Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I was impressed with you guys - from the back of 224 you were loud and repeatedly gave Ljunberg the business. Nice job.
    Giving him the business? LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    117, the only way the South West corner can get better is if people will allow themselves to cooperate with each other.

If people just want to do their own thing, that's their right and choice. But there must be the realization that it will never even come close to being what the South East corner looks and sounds like without a willingness to work together.

I am not sure that willingness exists in 117/118.

i agree but has anyone tried to unite 117/118. I think I can influence the front Rock chanters. Roogsy where do you sit as I would like to say hi as I see you on the boards quite often

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 118, row 14. Couple of comments:

the TRN drums were pretty accommodating on Saturday. I will never be a fan of them, but they died down when chants did get going and when it had all gone a bit quiet they started up with some moderate noise, nothing too excessive like in previous years. this really helped because a few times chants spread from east to west along the south side and we were able to join in.

also, the capo in front of 117 I could hear pretty well. he did a pretty good job all things considered. i'm not going to argue about which sections need/deserve a capo more, but i will say that it had a good effect on a part of the south end which doesn;t normally synch with the rest of the SS. Can we not look into getting four or five capos stationed along the south end so we can all benefit from them? why does it only have to be 2? just curious.

finally, the wind/weather and the lack of anything much to cheer about made it a difficult start to the season as far as chanting and gettign in synch goes. if the capo in front of 117 was there for the next few home games, i think there will be a steady improvement on the impact he had. get rid of the wind, get more people out in a better mood, get them used to how the capo works and following along and all of a sudden the difference could be significant.

just my 2 cents...
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BTW, since I'm speaking about the back of 224, and by extension 225, how about leaving out the 'PART TIME SUPPORTERS' chant and instead singing for the team on the field ?

I was chanting against the ref, for the reds and at Drew Carey - albeit alone mostly - throughout much of the game and even during extra time, when all appeared hopeless, and rather than support for the team all I can hear is 'PART TIME SUPPORTERS' being directed at whoever attempted on getting a jump on getting out of BMO.

Fuck it - leave it out - this doesn't make you cool or funny - sing for the team, sing for the game, sing against the other team's fans, but do better than this.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117, the only way the South West corner can get better is if people will allow themselves to cooperate with each other.

If people just want to do their own thing, that's their right and choice. But there must be the realization that it will never even come close to being what the South East corner looks and sounds like without a willingness to work together.

I am not sure that willingness exists in 117/118.
    I agree. But for a small group of us in the first 4 or 5 rows, most people just don't seem that interested in joining in. People have to want to cooperate for anything to change. If we can get the "rock" chanters on the same page and coordinate with the group in 116 we may be able to make some positive strides.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    i agree but has anyone tried to unite 117/118. I think I can influence the front Rock chanters. Roogsy where do you sit as I would like to say hi as I see you on the boards quite often
    in fairness i don't think anyone has really tried to unite 117/118. TRN have been a big pain in the ass in the past, but were prtty manageable on Sat. They seem a lot more open to unifying the SW corner/south end this season (I signed up for their e-mail updates and they seem to be making an effort on this front for season 3).

I'm in for helping out with this. The front half of 118 has a lot of chanters in it, a lot of people who will follow along if they have someone leadnig them, but they need a spark. if the front of 117 and 118 get it going together, there's a match waiting to be lit there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! These days I am in 112. If there is something we can do, I will gladly sit (stand) in my 118 seats and help the cause. But if previous history is any indication, the only thing that will happen is we will be told to "fuck off". And those will be the nice comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post

also, the capo in front of 117 I could hear pretty well. he did a pretty good job all things considered. i'm not going to argue about which sections need/deserve a capo more, but i will say that it had a good effect on a part of the south end which doesn;t normally synch with the rest of the SS. Can we not look into getting four or five capos stationed along the south end so we can all benefit from them? why does it only have to be 2? just curious.
    Agreed they need to spread across the whole south end and they all should be on the same page

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a survey of the 2 sections? A poll prior to the game to find out if people want to be coordinated or just left alone?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    Good to hear I was actually impressed by 104 as I was expecting to walk into a library but surprisingly it wasn't.

I do believe the consistent stream of beer guys ensured the sections would stay loud all game. Even though they were quite wasteful when pouring. Feel bad for the guy and girl in Row 19 that kept getting spilled on.

