Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread isn't about United, it's about Beckham. Any more of this shit and I'll start deleting posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^Wow. New board, new Shaughno
    Deleting posts!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Partner, Hopefully Beck's won't play, with alot of our key players away!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not just about Capello

A Beckham appearance is a big deal (precondition?) to the promoters of the T&T game
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneEric View Post
    ^^^^Wow. New board, new Shaughno
    Deleting posts!!

Gotta make a stand, man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not going to be here - end of!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad... it is always sweeter when you beat the best of the opposing squad. Sheesh, you guys look for the one-armed man in a fight too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    too bad... it is always sweeter when you beat the best of the opposing squad. Sheesh, you guys look for the one-armed man in a fight too?

No, I want results end of story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    No, I want results end of story.
    In that case... with the performance in Montreal and DC we are better off without Becks in the lineup.

My point was more around if we are aren't beating the best, it is tough to become the best (especially in a parity league like this). Sure beating up on teams missing their best players may get us into the playoffs but does it prepare them for the challenge of facing the best players there? Or then in Superliga / CCL where the quality of teams is decidely better? Playing against Becks and Landycakes isn't easy but it is great experience.

Granted, the bar for success is different depending on whose eyes you are looking through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Granted, I'd love to play the best quality game in game out, but when you have a seriously depleated roster. That shit goes out the window for me personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough, I am on board with that sentiment. Given that it is still fairly early on though it may help with deeping the bench experience for the run down the stretch in late months.

I understand the argument both ways though, pile up the points now to not have to worry too much later -OR- deepen experience on the bench so those players can step in at a later date.

Either way, I am all for getting results. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing some more goals (DP striker please uncle Mo) as my expectations of the squad going into the season weren't nearly as high as they are now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed there. When we have a full squad, damn right I want to beat the best. When we're missing almost half our starting XI, damn right I want results no matter how ugly it may be.

Experience can come through subs, doesn't have to be starting positions against the best players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, seeing our boys battling a full LA squad would not be fun. All the excitement of seeing Becks on the pitch would fade fast if we were getting our ass kicked. Luckily they'll be short starters as well...and I hope we can end the match with 3 points

Thank you for getting this thread back on topic!! This is a Toronto section of the board and a thread about Becks playing on Sat... frankly I don't care for a history lesson on other clubs

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MFBODD View Post
    Hey, seeing our boys battling a full LA squad would not be fun. All the excitement of seeing Becks on the pitch would fade fast if we were getting our ass kicked. Luckily they'll be short starters as well...and I hope we can end the match with 3 points

Thank you for getting this thread back on topic!! This is a Toronto section of the board and a thread about Becks playing on Sat... frankly I don't care for a history lesson on other clubs

our guys will take it up a notch, Becks or no Becks...Edwards will get his first start...come on Eddie clean sheet (not the ones columbus fans wear on their heads). buy the way who is edwards back up saturday in case something happens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneEric View Post
    And John Terry is still dehydrated from crying like a little bitch.

QFT I hate both of those teams, but I think I hate chelsea more,especially Terry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    our guys will take it up a notch, Becks or no Becks...Edwards will get his first start...come on Eddie clean sheet (not the ones columbus fans wear on their heads). buy the way who is edwards back up saturday in case something happens?

Second start. Edwards will get his SECOND start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    I imagine it will be David Monsalve. AFAIK he is still with the club. I have seen him at reserves matches this year anyways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Terry, Ashley Cole, Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, Owen Hargreaves, Wes Brown and Wayne Rooney will not make the trip to T &T!!!

meaning becks wont be in TO!

not like i care!!

3points is what i want!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want the three points too, I will be happy to see Becks during the all-star game, that will be an enjoyle time to watch him, without a TFC result at stake.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbix View Post
    But if you just call them United, how will we know which club you're talking about? It could be Newcastle United, or D.C. United, or Sheffield United, or Dundee United.

To be clear: I'm fine with calling them United, as long as people know who you're talking about, the same way I'm fine with people calling Toronto "FC" (EVEN THOUGH I DON'T!!!)
    Ahem......There's only ONE United!!!!

I don't think Beckham will play. It's a good thing for us but it's also a shame because I'm a huge fan of his and only got to see him walk into the stadium last year.

As for the rest of the whole arguement on this hijacked thread......my dick is bigger then yours and I can pee further.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Beckham playing?

Is he playing Saturday or is he away for England NT duty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is playing for England, he was not one of the 7 players England released for this game.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scyzor_tay View Post
    Is he playing Saturday or is he away for England NT duty?

yes he is, i heard he will be at shoeless on saturday too!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO

Fuck that min 5 character shit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldbeer View Post
    yes he is, i heard he will be at shoeless on saturday too!
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Answer ....

England squad for Trinidad

Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Joe Lewis (Peterborough).

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand ([COLOR=black! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif], Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), Stephen Warnock (Blackburn), David Wheater (Middlesbrough), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), David Beckham (LA Galaxy), David Bentley (Blackburn), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Aston Villa).

Forwards: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Dean Ashton (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth).

Released players: John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole (all Chelsea), Wayne Rooney, Owen Hargreaves, Wes Brown (all Manchester United).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again.
    Animals Eaten:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's playing!

for england

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landycakes is coming tho'.
    With Beckham there is no denying that he is genuinely nice guy and trying to raise the profile of the game in N America- which I applaud and encourage 100%.
    Would I taunt him the whole match? Yes.

Landycakes on the other hand is a complete and utter twat who is easy to wind up.
    Will I taunt him the whole match? Bloody right.

Pink streamers are called for! Get down to your friendly neighbourhood dollar store, folks! You know what to do.