Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    I guess the issue I have with all of these comparisons whether it be the NFL, NHL, CFL or alternate is that it's a slightly desperate ploy. Why gain credence by comparison? Why not be proactive - there is numerous ways to help this issue. I suggest looking around these boards to discover what they are. I'n not attempting to be trite, I just think the abrasive reaction (though warranted) is counteractive.
    I suggest looking around these boards to discover what they are.

Kingpin? are you fucking serious? really? Your view of desperation is my view of a war.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the biggest frustration for me is the burden of proof. They quite literally make shit up, and now it's up to US to disprove their lies. It's grossly irresponsible and hopefully they will all lose their jobs and houses

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Cathal,

By 7 April I will have flown 6,400 km to and from Calgary, Alberta to attend a game. You are within driving distance, yet you have the audacity to write such garbage when clearly you have never been to a game.

I flew six thousand miles. You can't even be bothered to even take the TTC to the waterfront. Stop talking and go to a game, then start again. Maybe then you will have something more interesting to say.

Peace.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I suggest looking around these boards to discover what they are.

Kingpin? are you fucking serious? really? Your view of desperation is my view of a war.
    I'm certain you are speaking for yourself here. This is a situation that needs a calm and calculated response. Check the members section - there are some opportunities for anyone who would like to be constructive. The fact that I got calls from Canada telling me about what was happening says it all - so I understand. They are friends who knew I was involved with this group and asked what was happening.. and "did you hear about the tasering?"

I get it. But by seeing this as "war", you are buying in - getting sucked in. Be methodical and calculated. If you don't take heed, things will get worse.

Thinking that any legal action or anything of the like will work is sheer naiveté. A well planned long term projection of the true message is the only path I see here. Anything else will prove to be a failure in my estimation. Just some immediate thoughts anyway...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm certain you are speaking for yourself here. This is a situation that needs a calm and calculated response. Check the members section - there are some opportunities for anyone who would like to be constructive. The fact that I got calls from Canada telling me about what was happening says it all - so I understand. They are friends who knew I was involved with this group and asked what was happening.. and "did you hear about the tasering?"

I get it. But by seeing this as "war", you are buying in - getting sucked in. Be methodical and calculated. If you don't take heed, things will get worse.

Thinking that any legal action or anything of the like will work is sheer naiveté. A well planned long term projection of the true message is the only path I see here. Anything else will prove to be a failure in my estimation. Just some immediate thoughts anyway...
    Despite my anger, I think you've got a point Pat. We cannot let this escalate into war, or whatever good we can and will do, will be tarred some way somehow. While the whole idea of guilty until proven innocent is how the court of public opinion works, we can win this battle somehow...there has to be a way.

Isn't there...?
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Kingpin is right the way to prove we aren't like they think we are isn't by being the way they think we need to cool our tits and let the truth come out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got calls from El Salvador telling me about what was happening so I understand.

Listen, Pat... you don't need to tell me to check other sections of the boards because I have... and I do. You can't say "calm and calculated response" when time is of the essence... calm and calculated should have occurred before these events took place... we knew people from Columbus were trying to stir the pot and cause trouble... where we that naive that we thought this day would never come? There are forces out there that have been anti-supporter and anti-soccer since day 1 of Toronto FC... it ain't news.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think you can convince the other supporter groups to go along with a hand holding session you're going to be sadly disappointed.
    Even if the Red Patch Boys acted nothing sort of angelic the rest of the season it would only take one heated altercation from a U Sector member for Kelly to paint us with the same brush and shout I told you so from his soap box.

Heathen

Kelly is a douche the best you can do is put pressure on TFC to try and get a retraction from him, I'm sure his lies don't please the FO either.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nonetheless, Stryker, we can only control ourselves and what we do. I think all of the groups realize the seriousness of the situation and unfortunately we are the easily recognizable targets here because we are organized groups with names and identities.

The fact that in most of the videos I've seen from Columbus the involved parties are not wearing a supporters group scarf is a distinction these reporters don't seem to want to make, since they don't seem to want the truth to get in the way of a good story.

No one is suggesting we act "angelic" or anything of the sort. We just have to make sure the distinction between a member of one of our groups and a drunk asshole hiding behind the crowd are made. The only way to do that is by acting in a positive and constructive manner in the future.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    It's a bullshit article, but i hope anyone complaining about it here aren't the same people in the Drew Carey thread who were wishing they were close enough to be able to throw shit at him.
    Even worse, it's pedantic and poorly written with predictable turn-of-phrase. At some point, some twit in Star management obviously saw Kelly as his Great Metropolitan Daily (tm)'s Hitchens or Martin Amis or something, because he writes with a certain dry British insoucience, as taught to every private school kid there over the age of 10.