Now if only 104 and 105 can somehow time their chants and sing something more then When the Red's go marching in we'll be in for a heck of a season. I'm just curious to see how the rotation of partial pack'rs affects the areas. For example I know the few folks around me that I talked to won't be back until May but I'll be back for FCD except one more row up.
    I sat in a buddies seat in 105, row 10. I thought there was so much potential with the people in 104 and 105. The guys in 104 that were closer to the pitch were awesome. But as soon as they tried to start something, guys in 104 would drown them out with "oh when the reds" or "this is our house." I tried for the life of me to follow 127 and couldn't keep up over the guys a few rows above me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya the guys in the lower 104 were great just the wind made it impossible to hear them towards the middle so what would happen is the top of 104/105 would start something and those of us in the middle were caught between two songs.

However a few times things came together and both sections sounded pretty good...trusty ole Referee is a wanker and Danny Dichio. Hopefully with calmer weather things work out a bit better and it would be nice to get more of the folks together. Row 20 in 105/104 were standing all the way up and it was nice to see people offer their seats up in case someone wanted to sit.

It's going to be important to get everyone together before we actually have visitor's..I don't feel like getting drowned out by Impact fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys are looking for some more help....I can hang out more in 117 row 17.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFootyFanatic View Post
    I agree. But for a small group of us in the first 4 or 5 rows, most people just don't seem that interested in joining in. People have to want to cooperate for anything to change. If we can get the "rock" chanters on the same page and coordinate with the group in 116 we may be able to make some positive strides.
    That actually sounds like a plan.

I get the feeling though anything we do...they are going to insist we include the ROCK chant.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fellas...this is a thread about 117 and sorrounding sections. Not the east stands.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! These days I am in 112. If there is something we can do, I will gladly sit (stand) in my 118 seats and help the cause. But if previous history is any indication, the only thing that will happen is we will be told to "fuck off". And those will be the nice comments.
    Roogsy - where in 118 are your seats? And where did you get that kind of reaction from? 118 is a fractured section - TRN claimed the back but no-one gives a shit about them at the front. I'm about half way up, and from what I can tell the front half is pretty into cheering and chanting.

Maybe the way to put it is - "hey look, we'll keep a capo over there, if you guys want to follow along that's cool, or if you get a good chant going we'll ask the capo to try and pick it up and spread it along", rather than seeming like we're laying down orders of how to chant/support (not saying that's been done, just drawing a comparison).

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's the "rock" chant?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That actually sounds like a plan.

I get the feeling though anything we do...they are going to insist we include the ROCK chant.
    It would be a small sacrifice to make to get some unified chanting.

I'll be honest, I've spent a number of games in 117 and can't hear anything coming from the front of 117 or 116 over the drums (note: slight exageration).

I will say this...the couple of times that a chant almost took hold on Satureday (there were a couple) TRN picked up the beat on the drums. But by the time it reached them they had 2 bars and it was over.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvgravy View Post
    It would be a small sacrifice to make to get some unified chanting.

I'll be honest, I've spent a number of games in 117 and can't hear anything coming from the front of 117 or 116 over the drums (note: slight exageration).

I will say this...the couple of times that a chant almost took hold on Satureday (there were a couple) TRN picked up the beat on the drums. But by the time it reached them they had 2 bars and it was over.
    I'm not sure the TRN drumming helps, they just put people off or cover the noise of the chant. it's good that they want to help, but they need to find another way of doing it (leaving the drums at home would be a good start).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asking TRN not to do their thing is not fair. They have been there since day one just like the rest of us. Perhaps a spirit of cooperation can help us unify the sections. There is no reason their steel drums can't join in the chants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will speak to the guys in the front I want to unify the section. I will even go speak to the guys in TRN to see if they will get in on our chants and see if we can make it a proper section. I will keep every one posted. Ultra where do you sit exactly I would like to introduce myself next game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a bunch of us in the middle of 118 (a few rows in front of you, hitcho). i think there is a willingness to unify it seems to me. It happens on a sporadic basis with the bottom of the section or with the group in 119, but we are SURROUNDED by scalper seats.
    Last edited by transplant; 04-06-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 105 row 8... we have a bunch of ppl all over that chant but the problem is being in synch with 104 or the delay further up in 105. I said it last year, we need to synch up with the NEE across the pitch to have an effective chant session. That would be killer.

