Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also, TRN have repeatedly expressed their desire to get more chants going and chant along with other supporters.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I can vouch for this, I signed up for the e-mail list at the end of last season and they've sent missives round on this point. I think they'll be happy to work with the section.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves here, but I really think the key to a unified south end is to go section by section. If the SW corner can get on the same page (SG issues aside), and the SE corner can do the same (SG issues aside), then you've got two very large, potentially very noisy chant bunkers which can originate and spread chants through the south end. but you've got to start at a micro level i think, and build it slowly from there. it's great that we seem to have the desire to do this in the SW corner, let's hope it all comes together!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from section 117

I just joined the forum and needed to finally vent!

Our section was terrible, minus the group below us. I've had season tickets since the beginning along with the other 9 of us who bought a group pack. We alway enjoy joining in with the chants but it gets annoying when others are looking at you ,shaking there heads.
    Sat's game didnt have the same feel as it did last year....maybe it was the cold?...maybe it was the lack of effort on the field?....who knows!!
    One thing is for sure, a good portion of people around us are not the true TFC supporters.....They are there because its the place to be right now.....Pisses me off.
    How did they get there tickets?
    Can anything be done?.....it is after all the "Supporters Section"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last post regarding this I promise Roogsy:

I meant to start this thread earlier today but got called into a meeting. For those in 104/105:
    http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...620#post457620

Now let 117 continue their plot for south end domination

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello every one, this is Johnny from U-Sector, I was the one who went on the Capo Stand in the first half on Saturday, I am glad to hear that there are people who want to make this section work. I talked to the Rock guy and he seemed pretty cool about co-ordinating chants with me when he went on the stand at the start of the second half.

I just want chants that work and make sense, for example, when the opposing team doesn't have supporters don't do the "can you hear _____ sing?" of course not, they aren't even here, stuff like that should be saved for teams who bring people and we go up a goal on them and it is quiet, it is all about the right chant at the right time.

I don't usually come on this board, but Jason (UltraFootyFanatic) and I were texting back and forth today about the topic of the Capo in 117, which the stand will not be there this weekend. But it doesn't hurt to have someone going up and down the isle of 117/118 leading stuff. I can talk more about some of the other things (positive and negative things) people have been telling me in person on Saturday. I will try and get there early, it is my birthday and I have a friend from out of town who I haven't seen in a while and I want to to see her off to the bus terminal before the match, so depending on that and if I can make it to the Gate. But if I am a bit late and get there just before kick off (or my tickets don't scan like last week for some reason) I will do my best to get there early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a Capo stand in front of 117(or any other supporter section) would be great to help run the chants in the supporter sections outside of 111-113, the problem is that the organization is not there in these other sections, i have got seasons in 115 and although we try to start stuff up the people interested in singing all game are in small clusters separated throughout the section, we get more disgruntled looks then we do support, not sure what solution there is to this though...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro118 View Post
    118 row 3 seat 5
    Hey dude I'm Stewart in row 2 seats 1-2! Didn't even know you were on here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This actually sounds promising. I will be enjoying one of those rare occasions this weekend- a sober soccer match- as I have to pick up a rental car for the weekend pre-game so I will try to help focus some chants but those who know me or sit in our little supporter's cluster at the front of 118 (minus the scalper seats in row 1) I am very down with the chanting and try to keep things going as long as possible even if it does incur a face palm from those that are less interested. What a run on sentence. Any-hoozles Roogsy knows me and knows I'm in like Flint!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you guys try contacting the firm in 116 it will round off the south corner nicely. They went around giving out cards last game...don't know much about them but they do chant

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onemanbarmyarmy View Post
    This actually sounds promising. I will be enjoying one of those rare occasions this weekend- a sober soccer match- as I have to pick up a rental car for the weekend pre-game so I will try to help focus some chants but those who know me or sit in our little supporter's cluster at the front of 118 (minus the scalper seats in row 1) I am very down with the chanting and try to keep things going as long as possible even if it does incur a face palm from those that are less interested. What a run on sentence. Any-hoozles Roogsy knows me and knows I'm in like Flint!
    I am aghast...devastated.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh who am I kidding?! Still I'm down like Julie Brown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright I'm going to be in 117 for the next game. Let's get something going guys! Let's make section 117 ROAR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^nice, see you there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graeme117 View Post
    ^nice, see you there
    Let's make some noise, ok!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRed View Post
    ^^

