Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Onward! - Good signs in a grinding game

A bit rah-rah, because I'm having trouble finding stuff to be negative about.

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/03/30/g...grinding-game/

Onward! // Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again, very insightful piece Ben. Clearly, we have not yet fully melded as a team. Really, for all our long throw-ins and corners kicks, how many good chances do we get from them. Rickitts and Barrett need to sit the next game as Danny D and Vitti deserve to start. Sutton must be the starting goalie as he literally saved our butts twice in the second half.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sutton did do well second half. But i haven't seen one missed step by Frei so far. If he's healthy, I start frei

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Knight View Post
    A bit rah-rah, because I'm having trouble finding stuff to be negative about.
    Onward! // Ben
    You could have done what a lot of the "tabloid press" did and go for the nothing to do with the game reports about the "rioting" after the match.

But then again... you are a knowlegeable soccer reporter who attends games and knows the reality of what game days are like.

Thanks again for sticking to the facts and great reporting on the "beautiful game". The alcohol driven circus that sometimes occurs is a sidebar that the authorities need to address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is more like it Ben - sorry for riding you last week, but I wanted this Ben back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing about Sutton. Played his best in a TFC kit last game with respect to choosing when to come off his line and when to stay put - although I do recall one mixup with Velez. That said, he still looks a bit unsure of himself with his distribution (to me he looked a bit jumpy and a split second away from making a dumb pass...although to his credit he didn't), and still refuses to make the extra touch on a pass back (if time permits) - which scares the jeebers out of me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good article, pretty apt, i definitely thought the DeRo shooting was a good point.