Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly let me say that i want a Strong, Skilled CB!!! throw some money at it MoJo!!!

Secondly VELEZ over Harmse!!

Thirdly, what the fuck was ricketts doing out there today!?? Counting how many people in the stands!?

Seriously i have been expecting WAY more from Ricketts!!, I'm very sorry to say this but.....Ricketts needs to be traded that salary is waaaayyyy too much for what he produces...

I love what he does off the field, but seriously DO SOMETHING!!! Start Producing for once in your life!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only watched the first half, but it seemed Ricketts was trying to dribble through everyone at every opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

such a frustrating day.....

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Personally, I found most frustrating was the fact that Seattle could so effectively shut down our attack by swarming the player with possession and completely cut off their passing channels. Yet, when we were defending we were giving Seattle so much more space and maneuvering room. Now THAT pissed me off.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to admit, Seattle is class. They clearly were the superior side today.
    Silly mistakes aside, weather aside, they knew exactly what they were doing, we didn't!
    Long ball, kick and run, f*cking up golden opportunities. Even if we had of capitalized on chances, we still looked awful in offense and D.
    I'm not gonna hold any one player or staffer responsible. It was a team loss. Maybe Seattle is just too good. Maybe we have been that bad. We could bounce back and thrash FCD next week.
    I'm just as dissapointed with the fans as the team. No excuse for that exodus today. Part time supporters killed any chance of a comeback. At the home opener no less! Just a totally depressing day all in all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I am an avid Ricketts supporter. But today, he was shit. Absolutely invisible.

Barrett right now couldn't hit the side of an airplane hangar.

But I know one thing...Johann Smith is not the answer. He is average at best.
    Yeah
    id like to see a 4-3-3 next game and i dont think its out of order if JC benches Ricketts and Barrett

--------------Sutton---------
    Wynne----Serioux--Harmse/Velez--Brennan
    Cronin--------Guevara--------Robbo
    Vitti----------DeRo----------Dichio

Could be an effective possibility

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Yeah
    id like to see a 4-3-3 next game and i dont think its out of order if JC benches Ricketts and Barrett

--------------Sutton---------
    Wynne----Serioux--Harmse/Velez--Brennan
    Cronin--------Guevara--------Robbo
    --------------Dichio------------------
    ---Vitti--------------------DeRo

Could be an effective possibility
    Don't mind that but i'd like to see Dichio central as target man. If we are going to play the long ball then Dichio must stay a bit deeper and win the aerial battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few points in the light of a new day...
    We were shit.
    The ref was mega-fucking shit.
    Vitti and Barrett continue to disappoint.
    Seattle was good and better.
    Ljunberg was solid.
    My head hurts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three games down, twenty-seven to go.

Time to look forward to the next match, and hope the needed changes are made to the starting lineup.

I'm not ready to throw the entire season out the window, and go for my torch and pitch fork, because of one massively disappointing result at home. Save that for later, if they still deserve it.

When the dust settles on this shitty game, we are still 1-1-1 after three rounds. Let's get the offensive mojo we had in KC back, and crush Dallas two weeks in a row.

The whole team was terrible yesterday, and they know it. Piling on them all week, is just going to be an exercise in madness on our part.

Onward.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post
    Don't mind that but i'd like to see Dichio central as target man. If we are going to play the long ball then Dichio must stay a bit deeper and win the aerial battle.
    I agree with you they were much more effective when Carver put Dicchio in. After all he knows his limitations and tries to pass to his fellow players.
    As far as the rest of the game goes:

TFC thought Seattle would roll over.
    TFC has been reading too many of their own press clippings.
    Sigi always has coached a good passing ball possesion game showing calm determined patience. (TFC take note)
    5 allowed goals in 3 games is a huge wakeup call.
    (maybe TFC can get Maldini from AC Milan on loan it would be a huge improvement even at 40 he is better than what we have)
    MLS refs

TFC players don't help the team by verbally confronting them en masse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Three games down, twenty-seven to go.

Time to look forward to the next match, and hope the needed changes are made to the starting lineup.

I'm not ready to throw the entire season out the window, and go for my torch and pitch fork, because of one massively disappointing result at home. Save that for later, if they still deserve it.

When the dust settles on this shitty game, we are still 1-1-1 after three rounds. Let's get the offensive mojo we had in KC back, and crush Dallas two weeks in a row.

The whole team was terrible yesterday, and they know it. Piling on them all week, is just going to be an exercise in madness on our part.

