View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 98 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gareth Wheeler@WheelerTSN 24m
    Leiweke on BMO Field - working on things that will reshape and shock in a positive way. #TFC @TSN1050Radio

Gareth Wheeler@WheelerTSN 18m
    Sounds like big things are in the works for #BMO. Leiweke using the word shock suggests bigger plans than initially expected. #TFC

Says they are talking to the Feds and all levels of government. No timetable given. Says you'll have to wait and see. #TFC #BMOField

Here we go again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Gareth Wheeler@WheelerTSN 24m
    Leiweke on BMO Field - working on things that will reshape and shock in a positive way. #TFC @TSN1050Radio

Sounds like big things are in the works for #BMO. Leiweke using the word shock suggests bigger plans than initially expected. #TFC

Says they are talking to the Feds and all levels of government. No timetable given. Says you'll have to wait and see. #TFC #BMOField

Here we go again

Don't you just love being #SHOCKED by this team? that always goes so well.

But in all honesty, if this means Leiweke somehow got us a better deal or a better stadium design then why not wait a little bit.

Could be anything though. Fingers crossed.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bigger plans?

Are they moving Woodbine Racetrack to BMO? Should be ok though. Horses don't go east/west or north/south… they just go around in circles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Don't you just love being #SHOCKED by this team? that always goes so well.

But in all honesty, if this means Leiweke somehow got us a better deal or a better stadium design then why not wait a little bit.

Could be anything though. Fingers crossed.
    iirc he previously mentioned a Raptors training facility on primetime sports a few months back. That was not part of the initial proposal to council. Perhaps it is now?

either way, hope it's functional and sexy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're remodelling the useless dugout which gets flooded from a slight drizzle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    iirc he previously mentioned a Raptors training facility on primetime sports a few months back. That was not part of the initial proposal to council. Perhaps it is now?

either way, hope it's functional and sexy.
    Don't the raptors have a training facility in ACC?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Don't the raptors have a training facility in ACC?
    Yes, but they're trying to build a new facility for them like TFC with the KTG. The current facility at the ACC will be converted into a restaurant/nightclub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Yes, but they're trying to build a new facility for them like TFC with the KTG. The current facility at the ACC will be converted into a restaurant/nightclub.
    Which will be sponsored and promoted by Drake!

Really!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they have been getting flack about the roof design so maybe he took the hint and they are figuring out a way to at least close off the backs. They could also be trying to upgrade the extras by adding a real restaurant/bar.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this was the night to bury bad news......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has there been any stadium info since Ralph Wilson passed away?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2014/0...e-on-tsn-1050/

Tim's interview on TSN1050 yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's going to be a provincial election next month. So I wonder how this upcoming election going to affect BMO field expansion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    There's going to be a provincial election next month. So I wonder how this upcoming election going to affect BMO field expansion.
    Tories win - money for BMO gets buried in a budget line but happens (Tories get a lot of their funding from the construction industry)

NDP or Libs win - money for BMO happens under PAN AM budget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Tories win - money for BMO gets buried in a budget line but happens (Tories get a lot of their funding from the construction industry)

NDP or Libs win - money for BMO happens under PAN AM budget
    What happens if we get a minority government almost exactly the same as we have now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    well a few options can occur.

If the funding request is set up through a existing program not effected by the dissolution of parliament and that process is already under consideration it may go through anyway, but wouldn't be announced until after the election I would assume.

Any one of the three parties getting a majority means it would likely go through fairly early in the first budget, as they have a long term mandated and its a small amount of money, and making MLSE happy can be a good thing.

If it is a weak minority... gone. BMO stays as is,

If it is a strong minority who knows.

I have no idea

Big factors is how negative an attack campaign will the NDP and Tories run. And will that effect voter turn out significantly.
    Last edited by Kaz; 05-02-2014 at 03:55 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    What happens if we get a minority government almost exactly the same as we have now?
    Whoever wins will do it in the same way I suggested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Bigger plans?

Are they moving Woodbine Racetrack to BMO? Should be ok though. Horses don't go east/west or north/south… they just go around in circles.

Gold.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they could bring back CNE stock car racing. Panel over the end seating to create banked corners.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Maybe they could bring back CNE stock car racing. Panel over the end seating to create banked corners.
    How about golf during the midweek? A nice little 9 hole course could add value to the area.

