Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tactical consistency

Anyone else wondering why we didn't stick with the formation that won at KC, with DeRo playing as a forward right behind a loan striker?

He caused all sorts of problems in that game but has been essentially silent since moving wide.

Given that Barrett isn't up to starting right now, maybe we should pair DeRo with Vitti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very good point, i think we could see it this weekend, seeing how kc is brutal in the back and, has some quality upfront.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Anyone else wondering why we didn't stick with the formation that won at KC, with DeRo playing as a forward right behind a loan striker?

He caused all sorts of problems in that game but has been essentially silent since moving wide.

Given that Barrett isn't up to starting right now, maybe we should pair DeRo with Vitti.
    That is what I want to see!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti and DeRo would work well together but I still like having DeRo in the midfield.

I agree DeRo out wide has had little success to date, but in Saturday's game there was little support for any player making a run down the wing. If he had players in support he could move the ball to after taking the ball wide and into the attacking thrid of the field we would have more success.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think a 4-4-1-1 would be fine.

The team in KC looked dangerous with their passing game and I noticed a lot more play with the ball on the deck (though still not as much as I'd like)

I think getting Barrett off to the bench and trying DeRo up there would be a good idea. He certainly looked much more dangerous in KC than he has since and we all saw what happened with Amado that game. Perhaps the key is to move DeRo forward and allow both him and Amado some room that they don't have when they're in the midfield together.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to respectfully disagree i think we don't have the players to do something like that, I think Ricketts is the player that has been the least impressive so far he should be taken out not Barrett, plus a 4-4-1-1 with Dero not one of the midfield? that's a tad scary i prefer that dero play in the midfield, it makes us much stronger even if it does weaken his ability

Registered
    NW corner of Hwy #48 & Queensville Sdrd Mount Albert
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent observation.

I wonder why Carver changed it for this past game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think a 4-4-1-1 would be fine.

The team in KC looked dangerous with their passing game and I noticed a lot more play with the ball on the deck (though still not as much as I'd like)

I think getting Barrett off to the bench and trying DeRo up there would be a good idea. He certainly looked much more dangerous in KC than he has since and we all saw what happened with Amado that game. Perhaps the key is to move DeRo forward and allow both him and Amado some room that they don't have when they're in the midfield together.
    Do you mean with DeRo as the up front striker with Vitti behind him? Who would be your midfield with this formation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jloome

I'm not so sure that its as easy as switching back to the tactical formation of having DeRo play in behind a loan striker is gonna automatically win us games. I honestly don't think tactics was even remotely part of the loss on Saturday.

There are sooooo many other basics that need to be covered/addressed first...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He means this:

--------------------------Frei/Sutton-----------------------------

Wynne-------------Serioux-----------Pylon--------------Brennan-

----------------------------Robbo-------------------------------

Cronin----------------------Guevara---------------------Ricketts

-----------------------------------DeRo------------------------

----------------------Vitti--------------------------------------

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    He means this:

Is that the new CB I keep hearing about?? .. sucks about his name

I like that formation. Brings DeRo inside ... he can use his ability to run at players with the ball much better from there. Robinson in front of the D is a must for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a really outlandish idea.

Why dont we start the man who has scored the most goals for us, has a great finish, brings confidence to the team, draws opposing defenders away from our poachers, can score with his head, off the volley, slot them in along the deck, and chip the goalie ?

I'm starting to think Carver has a dislike for Danny Dichio, if he doesn't start next week I'll know it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Here's a really outlandish idea.

Why dont we start the man who has scored the most goals for us, has a great finish, brings confidence to the team, draws opposing defenders away from our poachers, can score with his head, off the volley, slot them in along the deck, and chip the goalie ?

I'm starting to think Carver has a dislike for Danny Dichio, if he doesn't start next week I'll know it.
    It would be a good idea. I just don't know if Danny can go 90 minutes.....maybe 45 minutes at most. Maybe that's why he isn't starting.....that is my opinion, but what do I know. Same with others on here, we can't say start DD when we don't know his conditioning, and whether or not he can handle playing a full game.
    Last edited by Nuvinho; 04-06-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

He means this:

That's exactly the formation I will put against Dallas is I was JC.
    I will even go the distance and give Smith a starting chance over Ricketts and if he fuckup, at least we have Ricketts in the bench.
    I guess Ricketts is playing with no fear of losing his starting position that's why he is becoming lousy.
    Last Saturday I was so mad to see him becoming so predictible when he has the ball. He only have one move when he take the defenders and now every defender in the league know his play and they take the ball from him so easy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want tactical consistency of passing game with Barrett and Vitti up front, and long ball only when Danny D is up front

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and less of Harmse and Brennan hoofing the ball up field everytime they get the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be a good idea. I just don't know if Danny can go 90 minutes.....maybe 45 minutes at most. Maybe that's why he isn't starting.....that is my opinion, but what do I know. Same with others on here, we can't say start DD when we don't know his conditioning, and whether or not he can handle playing a full game.
    Yeah with respect, What DO you know, when it comes to how long a perfectly healthy football player can remain on the pitch?