Onward.

- Scott
    Well, Socrates, we need personnel changes now.

Every team in the league will have confidence now coming in here. The Fortress took a hit that a single win against an inferior team won't fix.

(I know you have a point. But I think we do need to put pressure on the team to make changes.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering why everyone is surprised with this game. This is the second game in a row we've played and looked totally disinterested. I was there and to me... it's obvious some of the players don't give a fuck and are happy to just be gettin payed. I was wearing my Big Bruva shirt yesterday however I'm going to have to hang it up for a while. The bottom line is the players don't care as much as the supporters do and that poses to be a huge problem. Mojo...get some players who give a fuck. Play the Gambians..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yes, we need a proper CB. I think the disorganization in the back on both goals proves that.

Every team in the league will have confidence now coming in here. The Fortress took a hit that a single win against an inferior team won't fix.
    Inferior team? So far the 3-0 record proves otherwise. Lets not forget who's coaching this team as well. Sigi Schmid is a proven winner in this league. He's the MLS Mourinho. This is a good team who have thier shit together and I'm sure they'll prove that the rest of the season.

It's not like we lost to the Galaxy or Kansas City here. We lost to a well coached, organized team. We need to get our shit together plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You’re bang on brother. Bitch and moan about individual players or refereeing all you want but this group of guys were completely lethargic and disinterested yesterday.

Pathetic and disappointing display. Shameful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Yes, we need a proper CB. I think the disorganization in the back on both goals proves that.

Inferior team? So far the 3-0 record proves otherwise. Lets not forget who's coaching this team as well. Sigi Schmid is a proven winner in this league. He's the MLS Mourinho. This is a good team who have thier shit together and I'm sure they'll prove that the rest of the season.

It's not like we lost to the Galaxy or Kansas City here. We lost to a well coached, organized team. We need to get our shit together plain and simple.
    I believe the "win against an inferior team" he was referring to is Dallas next weekend.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LucaGol View Post
    I believe the "win against an inferior team" he was referring to is Dallas next weekend.

My Bad - Dallas is shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Dallas is winless this season, so they will be desperate. The game on April 11th will be definately a huge game for us. We need to get things back on track in a hurry or things can go seriously wrong.

JC needs to light a fire under the asses of the underperforming players, I don't know if he likes them or not, its time to get these guys realizing that their jobs aren't safe.

Too bad we don't have any capable replacement wingers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Let's not forget, Seattle is undefeated in 3 games and haven't let in a goal!!! They are a good team. Ya we sucked today, but I wouldn't harp on this loss for more than a day or two.
    Really i thought vitti scored for us? OH YEAH WE WERE FUCKING ROBBED

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I know you have a point. But I think we do need to put pressure on the team to make changes.)
    I wasn't suggesting that a single win against Dallas would fix anything. My point was that we need to move on. No need for the sarcastic "Socrates" stuff.

We need to put pressure on the team, when our record overwhelmingly calls for it. Right now we are three games in to a thirty game schedule, and Carver clearly hasn't found the right starting XI yet (as we've run three different line-ups). His post-game comments suggest that changes are imminent, as he said he's tired of giving some guys chances, and having them under-perform.

As for BMO - it's reputation will be fine. I don't see how this loss tarnished it's reputation as a hostile environment, any more than any of our home losses last season did, or the season before that. It's reputation will only be tarnished, when the supporters stop singing for the home side, and stop taking the piss out of the visiting team every week.

I hope Ricketts sits out next weekend. I hope Barrett is a substitute, instead of a starter. I hope Carver tears a strip off of all of them for their piss-poor showing yesterday. And I hope we don't spend all week bitching at eachother in the meantime. That does nothing to pressure the organization, unless Mo secretly spends all of his free time here.

I still have faith as a supporter, that this group will find it's form sooner than later. We've had 4-5 new bodies playing as starters this season, and all of them have shown their quality in at least one of our three games (some more).

Last season a LOT of people said that our problem was a lack of consistency - our roster was a revolving door, our coach was new, etc. Let's give this team more than three games to prove their quality, before we start calling for more moves.

Depending on how this season goes, I could absolutely support sacking Mo, or possibly even Carver. But I'm resisting the urge to rush to judgment already. If you disagree, that's fine. Just a difference of opinion, and methods.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only played like crap but losing all physical battles.

Few 6-0 guys we have lack like 10-20 lbs in weight versus Seattle muscles. Except for Dichio, whopping 200+ lbs.

and harmes is scared of the ball, only Serioux and Dichio wins headers.

