Code:

Dichio
         Guevara      DeRosario
    Robert                  Ricketts
                 Robinson
    Brennan   Tebily   Velez   Wynne
                   Sutton
    I have faith in Dichio.

Also we can deal Edu, his value is shrinking with each game he plays.

not bad i suppose, I don't care much for edu at the moment either, however that puts a lot of responsibility on robinson, I don't know how much the wingers will track back...

but all the same why would houston get rid of their best player, and that's prob not even where mcbride would want to go?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    It looks good but i think youre underestimating Edus value adn the direction hes headed in. Hes actually playing relatively well, its just hard to tell with all the other talent around him.
    No, he's really not.
    Why do people still defend him? Almost everyone understands his role, and he is not playing it well at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we've been playing that poorly defensively that you would either a) rid of him all together or b) replace him with the likes of Harmse?

Uh-uh, dont think so.
    Hes not going forward as much as last year and his passes arent as crisp but thats cuz hes still learning.
    Sorry man, not buying it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robinson's only here for another year or two, Edu can play sweeper for 10 years after that

Edu's young, and the goals he scored last year were heady wine, they've affected his game. It'll be OK.

Don't trade him!
    Last edited by ensco; 05-30-2008 at 07:34 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year Edu looked like a real gem. This year he looks like he's been reading his own press clippings along with RR.

Both have been very dissapointing. Hopefully Carver can get in their heads & help them step up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DP Striker
    Guevara DeRosario
    Robert Ricketts
    Robinson
    Brennan Tebily Velez Wynne
    Sutton

Now that's a good line-up!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManU4ever View Post
    That is a valid point although Garber seems to have a vested interest in seeing TFC succeed on the pitch as well as off the pitch. I don't see the league intervening as long as MoJo is reasonable in his negotiations with clubs interested in acquiring McBride...
    And to have the balls to sue the shit out of the league if they take a heavy handed rules change approach to screw us. A nice Bosman of the MLS kind of shitstorm!

-W.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extort!!! I hope this works out how we are planning it too lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what if we take Cuauhtemoc Blanco or Chad Barrett from them and some money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    what if we take Cuauhtemoc Blanco or Chad Barrett from them and some money
    Hehehe, in our collective dreams. I can see it now: Blanco quietly tells MLS to move him to Toronto or DC where his play will actually be appreciated. League flips our dp spot for their dp spot. Toronto wins the title walking away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    No, he's really not.
    Why do people still defend him? Almost everyone understands his role, and he is not playing it well at all.
    I agree completely. We also heard the same excuses last year about Carl Robinson. People kept on telling us that he really is playing well and that the only ones who think he isn't don't know football. Well look at him now. Compare his performance so far this year to last year. There is an obvious difference. This year it has become quite obvious that he is playing well. There is nothing subtle about it. Last year he was shit and this year he is above average MLS standard. If anyone really believed that he was good last year must think that he is EPL standard right now.

And I don't buy that 10 year plan thing either. Does anyone stick that long with a single team in the MLS? If Edu is still in the MLS for the next 10 years, I would be quite disappointed. He should be able to attract European interest even if he displays the same flashes of brilliance that he displayed last year. If he is unable to replicate that, I don't think he would be worth keeping anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no way we would get blanco....

I think that MLS will try and keep out of it unless they can't come to a deal. I have faith in Mo though to be able to pull something off.

Barrett or Rolf + major allocation (to fit under the cap next year) and maybe a low draft pick or two would make me really happy. We need depth at forward and it would take the pressure off having to sign a DP forward right away. We would need a U.S. roster space to fit in either of the two, so trade Cunny for what we can get. With some luck he will do well against the Gals so his trade value will go up.

And if the Fifa player rules are going to kick in for sure and we need a Canadian, Barrett or Rolfe may be the sort of bait needed to land Dero. Unfortunately we would still need a forward but a DP could look after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I was just thinking about a possible move. I would think that most teams right now would kill for the opportunity to sign McBride, while others, feel that they can sign McBride and get another team to pay up big for him. I propose we sign him, trade him to Dallas for Kenny Cooper ($58,000, 23 years old, 6'3 american international centre forward, who's playing teriffically right now) and Adrian Serioux (Canadian international, $125,000). They have a new coach who might want to shake things up in the locker room because Dallas has been underperforming. Honestly, I really think Cooper would be an awesome aquisition. If they want to sign him and keep him, then we trade them our DP for half the season, and get more allocation from them. McBride says he wants to play in MLS for a year and a half, why can't he play half a season for Dallas then move to Chicago?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper is a star who should be and will be a USMNT starter. You are dreaming.

I don't think they care much about Serioux, he's probably available but what we we do with him? We're loaded in MF
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as well as we have no room for players.
    we will be getting rid of Cunny for our DP striker (if we sign one).
    Basically id bet we are looking for allocations and draft picks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    And if the Fifa player rules are going to kick in for sure and we need a Canadian, Barrett or Rolfe may be the sort of bait needed to land Dero. Unfortunately we would still need a forward but a DP could look after that.

I wouldn't be too worried about that. The proposed 6+5 rule wouldn't affect MLS. Last I read some legal expert plainly stated that the rule would violate both U.S. and Canadian law.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by devioustrevor View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried about that. The proposed 6+5 rule wouldn't affect MLS. Last I read some legal expert plainly stated that the rule would violate both U.S. and Canadian law.
    How so? There's already limits on foreign players in MLS and look at the CFL...

