't remember lineups at the Gardens.

Someone refresh my memory - are there partitions between urinals at BMO? There's another waste of space. Rip out the singles & partitions, put in one big trough, and keep maybe 3 partitioned urinals for shy folks with lots of time to wait.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having been to Emirates, actually twice in one week back in Feb. of this year I will say they can pour a fast beer.

On the subject of the friendly does it really matter what team they play, would the FO really take a beating if they did play a Championship side etc. 16,000 + tickets have been sold. Everyone on this board has their club for the most part that they support outside of TFC, so if is not that exact club or two, it won't matter, but in my mind all that really matters is that the Reds are on the pitch that evening.

With the 24 man roster, yes we only have 23 on it right now, you are bound to see some of the starters, we really do not have reserves anymore with no league for them to play in, now that is a subject for another day, and the smaller roster.
    The most glaring example of a starter being hurt in one of these things in Ronnie O'Brien so that could be an issue, but in the end just enjoy it for what it is and cheer on those Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    yeah but they have a hell of a hard time selling those types of teams instead of a top Euro club....look at the thousands of empty seats vs Independiente...UNSOLD...
    Independiente is pretty crap compared to Boca or River. I agree it would probably still be hard to sell those games, but they have way more fans worldwide then Independiente. I would love to see River

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone refresh my memory - are there partitions between urinals at BMO? There's another waste of space. Rip out the singles & partitions, put in one big trough, and keep maybe 3 partitioned urinals for shy folks with lots of time to wait.
    why do you want to do away with partitions? I hate urinals without them.
    I don't want to see some other guys cock in my peripheral vision.
    Troughs are sickening. I'd rather wait than piss in one of those medieval things.

Despite the long lines, I got in and out pretty fast the last game. Now, if you wanna go get beer, and then hot dogs, and take a piss, it's a big problem. But the pissing part goes pretty quickly if you leave your seats at the whistle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you think TFC would draw if they played a friendly against say a local university team at their stadium. The Fire last night played a friendly for charity last night against the University of Illinois-Chicago. Do you think you could sell out the Varsity Centre, which seats about 5,000 at $10-15 a ticket. It would be done for charity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously, the piss trough talk has to go.

NAY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Question here

I was in line and needed to do a number two, I was the forth person back and seen a stall open. No one in line in front of me was going for it. So I did, my assumption was they were leaving it for some one that needed it. Me. After getting in the stall I heard some one make a smart ass remark about me jumping the line. Is there some rule I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somebody shat in a urinal last season.... maybe there is some rule that you wait in line and do your number in the next available spot.

i'm guessing someone wanted to wee wee there but didn't notice until you closed the door. don't worry about it, next time yell that you were crowning or something, that will shut them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the complaining about P'ing. Wear a Diaper.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concessions suck as much (if not more) than TFC. It's much more limited over there (at least at Coventry) - basically you can get pie and chips (fries), crisps (chips), chocolate, and beer. There are more washrooms, and as someone else mentioned, they use troughs so people squeeze in - fit more people in. Also, most guys dont wash their hands after peeing over there, so they're in and out quicker (NOT recommending this !!!). Basically, more bathrooms and troughs.