Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Barbarez

Default Unruly fans, your days are done. Big Brother is watching

"Is there a drunk slob in the row behind you? Flapping his Raiders flag into your cranium over and over? Smelling like he bathes in Jack Daniel's and cursing more than Amy Winehouse?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4012452

Coming to BMO, near you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doubt it !

MUFC_Niagara

"Lady in turquoise tank is flipping people off and cursing sec 235 row 14."

"Section 446 Guy is trying to fight everyone -- send someone to remove him please."

"This is ridiculous. We are being spit on from the 254 section."

"Drunk guy passed out in my seat & can't wake him up sec 442."

"Guy in black jacket is exposing himself to people. Section 408 row 4 seat 7. He has spikey hair."

I dunno Barbie, of those texts I don't see one that looks unreasonable.

Barbarez

been confirmed...it is coming to BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc007 View Post
    doubt it !

Paul already said they were looking into it.

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post
    "Lady in turquoise tank is flipping people off and cursing sec 235 row 14."

"Section 446 Guy is trying to fight everyone -- send someone to remove him please."

"This is ridiculous. We are being spit on from the 254 section."

"Drunk guy passed out in my seat & can't wake him up sec 442."

"Guy in black jacket is exposing himself to people. Section 408 row 4 seat 7. He has spikey hair."

I dunno Barbie, of those texts I don't see one that looks unreasonable.
    Those are just examples in the shitty article, where does it stop though...
    somebody doesnt like you for some reason and makes up bullshit, you're gone!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know,now we can get rid of all tourists and soccer moms in our sections.
    Just text,need help in sec # ,to many ppl are sitting and talking about work,please clean up row 6 and 9.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good thing to me. Hold people accountable for their actions.

If some guy chucks a beer and sprays a whole section or he's too drunk to stand up, he doesn't deserve to be there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy in black jacket is exposing himself to people. Section 408 row 4 seat 7. He has spikey hair.

uhhh ...they referring to the hair on his head or the hair ...

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Good to know,now we can get rid of all tourists and soccer moms in our sections.
    Just text,need help in sec # ,to many ppl are sitting and talking about work,please clean up row 6 and 9.

lol thats what they want...you, sitting down, quiet not making any noise drinking your 12$ carlsberg and eating your $6 hotdog
    mlsintoronto, you look into this or this comes to BMO you're even a bigger wanker then i thought...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone got thrown out for swearing and making hand gestures It would be a sad sign of things to come. Footie and swearing are like pb and jam.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a 'service' that they are using. From my perspective the south end should be fine but non supporter areas may have some challenges.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarez View Post
    mlsintoronto, you look into this or this comes to BMO you're even a bigger wanker then i thought...
    why the chip on your shoulder? Oh right....

I'm sure the plan is to alert security to a problem, but you can't get ejected unless they actually see you do something or have someone complain in real life.

Besides... how many "Please bring pizza to 112" messages do you think they'll get a game? 1000?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

I'm sure the plan is to alert security to a problem, but you can't get ejected unless they actually see you do something or have someone complain in real life.

Besides... how many "Please bring pizza to 112" messages do you think they'll get a game? 1000?
    "unless they actually see you do something"

then why bother with tattletale txting at all if they have to see it? I dont remember reading that in the article...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is just an easier way to enforce existing rules.

fact is you could always go to an usher to complain about people in your area, and they would deal with the problem person or call security.

not too mention, the person complaining is less likely to be harassed by the friends of the person being complained about because they won't necessarily know who complained

and as PB has said, if you are one of those people, you'll get fair warning before being tossed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

I agree. This service being investigated and being implemented are two different things and far apart from and actual decision on doing something like this. I guess if MLSE feels there is a real need for this to address problems in the stands we could see it.

I can also see how, if implemented properly, this could be another useful tool. By being alerted to a possible problem in the stands security can be proactive rather than reactive.

Scenario: Security/Facility people receive a text. Notify security in that area to investigate by watching that area or person. They note of there really is problem fan or not. If so, address the fan and ask them to change their behavior. If they decide not to comply then they are dealt with.

Somehow I don't think they'll just toss someone based on an anonymous text.

Since I'm not s dick to anyone around me I have nothing to worry about anyway ... so I could really care less if they did this or not.
    Last edited by Suds; 03-26-2009 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbarez, I enjoy your posts, you make some really good points, we do live in a free country but the man is intruding on our civil liberties everywhere....but I think this is actually a good idea.

Suggestion: get to know the security guys in your section. Help them to know whether a text msg received is worth checking into, or not.

Peace.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"unless they actually see you do something"

then why bother with tattletale txting at all if they have to see it? I dont remember reading that in the article...

from the article

"Okay, so maybe you're thinking: This is just more Big Brother in our lives, the further creation of the surveillance state. But fans aren't getting thrown out without proof. At many stadiums, when a text comes in to security, a closed-circuit camera is put on the very seat in question to see what the problem is. If the guy in the Abominable Snowman costume really is clubbing people with his Styrofoam head, somebody will be there pronto."

Barbarez

hi security, theres people in 112 that dont belong here. Please hurry. Row 1-20.

Now you're kicking out people that make that section but werent able to get tickets there for whatever reason. Now, most people in 112 know each other so they let it slide but what about that casual who comes once in a while and doesnt like it?
    Last edited by Barbarez; 03-26-2009 at 07:36 AM.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ who is?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another example in the article: "Huge guy, refuses to sit down, drinking too much, everyone yelling at him."

LOL

Not sure about this ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thats what they want...you, sitting down, quiet not making any noise drinking your 12$ carlsberg and eating your $6 hotdog
    I think, to a certain degree, they are selling the "atmosphere" as much as they are selling the football. So far they have been very intellegent on how they deal with the supporters groups and I don't expect that to change.

As concerning as a tattletale system is (see Nazi Germany 1938 - oh yes, I went straight to the Nazi reference), this one is based upon the social norms of the people around you. If you are in a section where people don't mind profanity, then no one will rat you out for using it. If you are surrounded by some kids soccer team then you shouldn't be using profanity anyway. In some sections it might be appropriate to send them a message saying "some guy is texting on his blackberry instead of watching the game - kick him out!"

Barbarez - You have shown that you have the ability to modify your behavior when asked to do so on this board. You should be able to do that at the stadium too. You only have to be as good as the guys next to you.
    Last edited by TFC John; 03-26-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    If you arsurrounded by some kids soccer team then you shouldn't be using profanity anyway.
    Why not - have you heard the language these kids use? I spent a lot of time in a school last year while I was on parental leave; let me tell you that the language and things I heard made the office extremely tame!

Barbarez

I just dont like this sneaking around and 'watching'...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once saw a sign on a church billboard that said "An example is a lesson that everyone can see". That's about the only thing I've learned from a church. Still, if you don't show kids you can communicate without profanity what will our future be like? Profanity has its place, but it loses it's effect if you use it all the fuckin' time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my new plates arrived.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And hidden in there, is some odd deep-seated belief that profanity is in itself bad - rather than simply being contextual.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, you're the one driving around with that car!

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    my new plates arrived.

yeah this whole plan was put in place to make sure people were sitting during games right Paul? You've been out to get us supporters groups since day one!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    my new plates arrived.

Is it true that you put the PB in the PB&J? Or did you just use the PB to gain a higher status with your peers?