Anyway, it'll be a few years before any such rule kicks in and when it does, it's likely to be gradual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as well as we have no room for players.
    we will be getting rid of Cunny for our DP striker (if we sign one).
    Basically id bet we are looking for allocations and draft picks
    yeah I wouldn't be surprised unless a 3 way deal is in the works. Unfortunately draft picks aren't as valuable to us as they are to the U.S teams so maybe they can be flipped for more allocation cash. Did anyone find out if O'brien White counts as a Canadian? Any Canadians in the upcoming draft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadview View Post
    How so? There's already limits on foreign players in MLS and look at the CFL...

Anyway, it'll be a few years before any such rule kicks in and when it does, it's likely to be gradual.
    It's likely to be non-existent. It violates international labour laws and free trade agreements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Cooper is a star who should be and will be a USMNT starter. You are dreaming.

I don't think they care much about Serioux, he's probably available but what we we do with him? We're loaded in MF

Exactly. He's making 58K a year. Is on a team that's doing shitty right now. Just had the coach fired, and the new one may shake up the team. I say why wait, this guy's already on of the best in MLS, so why don't we try and grab him while the stacks are in our favor, instead of signing him in 3 years, when he IS a USMNT starter and making 300K.

TFC RealDeal RPB

I can't see him playin for TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    Exactly. He's making 58K a year. Is on a team that's doing shitty right now. Just had the coach fired, and the new one may shake up the team. I say why wait, this guy's already on of the best in MLS, so why don't we try and grab him while the stacks are in our favor, instead of signing him in 3 years, when he IS a USMNT starter and making 300K.
    If Dallas were willing to trade him, I might be willing to move one of Edu or Wynne for him. Not saying I want to trade our guys, btw.

Cooper is that good.

But for McBride, or any other veteran on our team, or draft picks? No way they'll do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    yeah I wouldn't be surprised unless a 3 way deal is in the works. Unfortunately draft picks aren't as valuable to us as they are to the U.S teams so maybe they can be flipped for more allocation cash. Did anyone find out if O'brien White counts as a Canadian? Any Canadians in the upcoming draft?
    He does and you can bet hes on the radar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take Cooper in a heartbeat but even though FCD might be looking to shake things up as suggested, a Cooper for McBride deal wouldn't improve Dallas and likely wouldn't agree to it, much less with Serioux thrown in the mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kenny Cooper is a beast....there's no way in hell Dallas is trading him...not at that salary anyways.

Cooper's not meant for this league anyways, I could see him easily playing in Europe...easily. That is of course unless the salary cap goes up and we can pay players like him more money to stay.

If Chicago wants McBride, they're gonna have to obviously give up one of their forwards, because right now they have around a million of them...

Rolfe
    Carr
    Thorrington (kind of a mid)
    Frankowski
    Herron
    Barrett
    Nyarko

Barrett's not going anywhere, he's been great this year.

Rolfe is the player I want...but will they deal him is the question.

Carr is talented and would add more depth to our team...but I feel is not enough for Brian McBride.

The other possibility is getting a player like Justin Mapp who I believe is not playing as well as he has in the past. 2 things...I doubt Chicago want to trade him...secondly, although I think he's a great player, Im not sure where he'd play on our team tbh...he's kind of surplus at TFC, as strange as that is to say.

If we can swing a deal where we give them Cunningham (just to dump his salary) and Mcbride for allocation, Chris Rolfe and maybe Calen Carr....I think I'd be over the moon. Chris Rolfe is very versatile, soccer smart and can play on the shoulders of a bigger striker, or as the main guy himself (I believe).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate Carr.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where in our 18 man roster are these new players going to go?
    Even if we dump Cunny we only have one slot and 200k.
    What about our DP?
    Do we just not use our DP slot for the likes of Carr or Rolfe?

These are rhetorical questions btw, we dont have room for new players...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where in our 18 man roster are these new players going to go?
    Even if we dump Cunny we only have one slot and 200k.
    What about our DP?
    Do we just not use our DP slot for the likes of Carr or Rolfe?

These are rhetorical questions btw, we dont have room for new players...
    Ever heard of a trade...or waiving a player.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    Last year Edu looked like a real gem. This year he looks like he's been reading his own press clippings along with RR.

Both have been very dissapointing. Hopefully Carver can get in their heads & help them step up.
    Looks like Carver sorted one of them out. IMO RR was our man of the match yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    I hate Carr.
    Yeah, he's one of those guys -- plays with swagger, as if he could pull out Robinho-ish tricks, then is all-together mediocre. Like a pre-Beckham Landycakes, really.

Rolfe would be OK, but he's not enough on his own for McBride, especially when Chicago still needs a DP slot as well. I imagine the negotiations between TFC and the league are pretty intense right now. If they want our DP slot along with McBride's allocation, we'd better be getting something exceptional -- Barrett, Mapp and their first pick next year, plus cash, or something like that.

Here's the other issue: if we can't move some bodies (harmse? cunny, who might still be more of a threat than Barrett) how are we going to sign anyone.

May end out making more sense for Mo to either make McBride a 2-year DP deal he can't refuse (and note in doing so that Toronto-Chicago is a very short plane ride) or give up his rights to retain our allocation slot.

OR, we could sell the allocation slot, allow whomever gets it to sign or trade McBride to Chicago, get major cash back for it and splash it on a DP striker.

Lots of options.