Sad. Put him on the politics of socializing or even the social side of politics, where he can rub elbows with other wankers. He'll be happier, we'll be happier, they'll be happier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appearenlty we need to look for someone who knows how to dismantle a ticking time bomb.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just cancelled my Star subscription.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post

salute to you!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A football firm (also known as a hooligan firm) is a gang formed to fight with members supporters from other clubs. While some firms, especially in southern and eastern Europe, have been linked with far right politics or racism, other firms have been associated with leftist or anti-racist views. The firms' political views are not representative of all supporters of the teams.

SO based on that definition Miss Catheter Kelly which TFC supporters group are you calling a "firm"??.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Cathal at the game, he came out of Gate 4, the media entrance about 5 minutes after the game, so he I know he was there, that is not to judge what he is writing but he does attend the games.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    My hooligan side says FUCK YOU CATHAL KELLY !!!!

100% Agree but this is what he wants.

Poor bastard gets off on it...

Wow some of these responses however are so calm, collected and eloquent you'd think it was election time again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was that part about the racial abuse?
    Was he talking about TFC fans or did I just read that wrong?

Can't remeber an inncident where TFC fans were accused of racial abuse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much time wasted on the CP media. Honestly, we have to let our irrational fascination with these "sports reporters" evaporate. For our own sanity and to deny them the spotlight we seem to want to keep shining on them.

There is so much more interesting stuff to talk about than the Canadian sports reporting machine, FFS.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We spend way to much time writing about him and reading his stories. Why are we boosting his readership at torstar.com?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    He'd lose his monocle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    I'll be doing the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.Reis View Post
    What was that part about the racial abuse?
    Was he talking about TFC fans or did I just read that wrong?

Can't remeber an inncident where TFC fans were accused of racial abuse.
    He doesn't know what he's talking about. If he did, he'd know that the racial abuse ugliness took place in Columbus from one idiot in their supporter's section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cathal Kelly

olegunnar

This BS has to be addressed by someone, probably the FO.

There are people new to support, and the message they get from these articles is that throwing stuff and fighting is the norm....what you do to be like everyone else.

We now is not true, but someone who's never been to a game wouldn't know that. So they show up thinking it's okay to throw stuff etc. etc....afterall the media told them that's what's normal behaviour at games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The fact that in most of the videos I've seen from Columbus the involved parties are not wearing a supporters group scarf is a distinction these reporters don't seem to want to make, since they don't seem to want the truth to get in the way of a good story.
    Isn't that almost always the case? I was talking to my friend and my cousin about this on our way to the game yesterday. Whenever I see someone doing something stupid they're almost always wearing a generic Adidas scarf. I can honestly say that whether it was pre-game, in the stands or post game I've never seen anyone wearing a RPB, Usec or NEE scarf doing any of the stupid stuff that the media want to tie us to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't think the article was factually correct - http://www.ontpress.com/complaints/index.asp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan69 View Post
    No one likes us... we don't care!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hasn't the Blue Jays home opener been notoriusly known for fights??? Where are the front page coverage of such hooligan events??!

yes when they played at exhibition stadium .. hahhaha
    it was a drunken hayday ..mickeys gone wild
    true !!!

that was while ago , back then u were allowed to drink and drive home too

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The funny thing is you get these wannabe British hooligans over here," one police officer said in exasperation. "C'mon, we're in Canada, guys."
    This is an annoying ignorant comment I tend to hear time and again from the non-soccer fan. These people have no f'in clue what the term "hooligan" means in England, or anywhere else in Europe or South America, for that matter. They see supporters standing and chanting at at TFC game and the scene is so foreign to them, they label it alcohol-fueled "hooligan" behaviour. They see 20-something male soccer fans drinking copious amounts of beer in the stands at a game and they label it irresponsible "hooligan-style" drinking. They hear the mere mention of a fight or a shoving match at a TFC game and they again trot out the "hooligan" moniker. Ignorant asses, all of them. Two guys fighting in the stands or outside the stadium at a Bills or Argos or Jays game gets reported as simply two guys fightingbut the same two guys do it at a TFC game and they're hooligans. Most of the media is guilty of this. There seems to be some sizzle when it comes to reporting about these incidents at a TFC game, but this sh*t can go down at other sporting events and no one gives a f*ck.