How do you even formulate an opinion on that without some information? Don't tell me it's because Danny said 'his legs arent what they used to be'

I'll bet Schelotto's aren't either.

If he's only good for 45 minutes he should be off the squad!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah with respect, What DO you know, when it comes to how long a perfectly healthy football player can remain on the pitch?

How do you even formulate an opinion on that without some information? Don't tell me it's because Danny said 'his legs arent what they used to be'

I will admit, I don't know, I am just speculating......but what DO you know, since you feel that DD can go 90 minutes? Do you have inside information?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure Danny could go 60-65 mins, no problem....and that's long enough. Then put Barrett on to run around like crazy for a half hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will admit, I don't know, I am just speculating......but what DO you know, since you feel that DD can go 90 minutes? Do you have inside information?
    He's getting paid. That's my inside information. If he can only go 45 minutes, he should be getting disability allowance.

The depth issue in MLS doesn't give us the luxury to have players who cant play.

If he's on the squad he has to be good for it, or he should go now.

Anyway, it's absolutely normal to sub your striker after sixty to seventy minutes, even if he's on the verge of a hat trick. It happens to much younger strikers all over the world every week. I don't think I can remember Michael Owen playing the full 90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next game, would you start DD and Vitti against a backline of Moor and John/Purdy?

DD would probably be covered by the inexperienced John

Vitti probably has better footspeed than Moor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Exiled, DD should get the start this week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want the 4-3-3 we saw last game

------------Sutton---------
    Wynne---Velez---Serioux---Brennan
    Cronin------Guevara------Robbo---
    Vitti--------DeRo---------Dichio

Suboff Dichio for Barrett and if necessary put Ricketts on or Smith on later on in the game. Also we will have Harmse if Robbo or Cronin go down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Oss, I mean what Kristian Jack said on the Footy Show Podcast this week is absolutely true, we don't really have any effective wingers, we should be keeping it in the middle of the park with a 4-3-3

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I want the 4-3-3 we saw last game

------------Sutton---------
    Wynne---Velez---Serioux---Brennan
    Cronin------Guevara------Robbo---
    Vitti--------DeRo---------Dichio

Suboff Dichio for Barrett and if necessary put Ricketts on or Smith on later on in the game. Also we will have Harmse if Robbo or Cronin go down.
    More like

---------------Sutton
    Wynne----Velez----Serioux----Brennan
    --------------Robinson
    --------Cronin-------Guevara
    ----Vitti----------------De Rosario
    --------------Dichio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio should definitely be starting, paired with Vitti or alone up front

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    More like

---------------Sutton
    Wynne----Velez----Serioux----Brennan
    --------------Robinson
    --------Cronin-------Guevara
    ----Vitti----------------De Rosario
    --------------Dichio
    Yah, that's ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    That's exactly the formation I will put against Dallas is I was JC.
    I will even go the distance and give Smith a starting chance over Ricketts and if he fuckup, at least we have Ricketts in the bench.
    I guess Ricketts is playing with no fear of losing his starting position that's why he is becoming lousy.
    Last Saturday I was so mad to see him becoming so predictible when he has the ball. He only have one move when he take the defenders and now every defender in the league know his play and they take the ball from him so easy.
    That really REALLY reminds me of someone... oh yea... Jo Smith

Believe it or not we seem to be short on decent wingers... who woulda thought.. I hope Ricketts gets his act together soon... because the thought of Jo Smith doing those stepovers and knocking the ball with his left foot and chasing after it for a whole game frightens me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As terrible as Smith is there is something about him on the left and wynne on the right that gets me hard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This "DD can't go 90 minutes" mullarkey drives me ninsane. It was started by Mo and Carver late last season, who were laying the groundwork for cutting Danny's salary. Danny's a true champ, so he toes the party line.

Dichio is injury prone, but it's NOT the same thing as an inability to go 90.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”