The RPB section for some reason looked smaller and more tamed (but given the wind and the play of the home side it's understandable. Just an overall lack of enthusiasm in the stadium I really hope it was the wind because it looks like the supporters have taken two steps back.
    i as well noticed the exact same thing that the supporters section looked smaller, all game this perplexed me and i didnt quite figure it out until i spoke to cashcleaner the other day....you see in the first and second seasons alot of people like myself, despite the fact that i have tickets in another section would sneak into the southend and get rowdy with the real supporters because i too would try to sing and cheer and stand in other places and be the only guy or even once where i was told to sit down!!!, now apparently theres new security at bmo fiel that are running things like its the fuckin pentagon, the front office are killing the atmosphere with this bullshit, they absolutly gotta make a true supporter section if they expand the field to correct this, and they need to work with the supporter groups to make this happen, until then tho, u-sector and red patch boys need to pull together a bit better, the two still arent in sync on alot of chants i notice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ 100% agree on all points. It's a shame that MLSE has to be so corporate about everything. I think their official colours are Sivler and Black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit Amfield is loud!! 45 straight minutes so far...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRed View Post
    Holy shit Amfield is loud!! 45 straight minutes so far...
    Not anymore - Chelsea fans singing "where's your famous atmosphere?"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come on chelsea!!! ............. i digress........... must contain myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, everyone sitting in section 117, let's try and get some chants going ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's up guys I can't wait till Saturday....

One question has anyone spoken to the guys at TRN to see if they will help us out uniting our beloved 117?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think this is as much a 118 thing as it is 117 (despite the thread title). Either way, we should view it as a SW Corner initiative - get rid of any SG and/or section rivalry, and let's just keep the focus firmly on some loud ass unified chanting, which is what we all want after all.

TRN should be easy enough about the whole thing on game day if no-one has contacted them yet. As I posted before, they've sent e-mails to their members this season about unifying etc. Might be a good diea to come up with some kind of plan to involve them at the meeting at front of 117 before approaching them though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agree 100%. Let's get the SW corner of BMO fuckin' rockin'.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we get the message out to all 117/118 seat holders? Do we talk to them as they come in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    How do we get the message out to all 117/118 seat holders? Do we talk to them as they come in?

I think that is what we have to do... From my understanding we are going to meet 20 to 30 mins before the game to organize ourselves and at the same time i think we can explain to the rest of section what we are trying to do...

I think getting the firm in 116 on board would also help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to be in 117 for the next game. I'd gladly help, what should I do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post

I think getting the firm in 116 on board would also help
    a very good idea

wondering if anyone knows what the rules for banners are this year?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCrowd View Post
    I'm going to be in 117 for the next game. I'd gladly help, what should I do?
    The plan is for everyone interested in this to meet at front of 117 about 20 to 30 mins before kick off, then to approach TRN and make sure they are also on board with the SW corner plan.

From my experience of 118 (and looking across into 117) there are going to be a LOT of scalper sales, especially towards the back of the sections, so how much utility there is in trying to update everyone as they come in I'm not sure. Plus a lot of them just won;t be interested anyway.

The key is to get everyone who is interested to work together, so everyone spread the word to people you know in the sections who will chant and sing. We can start slow, and let the movement grow week by week. I'd suggest keeping the chant list simple this week to get things rolling, and then making the pre kick off meet up a weekly event to add new stuff and keep the momentum going. That way we can also work week to week with TRN so they know what chants etc to look for and work with us on. We also want to make sure this isn't a one week wonder, and that we grow in cohesion and volume as the season progresses. That way people around u will elarn by saturation and may start to join in of their own accord - even soccer moms love a good sing song!!!

Roogsy - do you want to post an updated list of who is now involved?

We might even want to start a mailing list for this if things go well so people know what the plan is for any given week/game even if they cannot make the pre game meet up, but let's just get the ball rolling for the time being!!
    Last edited by Hitcho; 04-09-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one ticket for sale in 118...who wants to help us sing this Saturday???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guts I can't wait till tomorrow to rock the 118/117 corner tomorrow