Not sorry to say... I think this year's opening match was the deadest I have ever seen BMO right from the get go. The starting 11 was a no show and we were a no show compared to years past. Hope we all do better vs FC Dallas Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's at least 5 of us in 117 row 4 who are onboard for unifying our section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 116 close to 115 on the east side of the firm they are good guys. I don't care for a capo usually we pick up chants or start our own, keep in mind I'm there to watch the game as well, so if the boys are playing like shite and my balls are freezing you won't hear me chanting anything positive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will speak to the guys in the front I want to unify the section. I will even go speak to the guys in TRN to see if they will get in on our chants and see if we can make it a proper section. I will keep every one posted. Ultra where do you sit exactly I would like to introduce myself next game
    117 row 3, seats 6 & 7. Come introduce yourself. There are a few more guys on the board here that sit right behind me in row 4, as well as Johnny and the u-sec guys that sit in row 2. There are enough of us around that we should be able to get some cohesion throughout 116, 117 & 118.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the most positive comments about the south west corner I think I've ever read. Maybe this merits effort.

To be clear...nobody here is advocating making this a Red Patch Boys section. We are simply discussing it on the RPB website. Perhaps making that clear and then asking for cooperation will help us achieve what we are looking for?

I am willing to vacate my presence in 112 if it means I will help generate atmosphere in my home section. What is it exactly we should do to begin?

Let's start by where we sit.

I am 118, Row 3, Seat 3.

UltraFF is 117, Row 3, seats 6 and 7.

Hitcho is 118 Row 14, Seats ?

Section 117 is in (I assume) 117, Row ? Seats?

Josh the Great is 117, Row 4, Seats ?
    Last edited by Roogsy; 04-06-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by transplant View Post
    There are a bunch of us in the middle of 118 (a few rows in front of you, hitcho). i think there is a willingness to unify it seems to me. It happens on a sporadic basis with the bottom of the section or with the group in 119, but we are SURROUNDED by scalper seats.
    Yeah, the scalper issue is a problem. But having said that, in my experience the randoms who turn up aren;t a negative influence in terms of chanting, they just don't participate. So if we can get the genuine ticket holders going, we should be strong enough in numbers to make a decent impact.

Which rows are you in? We should try and work together at the Dallas game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok,

without getting my back up too much by some posts by people who clearly haven't been in the section for any other season and now think they have a clue I'll make a few points.

1. The front of the section, Including "the Rock" chanters as people put it have been amongst the only CONSISTENT singers and chanters and drum beaters since the start of TFC. We all start chants and try and get them going. Between people not joining in, scalped seats/revolving door faces and conflicting chants with other sections it has always, and will always be difficult. Add the fact that most of the good chanters have actually been to games outside of North America most prefer a spontaneous approach rather than scripted, timed, wooden chants. Add the brutal wind where you could barely hear anything and not much of a performance worth chanting on the pitch and it was bound to be like that.

2. People who START chants in sections NEVER carry it on long enough for other sections to get in synch, especially with the shape of the stadium making it VERY hard to hear 112/113's chants and people beside those sections not carrying it on until we reach a consistent level of chanting.

3. West Side Stand Up! Finally it looks like the West side has started contributing with chanting. I know in 117 we had a big part in getting that going and there are some good pockets there who are even starting up chants.. Its a start and we definately followed their lead on a few chants.

4. R-O-C-K , will never go away . It is a bit of a tradition now after 3 seasons in the section. The guys in the front started it and well... at times it was the only bit of life in the section.

5. Roogsy abandonded us.. That doesn't help

EDIT: Did I mention I feel like a f*cking broken record since this thread has appeared every season multiple times including threads from the very first games by _ME_ trying to get participation.
    -W.
    Last edited by Monk; 04-06-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the most positive comments about the south west corner I think I've ever read. Maybe this merits effort.

To be clear...nobody here is advocating making this a Red Patch Boys section. We are simply discussing it on the RPB website. Perhaps making that clear and then asking for cooperation will help us achieve what we are looking for?

I am willing to vacate my presence in 112 if it means I will help generate atmosphere in my home section. What is it exactly we should do to begin?
    Let's get a list of all the people who have posted in this thread to date who seem willing to work on this, and their section and row numbers. That should mae it clear it's an independent effort spreading across several different sections and driven by a general aim to be in unified voice rather than working under any one given banner.

Then we need to get all those people to try and work with the people around them in their sections to somehow pull together. not sure what the best way of doing that is. but I do think that with a concerted effort spread from 116 to 118 with any willing participants, we could really be onto something. if we start small and aim to just get people listening for chants and picking up on them, that'd be a good victory of itself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to be negative...but the front of 117 are the only ones that do the ROCK chant. Everyone else around them simply grimaces.

I did abandon 118...for that I am ashamed. LOL!

The ROCK chanters are either going to be allies or they will fight this. I really dunno which.