RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today’s News, Tuesday , Apr.07

Toronto FC's Robinson OK with international retirement

Carl Robinson is a proud and dedicated Welshman.
    Whenever the manager of Wales' national team called him up for international duty — whether it be a World Cup qualifying game or a friendly — Robinson always made it a point to be there.
    So you can imagine how hard it was for the Toronto FC midfielder to announce his international retirement last week following Wales' 2-0 loss to Germany in Cardiff, a result that all but officially ended the country's hopes of qualifying for the 2010 World Cup.

Read More

Cummins pleased with players' response
    Toronto FC trained at BMO Field on Monday

Toronto FC assistant coach Chris Cummins was happy with the players' response in training at BMO Field Monday as preparations began for Saturday's clash with FC Dallas.
    Cummins expects the players to learn from the home opener loss to Seattle Sounders FC and now put it behind them.
    "The mood was good," he said. "We're disappointed from the weekend because we wanted to put on a good performance and get a good result. What happened out there hurts us as much as it hurts the supporters but we can't dwell on what happened and let it affect us during the week."

Read More

TFC Academy beats AC Milan 3-0
    Reds remain unbeaten after two games at Dallas Cup

TFC Academy's Senior Team beat Italian giants AC Milan 3-0 in the Dallas Cup Super Group on Monday. The Reds remain unbeaten after two group games at the tournament having opened with a 1-1 tie against Tigres of Mexico on Sunday with a late equalizer from Andre Verdugo. TFC Academy's final match of the group stage is on Wednesday against Manchester City.

Read More

SUNSHINE
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning D.....SSG seems to have a little too much collagen loaded in her lips...just looks odd!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

MUFC_Niagara

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/M...033201-cp.html

Tigers manager Leyland takes actions of rowdy Jays fans in stride

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

....I know, not TFC news but indirectly related right?

MUFC_Niagara

Anderson said he was glad to leave the field after the incident and called the act by the fans who threw the baseballs "disrespectful."
    "The first one hit pretty close and I told the umpire and he said he would tell security," Anderson said. "A couple of minutes later another one hit. Both were pretty close. I didn't think too much about it after the first one. It's a baseball and if it hits you on the head it could do some damage if it was thrown from the upper deck. The second one I said 'That's enough."'
    Anderson said it was a first for him. "I've never had anything thrown at me before," he said. "I've seen plastic bottles or a beach ball or something like that but never a baseball. I think it's disrespectful. I understand that sometimes at a ballgame people can get out of control. But to be throwing a baseball at somebody, well what's the intention there?" The chanting from the stands is one thing, he said, and part of the game.

....but according to Cathal wasn't it un-Canadian to sing and chant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, hooligans at a Jays game....HOO - LI - GANS.......what is this world coming too? Kelly? Where are ya?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as we're proven right that people have some sort of problem with football and labeling us hooligans while the baseball incident has gotten very little attention so far, I prefer to focus on the fact that our academy just beat the AC Milan U-18s. Well done!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC Milan?? Wow! I undersand that they are just youngsters but our opponents are bwing groomed for one of the biggest leagues in the world with budget galore and a well establishe infrastructure that spans decades. Hats off to the lads. The coaching staff and everyone around the club.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    AC Milan?? Wow! I undersand that they are just youngsters but our opponents are bwing groomed for one of the biggest leagues in the world with budget galore and a well establishe infrastructure that spans decades. Hats off to the lads. The coaching staff and everyone around the club.
    This all sounds great, but what are the MLS rules as far as drafting is concerned? Wouldn't all our young talent just go into an MLS drafting pool for anyone to grab - or do we have first dibs on our own talent?

I think I remember reading about this once, but I forget the details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning D! Where is the baseball hooligans article. Just another sweep under the rug by the Toronto media. This is a huge sign that the Toronto media has something for soccer in this country. This is the kind of news coverage I would expect to see watch Fox News. Discrace.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORNIN ALL
    yes good on the academy well done
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't if they were U-12. Toronto beats AC MILAN.

HA!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alright, fess up...who were the TFC fans who threw baseballs at the players last night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great for the academy team.. atleast theres a team that can put together a win against tough opponents. sorry guys im still alittle peeved about saturday... Still looking forward to home opener number 2 on saturday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSG's face looks like a bag of smashed assholes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    wow, hooligans at a Jays game....HOO - LI - GANS.......what is this world coming too? Kelly? Where are ya?
    Haha, actually (hate to ruin the mood here) but I was watching the news last night at 11 (City maybe?) and the person talking about the incident actually used the words "Baseball hooligans". I found it quite amusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Difference is they say that in a funny/cute/ironic way when talking about baseball
    Last edited by Pigfynn; 04-07-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    ^^Difference is they say that in a funny/cute/ironic way when talikng about baseball

Exactly.

Baseball hooligans = couple of drunks, nobody is worried

Soccer hooligans = the world is going to end and mass city wide riots WILL ERUPT!!!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coed girl

good on the young one's at the Dallas Cup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Alright, fess up...who were the TFC fans who threw baseballs at the players last night?
    Bunch of TOSSERS, I'm surprised the media did'nt blame TFC supporters.