Or an off-leash dog park?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After attending another crappy weather game at BMO after 7 seasons now I have just about had enough of this mistake by the lake 2. The reason we live in Toronto and surrounding area is not because of the weather, you are lucky if during the TFC season you get maybe one or two games where the weather is good, if it's not raining it's windy or it's windy and raining it's very seldom sunny with no wind. Therefore, if we are going to renovate this nightmare of a stadium then put a proper bloody roof covering all of the stands not some of the stands and make sure it's enclosed meaning no open spaces on the sides on the back from the ceiling to the ground. Just go look at a proper roof on any European stadium and copy it. If they are going to do it then do it right, I have had enough of fighting the elements every bloody game on top of the crap we have to put up with on the field every year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    After attending another crappy weather game at BMO after 7 seasons now I have just about had enough of this mistake by the lake 2. The reason we live in Toronto and surrounding area is not because of the weather, you are lucky if during the TFC season you get maybe one or two games where the weather is good, if it's not raining it's windy or it's windy and raining it's very seldom sunny with no wind. Therefore, if we are going to renovate this nightmare of a stadium then put a proper bloody roof covering all of the stands not some of the stands and make sure it's . and copy it. If they are going to do it then do it right, I have had enough of fighting the elements every bloody game on top of the crap we have to put up with on the field every year!
    im with you....ive been to 90% of the home games...u can count on one hand when we had a great day to watch a game,saying that getting the odd win and scoring more then one goal per game would be nice...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The complaints aren't quite so shrill when we win in rain and wind. Separates the men from the boys.

I enjoyed myself today, as did the season seat holders around us because we've learned to dress appropriately and do so. We'd happily live without a roof if it meant no stadium share with a CFL team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, in 8 seasons now we have not been winning and winning is beside the point here when it comes to a proper stadium based on the climate we live in, we need a proper stadium for a city like Toronto first of all, something we can all be proud of when we walk into it. I understand for a selected few the elements don't matter, however, this club is a business and like any business anything to keep the people coming back is the goal. Moreover, let's hope in the rebuild they put more men's washrooms for heavens sake, lining up to go to the bathroom and having to miss most of the half is not what I paid for. Seriously why would people in the future want to attend any sporting event in a stadium when your experience is diminished with so many negatives due to the facility the event is being held at. Like I have stated before now that they have decided to renovate let's hope they do it right and not some half ass renovation because if that's what they do then they might as well just keep it the way it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The complaints aren't quite so shrill when we win in rain and wind. Separates the men from the boys.

I enjoyed myself today, as did the season seat holders around us because we've learned to dress appropriately and do so. We'd happily live without a roof if it meant no stadium share with a CFL team.
    If there's more boys than men willing to pay good money though it makes no business sense to not renovate the stadium. Personally I'm sick of sitting through the rain watching shitty football (particularly yesterday). If you want to prove how manly you are because you can stand out in the rain for two hours, go and watch park football. You can't sign players like Defoe and Bradley then make them play in front of a High School stadium, and I think the management sees this.

The club is doing this right. We need a roof, we need bigger concourses and we need more toilets. If it comes at the cost of the Argos moving in then so be it.

Many people on here think everything is done with the south stand supporters at the centre of it. In fact, those supporters pay the lowest prices, so the club don't have their interests high up the priority list. If you want to play the 'loyal' fan card, that's great and good luck to you. But without these improvements to BMO the business model is killed off and you want have a team to support anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It happens every year on the same weekend. I'm sure they could plan for this in some way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post
    If there's more boys than men willing to pay good money though it makes no business sense to not renovate the stadium. Personally I'm sick of sitting through the rain watching shitty football (particularly yesterday). If you want to prove how manly you are because you can stand out in the rain for two hours, go and watch park football. You can't sign players like Defoe and Bradley then make them play in front of a High School stadium, and I think the management sees this.

The club is doing this right. We need a roof, we need bigger concourses and we need more toilets. If it comes at the cost of the Argos moving in then so be it.

Many people on here think everything is done with the south stand supporters at the centre of it. In fact, those supporters pay the lowest prices, so the club don't have their interests high up the priority list. If you want to play the 'loyal' fan card, that's great and good luck to you. But without these improvements to BMO the business model is killed off and you want have a team to support anymore.
    Thanks, Norris.

