Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not posting this to have a go at anyone here and I'm certainly not looking to wind anyone up either. I'm pee-ooo'd at being labeled/branded with that narrow minded media brush too.

Ya it's a double standard.

So do something about it, but stop the whining.

The soccer community has proven that it can take swift action and mobilize with a united front.

So call the media out.

Stop buying papers; stop clicking the links; stop watching the poker channels; start sending emails to the advertisers, let them know that their choice of advertising is costing them your money that you won't spend on their products/services.

Boycott the media - boycott the advertisers - PIZZA PIZZA, Mr Sub or Moore's or where ever. Pick a media outlet - organize a protest demonstration.
    i.e. Rogers owns Sportsnet - dump anything/everything related to Rogers. Cell, internet, local video store, change cable providers, whatever, but let them know that their "media personalities" sh!tting all over football has to end.

FACT: FOOTBALL is the NUMBER 1 participation sport in Canada! Not hockey; Not baseball ....
    FACT: Because of the self indulgent politics and ineptitude of local, regional and national football administrators, Football is nothing more than a niche sport here in Canada.

I'm not wrong here!

And it's not the media's fault that football is confined to niche market status.

It's the indifference and lack of action by a collective and unified football population that is at fault.

You can't just support TFC and expect credability.

More people need to get involved in youth and grassroots football and help it grow out of the niche market and into the mainstream market.

And in case you haven't noticed, the CSA isn't capable of this - and since majority of us are here in Ontario - neither is the OSA. And lets acknowledge that its the CSA/OSA bureaucrats that should shoulder the blame for the game's lack of mainstream development and growth over the past 20+ years. The leadership just isn't there.

Face it, change will only occur from the bottom up. All it takes is for each of us to take action and spread the word.

But lets stop the whining about the media; it is what it is until there's reason for change.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    I'm not posting this to have a go at anyone here and I'm certainly not looking to wind anyone up either. I'm pee-ooo'd at being labeled/branded with that narrow minded media brush too.

Ya it's a double standard.

So do something about it, but stop the whining.

The soccer community has proven that it can take swift action and mobilize with a united front.

So call the media out.

Stop buying papers; stop clicking the links; stop watching the poker channels; start sending emails to the advertisers, let them know that their choice of advertising is costing them your money that you won't spend on their products/services.

Boycott the media - boycott the advertisers - PIZZA PIZZA, Mr Sub or Moore's or where ever. Pick a media outlet - organize a protest demonstration.
    i.e. Rogers owns Sportsnet - dump anything/everything related to Rogers. Cell, internet, local video store, change cable providers, whatever, but let them know that their "media personalities" sh!tting all over football has to end.

FACT: FOOTBALL is the NUMBER 1 participation sport in Canada! Not hockey; Not baseball ....
    FACT: Because of the self indulgent politics and ineptitude of local, regional and national football administrators, Football is nothing more than a niche sport here in Canada.

I'm not wrong here!

And it's not the media's fault that football is confined to niche market status.

It's the indifference and lack of action by a collective and unified football population that is at fault.

You can't just support TFC and expect credability.

More people need to get involved in youth and grassroots football and help it grow out of the niche market and into the mainstream market.

And in case you haven't noticed, the CSA isn't capable of this - and since majority of us are here in Ontario - neither is the OSA. And lets acknowledge that its the CSA/OSA bureaucrats that should shoulder the blame for the game's lack of mainstream development and growth over the past 20+ years. The leadership just isn't there.

Face it, change will only occur from the bottom up. All it takes is for each of us to take action and spread the word.

But lets stop the whining about the media; it is what it is until there's reason for change.
    +1 i have been preaching this for quite some time. But good luck getting anyone to listen here. They are all talk. In the end most of the people on here go back to there day jobs and families and people like you and me just get more frustrated and go on long rants like the one above^. HM so i say, fuck em

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck who ,Media or OSA/CSA ?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Fuck who ,Media or OSA/CSA ?
    There's a difference....????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandUpIfYouHateChelsea View Post
    +1 i have been preaching this for quite some time. But good luck getting anyone to listen here. They are all talk. In the end most of the people on here go back to there day jobs and families and people like you and me just get more frustrated and go on long rants like the one above^. HM so i say, fuck em

Gotta start somewhere.

I do ok without Rogers services or products - had fun cancelling and terminating the services to. Was offered 3 free months of internet access to not cancel.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, while the universe is so beautifully unique, it is also mind numbingly predictable.

Hey, give credit to anyone willing to eat a bit of crow today (ie: hogan) - the ones who were genuine in their unhappiness with what happens with beer fueled fans will develop a balance in their view.

To TFC supporters - Karma is a beautiful thing.

HEY KELLY

People are people

And doesn't that just piss you off............the cakers let you down last night

Time to end your little emulation of John Stewart Mill in the press. You're too self centered to add anything to the conversation.

Time to go, I'm off to play an extremely entertaining game of pushpin - sorry, I'll be missing the opera this week.

Kelly, PS - sorry, music lyric warnings have already been done

B

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vocalizing our disatisfaction is exactly what results in action. When people realize there are others who feel the same way, they are more likely to coordinate and take action.

So in other words, without the "whining" there is no "mobilization".

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want people to shut up, then don't expect any action to be taken. We either take it sitting down or we stand up for ourselves. Standing up includes verbalizing our disatisfaction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Standing up includes verbalizing our disatisfaction.
    You're correct.

But continuing to speak and not act = whining.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.

