Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Related to the topic of another thread, I was at the top of 109 for the first time with my new Season's and even by making a bee line to the exit, and hoping down over the seats instead of waiting on the line down the stairs, with the lineup to the washroom and back, it was still 3 minutes into the second half by the time I got back.

Someone who wants to leave at the whistle and get back in time has a tough time up there.
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just ran out really quickly in the second half. It took me all of 2 minutes and luckily I didn't miss anything.

That's better than missing 10 minutes of the second half by going at half time!!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    We will be working on getting it over to the front of 112 for the next game.

Everyone is in a bitchy mood today! (with good reason)

But shitting on everything isn't going to make it better.
    no there is no need for 2 in the 112 area. what is need is someone that knows what there doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i'll leave and hope i don't miss anything in 2-3 minutes vs going at halftime or trying to find a place to pee at the end of the match.

holding it all the way to shoeless is tough

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this was not the original topic really of this post but since everyone is talking about it, I always wondered why everyone in the east stand didn't show up until part way through the 2nd half but now that I have my seats there, it is a friggin joke. You can't move at half time. It is totally ridiculous. I ended up giving up the idea of going to the washroom and held it until the end of the game. What a hazard. If there ever was an emergency people will get trampled and killed. Maybe mlsintoronto can comment. I was pissed and a crappy game to boot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i stayed in my seat the entire match. ate/went to the washroom before and never had a problem. and i must agree, the stadium looked worse than a Leafs game 5 minutes before half and 15 minutes of the second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you imagine what the concourse, concessions and washrooms would be like with 8000 additional fans??? Unsafe and just not workable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    no there is no need for 2 in the 112 area. what is need is someone that knows what there doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteeltownBhoy View Post
    Can you imagine what the concourse, concessions and washrooms would be like with 8000 additional fans??? Unsafe and just not workable.
    if they expand, they gotta build a proper second level concourse with even more washrooms and concessions than the current concourses on the south and west side. they can't give people a reason to leave the second level, otherwise it'll be chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Can you confirm that there was a 2nd capo stand in front of 117?
    johnny from Usector was manning it. did pretty good considering.

main problem is the corner of 118, just wanted to wank off w/ a couple douchey 'chants,' also 'the firm' in 116 didn't want to join in with us in 117 even though we we're trying to follow you lot... such is that corner.

as far as the scalped seats go, there are new faces every week, i think there is the same problem in the front of 116

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elmo View Post
    There definitely was a capo at the front of the section, he did a great job considering he doesn't get to see much of the game and it was freezing. But once you get past row 8 of 117 (which is in the supporters section). The fans were sparse, and the majority of them have no clue what the chants are.
    I'm row 9... Row 8 is actually one of the worst ones for seats changing hands. Scalpers get "bad" at row 11, there are 3 or 4, probably seats 9-12 that are always changing hands. Row 10 has usually always been solid (there is a community group that has 4 seats there so they are usually changing around) but for the most part Row 9/10 I can name people by the nicknames I've given them and they're there every week. "Old Fat Guy, Old English Fat Guy, Old Fat Guy II"

I couldn't hear a word the Capo said. Good on him for trying, but maybe it was the wind, but at least use your "outside voice" I could hear Tribal Rhythm from behind 118 better than the Capo. I honestly think that's an issue is that will be hard to overcome. It does become background noise that you don't listen to, but it's there and takes away from other things ie. chants that could be done.

It's been discussed here briefly before, stuff in my corner is going to take a while to develop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Flush, dude.

That stand was meant for 112 all along. It wasn't in place due to some circumstances out of our hands, and it remained in front of 117 (where it has been since they took the bubble down.

I'm hoping to have it in front of you guys next week, but no promises. I'm working on it...

EDIT: I just noticed that Jack beat me to it!