Most of my companions enjoying Saturday at the game were women, so it's not really anything do with being macho. It's a piece of cake to plan and dress properly on game day. The roof isn't going to do anything to improve the quality of play. It won't change the DNA of MLSE. If it rains once it's installed, the pitch will still be wet and heavy and players like Defoe and Gilberto will not find it best suited to their skill sets.

Somehow, here in the colonies, MLB, the NFL and CFL manage to draw great crowds to uncovered stadia, even in inclement weather - your Buffaloes, Green Bays, Pittsburghs, Clevelands, Calgaries, Edmonchuks and Montreals. When summer comes, it's nice to be enjoying a day out in the open air. As for whibbling about washroom capacity and concourses, the simple solution is to arrive a bit earlier to do your eating and drinking.

It's a two hour event, start to finish. TWO. HOURS. We don't leave our seats once we arrive at them. It's not hard to get in a fairly festive pre-game round of eats and drinks - even the odd toke - all the better when it's outside the grounds and we're not paying exorbitant sums to eat stadium food or drink what someone else thinks we should drink. Bierzo over beer for us.

Have a whizz before the game, a Mars bar at half time, if needed, and two hours passes by quite comfortably and companionably with good value galore. I'll pass along your advice to the girls. If you want to furnish us with any of her Majesty, the Queen's recipes for grilled Corgie - she and her brood are Gooners, too - we'll try and work it into the game day menu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Norris.

Most of my companions enjoying Saturday at the game were women, so it's not really anything do with being macho. It's a piece of cake to plan and dress properly on game day. The roof isn't going to do anything to improve the quality of play. It won't change the DNA of MLSE. If it rains once it's installed, the pitch will still be wet and heavy and players like Defoe and Gilberto will not find it best suited to their skill sets.

Somehow, here in the colonies, MLB, the NFL and CFL manage to draw great crowds to uncovered stadia, even in inclement weather - your Buffaloes, Green Bays, Pittsburghs, Clevelands, Calgaries, Edmonchuks and Montreals. When summer comes, it's nice to be enjoying a day out in the open air. As for whibbling about washroom capacity and concourses, the simple solution is to arrive a bit earlier to do your eating and drinking.

It's a two hour event, start to finish. TWO. HOURS. We don't leave our seats once we arrive at them. It's not hard to get in a fairly festive pre-game round of eats and drinks - even the odd toke - all the better when it's outside the grounds and we're not paying exorbitant sums to eat stadium food or drink what someone else thinks we should drink. Bierzo over beer for us.

Have a whizz before the game, a Mars bar at half time, if needed, and two hours passes by quite comfortably and companionably with good value galore. I'll pass along your advice to the girls. If you want to furnish us with any of her Majesty, the Queen's recipes for grilled Corgie - she and her brood are Gooners, too - we'll try and work it into the game day menu.
    That's all very good, but again, most TFC supporters aren't like you or I. They are families or people who aren't really up for drinking solid or 'having a toke'. They are people that (rightly or wrongly) that want something above what we have now. With the exception of Montreal (who have a roof) non of those cities have MLS teams, its a completely different demographic of supporter.

And arriving early to use the washroom or concession stands isn't the answer or the problem. Its half time that's a mess. I'm willing to pay the prices the club charges for food and drink, but I'm not willing to line up and miss the start of the second half. People on here seem to think no one buys food inside the ground, or that everyone is up in arms about the price. Its really not that true.

Thanks for the patronising answer though. Having been to the Lane on a number of occasions I can see why you're happy to put up with second-rate facilities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal's roof is more cosmetic than practical. It doesn't cover much.

Does anyone have a good idea of how many rows will be guaranteed a dry experience with a roof at BMO? With the wind by the lake, my guess is anywhere from the first 10-20 rows are still vulnerable to the elements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    Montreal's roof is more cosmetic than practical. It doesn't cover much.

Does anyone have a good idea of how many rows will be guaranteed a dry experience with a roof at BMO? With the wind by the lake, my guess is anywhere from the first 10-20 rows are still vulnerable to the elements.
    Based on those images that MLSE released, they look pretty wide. A very similar look to a lot of British stadiums. In my experience, it normally means the front 3 or 4 rows will get wet regardless. If the wind is really whipping then maybe the first 7 or so. I remember being at Pride Park (Derby) about 12 years ago and the first 4 rows got soaked. Pride Park is more like one of those common flatpack stadiums you see in the UK