But believe me, there is action happening. Sometimes it's just not obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that bowtie guy on CP24 was talking to ICE COLD BEER guy a few minutes ago.... they'll be on again.

i just caught the end of it, but ice cold beer guy was saying "how do we know it was beer that caused it?" which is true, but the likeliness that it wasn't tied to alcohol isn't very.

"soccer" was mentioned but they didn't go anywhere with that discussion as of yet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Willllllll! Represent!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're correct.

But continuing to speak and not act = whining.

Its only been 14 hours since the end of the game, lets be realistic about timelines, actions and the information flow of what really happened.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they're on CP24 again.

talking about soccer now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    that bowtie guy on CP24 was talking to ICE COLD BEER guy a few minutes ago.... they'll be on again.

i just caught the end of it, but ice cold beer guy was saying "how do we know it was beer that caused it?" which is true, but the likeliness that it wasn't tied to alcohol isn't very.

"soccer" was mentioned but they didn't go anywhere with that discussion as of yet.
    I think it is truly wonderful and progressive that they give the bowtie guy his own show. I mean, I can't recall a single instance of a guy with Down's Syndrome having his own show since Corky went off the air, and this guy is MUCH more afflicted than Corky. Good for CP24. They ought to win an award for their bravery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you just made my day.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post

Its hilarious that people still attempt to fight in public places like that.
    They have no idea how stupid they look.
    I think the guy in the "Belfour" Jersey is even funnier... considering that the game was played a few weeks ago.

And I would really like to know when Jays games became 'the thing to do' for young, testosterone fueled, drunken imbeciles.
    Sadly, I think there is a correlation between the cost of admission and the actions of some fans.

What's a 500 level ticket worth? $5.

You generally don't see people chucking knuckles in the $210, "In the Action" seats.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone I know at the Jays game last night commented that up in the 500s, that there seemed to be an oversupply of vendors in the stands selling beer - and frustratingly none carrying food ... as if they were trying to make up for the money they would be losing from tonight's dry night!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The other thing that society needs to do is accept some facts.

- the majority of people attending live sporting events are under 35 and male
    - the majority of violent crimes committed in our society are by males under 30

This stuff is going to happen. It doesn't excuse it but to paint it as new or unique to a certain sport is ridiculous.

The 1955 Riot in Montreal after Maurice Richard was suspended wasn't the first one. The 2008 Riot last year in Montreal won't be the last one.

Are all hockey fans idiots? No. Vast majority are there for the game and can keep their passions in check.

Were there idiots that started the riot? Yep. Focus on them. Punish them.

... and get ready to punish the next group that wins a championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to use this thread to bash one of my favourite, largest and most-deserving targets: Rob "Cheeseburger" Ford.

Anyone else remember when Cheeseburger went to a Leafs game a few years ago and got hammered and then started screaming and trying to fight people around him and was ultimately tossed by ACC security, and the next day he lied to the media and said he wasn't at the game until he was confronted with some of his business cards that he had given out to the various people he was trying to beat up (none of whom, that night, apparently, were his wife)?

I can't help but think that if a footy-minded councillor had done the same thing at a TFC game the media would have treated it as another sign that football breeds hooligans.

Yes, yes ... I know it was a bit of s t r e t c h, but it is ostensibly on topic and surely fair comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would never happen. Rob Ford is a Crew fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Someone I know at the Jays game last night commented that up in the 500s, that there seemed to be an oversupply of vendors in the stands selling beer - and frustratingly none carrying food ... as if they were trying to make up for the money they would be losing from tonight's dry night!
    not where i was. i didn't see one single beer guy the whole game. the lineups were crazy.

actually i didn't see any vendors in the sections around me.

i saw a few in the 500 level seats behind home plate, but most were down in the 100s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    not where i was. i didn't see one single beer guy the whole game. the lineups were crazy.
    Oh well, all the best conspiracies can normally be explained by simple incompetence. Opening night newbies ... hmm, where have we seen that before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I have to ask (and maybe it has already been answered - sorry, if I missed it), did they give you shit because you were a "TFC hooligan" or because you were wearing a TFC jersey to a Blue Jays game? I'm pretty sure that people wearing Blue Jays jerseys to a TFC match would be heckled too.
    Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    im interested to hear what was said to you, specifically
    Apart from 1 guy yelling "Hooligan!!!" from across the concourse, most people were saying "BMO is down the street, get the hell outta here!" and stuff like that. Really didnt bother me, and most were just joking (i think lol). I did see a lot of tfc fans though, so that was great.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you like my comment in today's Jays star article?

I don't feel safe taking my kids to a Blue Jays game

All this violent behaviour, I don't want to take my child into that environment, who knows what will happen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Sadly, I think there is a correlation between the cost of admission and the actions of some fans.

What's a 500 level ticket worth? $5.

You generally don't see people chucking knuckles in the $210, "In the Action" seats.
    Ya, but Jays tickets in the 500 level didnt just become cheap in the last couple years. Theyve always been inexpensive.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuliCosmicum View Post
    I think it is truly wonderful and progressive that they give the bowtie guy his own show. I mean, I can't recall a single instance of a guy with Down's Syndrome having his own show since Corky went off the air, and this guy is MUCH more afflicted than Corky. Good for CP24. They ought to win an award for their bravery.
    Is this a joke?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who is toronto fc media intren email

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tttttttiiiiiimmmmmmm90!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapido View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Yes, Stephen LeDrew is pretty much a walking (semi) talking punchline, but only to those inexperienced enough with Down's Syndrome to not recognize its varied manifestations. To us select few who recognize the tremendous challenges he has overcome, he is truly a hero.