D Wynne 5-9
    D Harmes 6-0
    D Serioux 6-0
    D Brennan 6-0
    M Robinson 5-10
    M Ricketts 5-10 (M Cronin 5-10 46 min)
    M De Rosario 5-11
    M Guevara 5-11
    F Barret 5-11 (F Dichio 6-3 55 min)
    F Vitti 5-10 (M Smith 5-10)

vs

D Riley 5-10
    D Hurtado 6-0
    D Marshall 6-2
    D Scott 5-11
    M Alonso 5-11
    M Evans 6-1
    M Ljunderbg 5-9 (M Nyassi 5-8 78 min)
    F Zakuani 6-0 (M Sturgis 5-10 79 min)
    F Jaqua 6-4
    F Le Toux 6-0
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank god Liverpool won yesterday so the day wasn't completely ruined.

what a sorry excuse for a football team, i waited six months for this???? disgusting and disappointing all at the same time.

oh and i will never buy a $7 hotdog from BMO field ever again - it looked like one of those schneider's pepperette sticks and tasted like ass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that a single win against Dallas would fix anything. My point was that we need to move on. No need for the sarcastic "Socrates" stuff.

We need to put pressure on the team, when our record overwhelmingly calls for it.
    - Scott
    No harm intended re Socrates. It was meant to be more jovial than it came out.

I think our record calls for changes. We beat one of the worst teams in the league with a one-trick strategy (turn DeRo loose as a kind of libero). In the next two games, better teams stopped this, and exposed us as having no other capability or idea whatsoever out there.

I think if we wait 10 games, it'll be too late.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly don't think we shouldhave won yesterday. It was a terrible game. But, and I'm sure this has come up in the previous nine pages, the officiating was atrocious. Bad calls were made against both sides...really bad calls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have the video of the disallowed goal?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    Not only played like crap but losing all physical battles.

Few 6-0 guys we have lack like 10-20 lbs in weight versus Seattle muscles. Except for Dichio, whopping 200+ lbs.

and harmes is scared of the ball, only Serioux and Dichio wins headers.
    I think that was the big issue yesterday.. they totally bossed us in the air. Harmse didn't even bother jumping for 80% of his headers IIRC... Serioux clearly tried but couldn't overcome Jaqua most of the time. Vitti and Barrett just aren't big enough or good enough in the air to win any... so what bothers me was that we kept long balling against the wind to those two even though its clearly not working.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    he doesnt play, he's not the coach. What exactly are you expecting from him?
    I want him to jettison RR & sing a DP sweeper, oh yeah & explain why we sent Marshall packing & why a 1st year team had their way with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i miss tyrone. when the TO Reject chant came along, i'm sure he didn't care. he's better off,

Harmse is absolute shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    I want him to jettison RR & sing a DP sweeper, oh yeah & explain why we sent Marshall packing & why a 1st year team had their way with us.
    Mo trading Marshall for 100K could very well be the difference between us being a so-so team and a good team. It could possibly be the dumbest move in TFC history. 3 games and counting without even word of a replacement CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need another thread about "where is our CB?"

Maybe a sign for next week's game??

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by forza_tfc View Post
    I think it's as simple as that. Seattle put the right people in place from the top down, and were not afraid to pay for good players. Roth didn't mince words--he said he wanted a top team, and that's what he is getting.

This is bang on, seattle admittedly had an advantage because they had the base of a team to work with, they're more a promotion team than an expansion team, but they went out and picked up good players, and managed to get Schmid as coach, the coach of the regining champions.

We have never shown that kind of ambition, they said right from the start they were going to wait a few years to bring in a DP, which they still haven't done, when Mo replaced himslef as coach, he brought in someone with no experience of MLS and not even a good track record in the epl. Then after another bad year, they stick with them, make a few improvements, de Ro and Serioux are very good, Vitti's ok, but is going to be very frustrating, clearly skillful, but if he scores ten goals this year I'd be massively surprised.

We're slowly building something, and will hopefully make the playoffs, whereas Seattle went out and did what needed to be done, and look as if they want to win the league this year, and from the looks of it they have a chance.

Well done to them, but we're looking more and more like an mlse team, relax with the knowledge you've got good supporters and a season ticket waiting list who'll turn up anyway so you make a profit, do just enough so it looks like you're trying, but don't make the really big moves necessary to really compete.

I hope I'm wrong.