Thanks Rudi... I didn't notice your post until now. You are truly a good guy.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think that it sould be moved over to 119. I do not see why the sould be 2 capo stands in the south east end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graeme117 View Post
    johnny from Usector was manning it. did pretty good considering.

main problem is the corner of 118, just wanted to wank off w/ a couple douchey 'chants,' also 'the firm' in 116 didn't want to join in with us in 117 even though we we're trying to follow you lot... such is that corner.

as far as the scalped seats go, there are new faces every week, i think there is the same problem in the front of 116
    Nothing to do with the Rock chanters at the front of 117...

Somehow one of the rock chanters even got onto that Capo stand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I normally stand in 117 (row 15). I missed Saturday's game because I'm on vacation but I'll be there this Saturday.

My complaint with 117 has always been that what happens in the first 8 rows can't be heard any further back. there is no co-ordination. There is never an effort from down low to actually just turn around so and allow everyone else to join in.

I often scream myself hoarse up in row 15 trying, together with some others around me, to keep up with the chants that are happening down low but I get frustrated by the fact that the bottom 1/3 of 117 is doing their own thing, 116 is doing its own thing and 118 is doing its own thing. Its a mess alot of the time.

We don't have a roof so sound doesn't carry, which sucks. we have to do the best we can with what we've got. it's simply a matter of working together. it should not be that hard but for 2 years its been the same thing, week in and week out.

If there is a capo who has some experience, I think it would help. but it will require 116-118 to work together (even the guys in 119 are close enough to hear the chants from 116-118 and join in)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate thise guys at the front of 117 they are the reason noone wants to chant in that section. They make up the lamest chants so everybody ends up chanting at them instead of with them. I'm in the corner of 118 and after the first 5-6 rows it seems to die down. The capo was lost on me because I am in the 2nd row so I would have to choose wether to watch the game or the capo. I tried to get chants started by qickly checking the capo but they pretty much died out do to the "tourists" in the section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey All

I in row 8 of section 117. It was by far the poorest of display of chanting. Yes there was a capo at the front. My brother and I kept up with his chants, but i could see was fustrated. I know the guys in the front row wo start those stupid chants.

I will speak to them prior to the next match and see if they will coridnate with the capo in our section. I have one suggestion, should we not have a play list so that people know what chants we are doing and when we are doing them

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Hey All

I in row 8 of section 117. It was by far the poorest of display of chanting. Yes there was a capo at the front. My brother and I kept up with his chants, but i could see was fustrated. I know the guys in the front row wo start those stupid chants.

I will speak to them prior to the next match and see if they will coridnate with the capo in our section. I have one suggestion, should we not have a play list so that people know what chants we are doing and when we are doing them
    You can't really playlist chants. Part of the capo's responsibility is to choose chants that are appropriate to what is happening then and now. So you can't really just say:

02:00 - Forza TO
    07:00 - Massive
    etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be great if we could get some kind of coordinated effort going in 117. If we could get the "Rock" chanters on the same page as everyone else it would help. They have lots of enthusiasm but need some guidance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm in 223, and saw both capo stands. I have to give some respect to whoever it was that tried to capo in 117, but it looked like a lost cause from where I stood. Eventually he just turned around and watched the game (while crouching).

I'm glad it's being moved over to 111-112. For me, the best bet is to have one in 111-112 and on between 113 -114, then have the capos making sure they're synced up. If you can get those two sections going, we'll be able to grow slowly (as people in 110 and 115 will be able to hear a little). Next year, if all goes well, you could look at adding one in front of 115. Spread out slowly, that way people are exposed to all of the proper chants from people who already know them, so they get caught up with the rest of the people, instead of just trying to put a capo in front of people who don't know, or don't care.

Good work rudy and co who got the second stand. The first stand made a huge difference last year, hopefully it will keep getting better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan16 View Post
    section 104 was great yesterday! from my row and back EVERYONE was standing.
    A lot more of 105 was standing as well. Major improvement (in both sections) over last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh the Great 117 View Post
    It would be great if we could get some kind of coordinated effort going in 117. If we could get the "Rock" chanters on the same page as everyone else it would help. They have lots of enthusiasm but need some guidance!
    No doubt, i agree. I love their enthusiasm, but they need to be willing to learn more of the chants and just give up that "rock" chant all together.

