Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 117 will one day rule BMO Field!

About 50 seats were empty for the entire match!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that part of the supporters section?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, isn't that where most of the scalper seats are? The ones listed on ebay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell I would gladly have taken those seats if they're not going to use them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you confirm that there was a 2nd capo stand in front of 117?
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i heard it was up and didnt go over very well. talkin bout it over at usector.

from a thread......
    Telling a capo to move is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Everyone wants to be a part of the tfc experience until it involves them actually having to chant or do something other then standing.
    Last edited by Brooker; 04-05-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There definitely was a capo at the front of the section, he did a great job considering he doesn't get to see much of the game and it was freezing. But once you get past row 8 of 117 (which is in the supporters section). The fans were sparse, and the majority of them have no clue what the chants are.

SWEAR TO GOD, heard a someone in our section say "oh, you hold your scarf up for the anthem". I'm not knocking new supporters, but how are they getting tickets in the supporters section?
    Last edited by elmo; 04-05-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it take to get some respect around here?

When are we going to see a capo stand near 112/111... fcuk it give us a two-step ladder...

We have the place jumping up and down... we have to tame people from starting their own chants... WTF seriously...

Why do I even bother...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flush! My section is empty!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got booted from section 118 last year for waving a flag.

People go for the cheap seats, not the section.

Registered
    NW corner of Hwy #48 & Queensville Sdrd Mount Albert
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Mizz View Post
    What the hell I would gladly have taken those seats if they're not going to use them

Most of us here would.

This is bullshit!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Yup.

I was sitting in 116 yesterday and while they were great seats (thanks 100x BFin!), considering it is "labeled" as a supporters section, I thought it was a bloody family picnic! It felt more like an combination of a daycare and a retirements home (not to knock on some of the older generation fans but I feared for their health in that weather..).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for feeling my pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

section 104 was great yesterday! from my row and back EVERYONE was standing.

i was happy because i hate sitting during football matches, so it worked out well. we were doing some chanting back and forth with section 127 opposite us... fun times.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Can you confirm that there was a 2nd capo stand in front of 117?
    There was a second stand in front of 117. It was occupied by somebody trying to get things going but it seemed like nobody was interested in that part of the southend. Buddy that was in the capo stand pretty much gave yup and started watching the game from there. My seats are in section 223 and when I saw two capo stands I thought this is gonna be sick if they can pull this off....didn't happen. Again, NOBODY in that part of the southend seemed the very bit interested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC4LIFE View Post
    There was a second stand in front of 117. It was occupied by somebody trying to get things going but it seemed like nobody was interested in that part of the southend. Buddy that was in the capo stand pretty much gave yup and started watching the game from there. My seats are in section 223 and when I saw two capo stands I thought this is gonna be sick if they can pull this off....didn't happen. Again, NOBODY in that part of the southend seemed the very bit interested.
    I'm starting to think that TFC FO doesn't like us... I mean can they not see who is jumping game in and game out since last season? Are we watching a different game here? Why don't we have a third capo stand in 104....? (/sarcasm)
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Patch Boys Capo Stand:

because we haven't proven that we can chant +90 minutes yet...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are at the very top of 111 this year, and when the capo pointed his megaphone our way, I could hear enough to pick up what I heard and get the rest of my area going..I was surprised with the wind and everything we could still make it out...We have alot of people up top across 110 and 111 that would kick some ass in the south end if we had tickets over there.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC4LIFE View Post
    I am a bit confused by this- I caught wind of a second stand before the game, but when I saw it over by 117 instead of in the SW corner, I wondered how this was organized. It looks like it wasn't done in consultation with the Choreo team. It had a capo so somebody must have been in the know from some group.

It seems like putting it where there wasn't already buy- in from the general crowd was over reaching. Its better to build on the SW area and move out from there.
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We will be working on getting it over to the front of 112 for the next game.

Everyone is in a bitchy mood today! (with good reason)

But shitting on everything isn't going to make it better.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capo in 112, is not why I started this thread. Actual supporters or even enough people to fill the seats in 117 is the problem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    What does it take to get some respect around here?

When are we going to see a capo stand near 112/111... fcuk it give us a two-step ladder...

We have the place jumping up and down... we have to tame people from starting their own chants... WTF seriously...

Why do I even bother...
    Flush, dude.

That stand was meant for 112 all along. It wasn't in place due to some circumstances out of our hands, and it remained in front of 117 (where it has been since they took the bubble down.

I'm hoping to have it in front of you guys next week, but no promises. I'm working on it...

EDIT: I just noticed that Jack beat me to it!
    Last edited by Rudi; 04-05-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Bah! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

Empty seats were defonately a problem yesterday. Very shocking, all over the stadium. It looked horrible on TV specially with people leaving for half time and arriving late afterwards. The RPB section for some reason looked smaller and more tamed (but given the wind and the play of the home side it's understandable. Just an overall lack of enthusiasm in the stadium I really hope it was the wind because it looks like the supporters have taken two steps back.

*by the way esxcuse my nebiness but I been looking up to see what CAPO is but I can't find out what you guys are reffering to here.
    Last edited by BRed; 04-05-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say it sould it remained in front of 117 but have someone on it that know what he is doing or move it over to 119.
    There was alot more singing go on there. then from 116 to 118 I was in 119 for the whole game and I could hear you guys in 112.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRed View Post
    ^^

Empty seats were defonately a problem yesterday. Very shocking, all over the stadium. It looked horrible on TV specially with people leaving for half time and arriving late afterwards. The RPB section for some reason looked smaller and more tamed (but given the wind and the play of the home side it's understandable. Just an overall lack of enthusiasm in the stadium I really hope it was the wind because it looks like the supporters have taken two steps back.

*by the way esxcuse my nebiness but I been looking up to see what CAPO is but I can't find out what you guys are reffering to here.
    Some people seem to be more concerned with getting beer and stuffing their faces than with the match.

A capo is a chant leader. Someone who helps co-ordinate the singing so we can all be in sync. They also can pick up chants from other areas and get them going and pass them along. It really helps when a good capo gets the crowd going.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Thanks. sounds like a good system in theory. I'm gonna wait til next week to see how big of a roll the wind played in messing up the system and over all atmosphere. I heard the concessions were doing a horrible job and it took people 20mins to get their order. So let's see how next week goes down. I just hope I don't get blind again by the level of play.

I think one of the problems in regards to the family picnic crowds in the supporters section (116) is that people want to attend the "eventful" games, weather it's home openners or beckam or shit like that. In those games scalpers are getting big money from older people and such. I think yesterday the biggest problem was that scalping seems like it has tasted blood and they want more. They see how much demand and prices are up so they are upping their tactics in gaining and selling TFC tickets.

RATS need to be exterminated somehow.
    Last edited by BRed; 04-05-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

But shitting on everything isn't going to make it better.
    /me pulls his pants back up

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noticed the empty seats on the TV yesterday - thought I was watching a Leafs game (shudder).

I fear that TFC games will become just another event for people to take a few clients to and be seen at. Maybe they watch the game, maybe they don't - the bottom line is that they're not real fans. And they're going to take seats away from people who DO want to go to the games and support their team. But, that's an MLSE enterprise for ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after the half was appalling on T.V. the place looked like someone pulled the fire alarm. weather be damned.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ that's your well thought out bathroom and beverage services speaking for you.

I kept my beer in my bladder until about the 52', I was surprised to see that the washrooms outside of 110 and 109 still had a line stretching out the door. Same went with the ones around 107.