El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Player Quotes for upcoming Sounders Game

"The commissioner threw the gauntlet down to our fans saying how good the atmosphere was in Seattle," Carver said on Monday. "It was great in Seattle, but that was [a case of getting] bums on seats. We've got fans who sing and are right behind the team. There's a difference between getting people through the door and getting the crowd supporting the team. I'm looking forward to Saturday and [Seattle] see what a real atmosphere is like."

"The good news is that Carl didn't play for Wales so he didn't get injured and should be a bit fresher. I will assess how he is feeling and also see how Amado is. Hopefully they will be good to go. I've got a contingency in place if they aren't available."

"I'm really looking forward to this one," said captain Jim Brennan, a veteran of all three TFC home openers. "We've had high expectations this season. The squad is completely different from the ones in the first year and last year and I know the fans will be up for this one."

"I've got a lot of people coming out to show their support for me and the team so it will be very exciting for me," said De Rosario. "It will be a very special day for me and I'm looking very much forward to it and so are the rest of the guys on the team. It's my first home opener here so it's a proud moment for me and I really want to come out of the game with a good result to get off to a positive start in my home town and keep our streak going. It is important that everyone goes home happy and that we get the job done and win."

“I just had a bad game (in Columbus), I’ll be honest,” Barrett explained. “My touch wasn’t there which affects my work ethic. But I got my mind on straight again. If I get the start this week I am going to come in and work my tail off.”

“Seattle’s a little more international, like Toronto in a way,” Drew Carey said. “Soccer isn’t some weird sport to them, they recognize it as the great thing it is.”

Sounder player quotes: CLICK HERE
    Last edited by Damien; 04-03-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good find!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel bad saying it, but Drew Carey is awesome. such a great owner who really gets the MLS, and gets what the fan atmosphere is all about.
    He is a model for what other owners should be, and I am very happy he is in the league now.
    That being said, I am sensing something big from Barrett this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett? You think? Well, I hope so. He's certainly due. And you're right Drew Carey is pretty cool. I admire anyone who loves "gets" the wonderful game we call football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    I feel bad saying it, but Drew Carey is awesome. such a great owner who really gets the MLS, and gets what the fan atmosphere is all about.
    He is a model for what other owners should be, and I am very happy he is in the league now.
    That being said, I am sensing something big from Barrett this game.

I was sceptical about him, when I first hear that he would be involved but when I saw and heard his pre-season interview he turned me around. He is a great owner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"They've got a great fanbase out there but I don't think it's anything compared to what Toronto fans bring," Barrett said. "This was my most hated crowd to come to as an away player, but now that they're on my side it's awesome. I think the Seattle players that have been here, they're dreading coming to Toronto."

There's no doubt that Toronto had been the best crowd in the league. And they're obviously going to want to prove something to us and to themselves that they still could possibly have that title," Keller said. "I like that. I like going into that little bit of animosity. I kind of feed off of it. I'm hoping they have a big rowdy crowd, and we can make them real quiet."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I was sceptical about him, when I first hear that he would be involved but when I saw and heard his pre-season interview he turned me around. He is a great owner.
    Me too.

I lalso ike how he has passion for the game which is usually missing from most owners of professional sports teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck You Kasey Keller!!! I hope we shove 4 goals down your throat!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ happy memories of chanting "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!" at Sala in the south end after the 4th goal went in against Dallas in season 1...
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so fucking pumped!!! How am I going to get any work done with just 2 hours of my work week to go? Home opener - hope we get a win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arbogast View Post
    Me too.

I lalso ike how he has passion for the game which is usually missing from most owners of professional sports teams.
    He has been a huge supporter of American soccer for a long, long time. I remember way back reading about how he would travel all over the country to watch the USMNT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 105BallHats View Post
    Keller said. "[...] I'm hoping they have a big rowdy crowd, and we can make them real quiet."
    Oh no he didn't.... Bring it on Bitch! lol

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Seattle's side...

“It’s a little bit different pressure,” said goalkeeper and captain Kasey Keller. “We can go there and play spoilers, they like to say in England. We can just go and do what we need to do to get a result. I have no problem going into Toronto and not necessarily playing as well as we want to, but getting a result. It’s up to Toronto to make the game attractive for their fans. For us, it’s to just get points.”

“The first road trip will be a good test. We know they’re going to be sold out and they’ve seen our fan base so that might make it a little bit more rowdy. But we’ve got a lot of guys that have faced similar environments, so I’m sure we’ll be ready,” midfielder Brad Evans said.