I am in row 3 in 117 so I couldn't really see how empty our section was in the upper rows, but the disorganization was killing me. I was getting pretty frustrated with people telling Johnny on the capo stand to sit down, meanwhile the same guys were not even trying to join in in any of his chants. And when I would have a look around, nobody beyond the first four or five rows seemed to be joining in either. Probably due to the fact that there were two or three chants coming from each side, and no one was on the same page. I enjoyed that there was a capo stand there, but I don't know if it will fly in our corner as most people didn't seem too interested in what Johnny was doing. We can only keep trying, though I think it will be an uphill battle.

Also, the guy behind me (sorry I don't know your name) who took Johnny's drum while he was on the capo stand was awesome and kept a really good beat. I'd love to hear more drumming at future games. Maybe even drown out TRN a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest problem IMO is that there are too many chants started at the same time. Do the capos co ordinate at least so that they are on the same page??? Or is it what ever they feel at that moment.

If the capo in front of 117 can PM me I would like to discuss what we can do in my section as again I know most of the guys in the front row that chant that dumb ass rock chant and I will try and get them to be on the same page.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4pm is a horrible time.

its neither here nor there.

its siesta time, people are naturally tired at that time.

make it 2 pm or make it at night.

With all the money MLSE has, you'd think they'd hire a fan psychology consultant.

make it near lunch = more food and beer sales b/c people didnt have all day to fill up and get piss drunk

make it at night, and people are raring to go out and have a good time.

plus 4pm = families going out and if it rains/cold, they dont go, and we get empty seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    A lot more of 105 was standing as well. Major improvement (in both sections) over last year.
    Good to hear I was actually impressed by 104 as I was expecting to walk into a library but surprisingly it wasn't.

I do believe the consistent stream of beer guys ensured the sections would stay loud all game. Even though they were quite wasteful when pouring. Feel bad for the guy and girl in Row 19 that kept getting spilled on.

Now if only 104 and 105 can somehow time their chants and sing something more then When the Red's go marching in we'll be in for a heck of a season. I'm just curious to see how the rotation of partial pack'rs affects the areas. For example I know the few folks around me that I talked to won't be back until May but I'll be back for FCD except one more row up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    Now if only 104 and 105 can somehow time their chants and sing something more then When the Red's go marching in we'll be in for a heck of a season. I'm just curious to see how the rotation of partial pack'rs affects the areas. For example I know the few folks around me that I talked to won't be back until May but I'll be back for FCD except one more row up.
    Timing is usually better. The wind pretty much killed all chance of that happening. The selection of songs is quite limited though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys

I want to help fix our section. PM me or let me know what you need me on this thread as I want our section to be loud. I was quite disapointed with our display on the field and in our section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    4pm is a horrible time.

its neither here nor there.

its siesta time, people are naturally tired at that time.

make it 2 pm or make it at night.

With all the money MLSE has, you'd think they'd hire a fan psychology consultant.

make it near lunch = more food and beer sales b/c people didnt have all day to fill up and get piss drunk

make it at night, and people are raring to go out and have a good time.

plus 4pm = families going out and if it rains/cold, they dont go, and we get empty seats.
    Maybe the cold and the potential for rain is an excuse, besides that there is no bloody excuse. Time shouldn't matter

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan16 View Post
    section 104 was great yesterday! from my row and back EVERYONE was standing.

i was happy because i hate sitting during football matches, so it worked out well. we were doing some chanting back and forth with section 127 opposite us... fun times.
    I was impressed with you guys - from the back of 224 you were loud and repeatedly gave Ljunberg the business. Nice job.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117, the only way the South West corner can get better is if people will allow themselves to cooperate with each other.

If people just want to do their own thing, that's their right and choice. But there must be the realization that it will never even come close to being what the South East corner looks and sounds like without a willingness to work together.

I am not sure that willingness exists in 117/118.