“There’s confidence, but we won’t get too confident,” Evans said. “But you can’t argue with six points. We’re sitting nice right now, but there’s still 28 more games and 15 of them are on the road. Our crowd’s been behind us - it’s the talk of the league so far.”

Former Toronto defender Tyrone Marshall has been on both sides of the field at BMO Field and he said it would be a similar atmosphere to Seattle, though Qwest Field has been louder to this point.

“It’s going to be like that from Minute 1 to Minute 90,” Marshall said. “They’re going to want to prove that they are a better crowd than ours but we have to prove them wrong by scoring a couple of goals and taking the fans out of the game. At the end of the day, if we win the game, their fans can cheer as much as they want.”

“I’ve always felt that there are two things that are fun to do. One is to really get your home crowd excited and the other is to quiet down the away crowd,” Schmid said. “In this case silence is golden.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

“I just had a bad game (in Columbus), I’ll be honest,” Barrett explained. “My touch wasn’t there which affects my work ethic. But I got my mind on straight again. If I get the start this week I am going to come in and work my tail off.”
    It appears as though Chad's already forgotten how he did in Kansas City...
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, pretty self-absorbed. I'm sure that some people are thinking about the Seattle supporters, but seriously. Why would we give a shit about competing with there supporters when they aren't even in the stadium? I'm only worried about our players competing with their players.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    “Seattle’s a little more international, like Toronto in a way,” Drew Carey said. “Soccer isn’t some weird sport to them, they recognize it as the great thing it is.”
    Good find!

Seattle is not international. Their chinatown is the length of 5 stores. They have an international district but it's nothing compared to Toronto.

Drew Carey, your price is wrong!
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett's pass to the KC goalie is still one of the craziest batshit mental things I have ever seen in pro sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're going to give them a real taste of reality. They need to be dropped a notch. Nothing short of a drubbing will be a success for me. Having said that, Keller's still a top-notch keeper. We have to beat him early, and have to stay on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Barrett's pass to the KC goalie is still one of the craziest batshit mental things I have ever seen in pro sports.
    If it wasn't so sad, it'd be funny. Crazy. I had to watch it a few times to really understand how absurd it was. A brain fart on a stellar scale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This quote from Kasey Keller is really interesting, "It’s up to Toronto to make the game attractive for their fans. For us, it’s to just get points.”

For their first two home matches the Sounders have played attacking "attractive" soccer, while playing somewhat fast and loose in back. Does this mean Sigi is going to 'park the bus' in front of goal, especially if they don't have Montero?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a barett fan. I am look how huge that fucker is!!

He will be a monster for us!!

Work rate pays off. Chad if your listening.... Shut the doubters up!
    Pot one!!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I've got a lot of people coming out to show their support for me and the team so it will be very exciting for me," said De Rosario. "It will be a very special day for me and I'm looking very much forward to it and so are the rest of the guys on the team. It's my first home opener here so it's a proud moment for me and I really want to come out of the game with a good result to get off to a positive start in my home town and keep our streak going. It is important that everyone goes home happy and that we get the job done and win."
    God bless TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on the Guevera situation, Chat might not even get the start. Dicchio deserves to be in the starting line up with Vitti. They were much more effective than with Barrett.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive been pretty damn hard on Choky *cough* Chad* but FFS dont give me soo much to feed off of boi .... Vitti Keep up the hard work, same with dero but fuck! we all know you wanted to be a nfl kicker, just this isint the nfl! =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets show Seattle fans how it's done boys!!!! Wish I could be there!!

MUFC_Niagara

“I just had a bad game (in Columbus), I’ll be honest,” Barrett explained. “My touch wasn’t there which affects my work ethic. But I got my mind on straight again. If I get the start this week I am going to come in and work my tail off."
    That can never ever happen! If you are having an off game you should be the one working the hardest!

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by BallardSounder View Post
    This quote from Kasey Keller is really interesting, "It’s up to Toronto to make the game attractive for their fans. For us, it’s to just get points.”

For their first two home matches the Sounders have played attacking "attractive" soccer, while playing somewhat fast and loose in back. Does this mean Sigi is going to 'park the bus' in front of goal, especially if they don't have Montero?
    Thats what I am thinking. They would be very happy to escape with a point. 5 across the middle tomorrow?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    I am a barett fan. I am look how huge that fucker is!!

He will be a monster for us!!

Work rate pays off. Chad if your listening.... Shut the doubters up!
    Pot one!!
    I'm a Barett fan myself!!! I think he will have a monster year this season!

Ho Ho Ho It's Barrett!
    You knooooooow
    You better believe he will score!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel you on that one brah LOL!
    I'm feelin' pretty good right now if my name is OBW..... I'm just just sayin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still can't believe it