View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 70 of 163 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To that list, I'd add

6) Get the bathrooms right.
    7) North end should be a supporter section with standing allowed. (Family zone area?)
    8) Transit options to reduce parking issues.

#7 might be arguable but should be asked for. Otherwise, its going to be a glorified beer tent.
    #8 is a very good point as well.
    I'd definitely add that to my list.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I don't have much faith MLSE can pull it off. I am sure there will able to meet most of those demands, but seats being pushed back permanently (west and east stands) to make room for CFL field is major concern for me.
    I don't recall reading that anywhere that the East and West stands would be further away. Just curious where did you read that? I keep hearing TL say same sightlines would be there for soccer when I read stuff about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think these are all as simple as they first sound. Sightlines for soccer for example. Even lines on the pitch. They can say there won't be lines until the cows come home. Can they guarantee there won't be? Can a penalty of some sort be imposed if there are? How far would they go to guarantee it? People doing a public consultation only get the point when they hear the same messages over and over so we should be saying these things. There will also likely be media there (Larson tweeted that this meeting is happening) - it makes their story much easier if they can say TFC supporters are saying A, B and C.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    #8 is a very good point as well.
    I'd definitely add that to my list.
    That is one of my big concerns. They did pass a motion just now that would have MLSE work with the city on the traffic and transportation issue. Hope something positive comes out of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don't think these are all as simple as they first sound. Sightlines for soccer for example. Even lines on the pitch. They can say there won't be lines until the cows come home. Can they guarantee there won't be? Can a penalty of some sort be imposed if there are? How far would they go to guarantee it? People doing a public consultation only get the point when they hear the same messages over and over so we should be saying these things. There will also likely be media there (Larson tweeted that this meeting is happening) - it makes their story much easier if they can say TFC supporters are saying A, B and C.
    Agreed 100%
    The points need to be driven home hard, over and over.

I like your thinking about an accountability aspect.
    It's a very good point that should be brought up as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have much faith MLSE can pull it off. I am sure there will able to meet most of those demands, but seats being pushed back permanently (west and east stands) to make room for CFL field is major concern for me.
    There's no plans for this happening

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    Rob Ford voted against the motion in Exective Council.
    Did he speak to the motion or just vote? I went through #topoli and they are all jumping up and down about crack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He always votes against things that involve the city spending money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A CFL pitch is narrower than a soccer pitch so the west and east stands should not be affected.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/03/19/ex...xpansion-plan/

Yeah, looking at this, the Ford vote against was him keeping to his "never vote for money to be spent" thing. He voted for the transit discussions (which is money being spent but, hey...).
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-19-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    A CFL pitch is narrower than a soccer pitch so the west and east stands should not be affected.
    You're right. I was reading CFL field measurement based on yards not metres which threw me off their field size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right. I was reading CFL field measurement based on yards not metres which threw me off their field size.
    True. Do have some concerns about 100 players and personnel standing on the sidelines which will be the edges of the soccer pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't recall reading that anywhere that the East and West stands would be further away. Just curious where did you read that? I keep hearing TL say same sightlines would be there for soccer when I read stuff about it.
    this isn't happening.. a CFL field is several metres narrow that the current BMO Pitch. (60m vs 68m) that means there would actually be a good 13 feet more space.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I RSVPed. It would be great if there was some sort of consensus message that people on the board who are going can deliver on Saturday. Not sure what that is. It looks like this is going ahead, so saying no to the whole idea doesn't seem workable. What's the best possible deal for soccer/TFC fans in this since it's happening?
    We are pleased with the current football experience.

Our concerns deal with:

- Visual evidence of pointy ball - lines or logos on the field
    - Obstructions to the view (ie poles, hanging lines and wires etc)
    - Damage to the pitch
    - Extreme changes in price structure due to new stands - unfair for those paying 1 price point for 8 years all of a sudden being jumped a couple of price points.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO is 68 metres wide a CFL field is 65 yards..

68 yards is still wider then 65 yards.
    68 metres are still wider then 65 metres?

what were you reading?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they Should Leave BMO Field the way it is!!! No CFL FootBall, it will ruin the Pitch!!! but in the Future they Should Think about Building a New Stadium at Downsview Airbase, Near the TFC Training Grounds!!! With the New Subway going in,it will be Good for Everyone :-)
    Last edited by TFC&MCU Nino; 03-19-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be going. I'll want the 2 following points addressed and firm answers.

1. Paint/lines - TL has said "[As for the lines], there are now ways to do lines that are a paint-based concept where the paint literally can be taken right off and you’d never know it was there" name of the company/product and examples that exisit.
    2. Hybrid - Is Desso the supplier and what assurances have they given that the surface will hold up to regular soccer/gridiron use.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I cannot make this meeting but if someone could pass the question below on that would be greatly appreciated:

"Is it possible to have the grass turf stay in place for TFC, and have the Argos store a roll a field turf available to be placed on top of the pitch for their games that then can be removed quickly enough for TFC?"
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he speak to the motion or just vote? I went through #topoli and they are all jumping up and down about crack.
    I think he just voted.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to actually SEE a shared stadium situation where soccer doesn't have to cope with visible remnants of football lines.

Tim Leiweke is all but guaranteeing that it's do-able. Well, then, show us. Give us pictures, videos and comments from grounds keeping personnel as to how this task is is easily and efficiently performed. Above all, I'd like to hear how well it's working from satisfied customers currently experiencing this wonderful achievement.

Right now, we have a decent stadium set-up. It's not perfect, but it's ours and it works to present the game we love in fine fashion. Better than any soccer stadium situation we've ever had before in this city. I could live without the roof if it meant keeping BMO Field strictly for soccer. If the Leafs need 40k for an outdoor game four years hence, then there's a score of short term, affordable solutions to make that happen.

The presence of the Argos on a grass playing surface is a recipe for disaster. You might be seeing Tim Leiweke speak, but I'm hearing this guy:

Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 03-19-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    1) No fake turf
    2) Pitch quality for TFC games (still not convinced on how this will work...)
    3) Proper sight lines for soccer
    4) No football lines or logos visible for TFC games
    5) Branding & Decor of stadium - NO BLUE!
    very good points.

Another concern about the pitch is, maybe they can change pitch in good condition when the season schedules are planned for the season in advance in order to space out Argo games and TFC games giving the pitch a week to get better, but can they get the pitch ready if say Argos all of a sudden have a playoff game on a Sunday and we have a schedule season game on Wednesday??? can they change it in 3 days in good condition? or what if Toronto FC had a game on Satruday and then Argos have a playoff game on THE NEXT DAY? or what if Argos have a game on Sunday in August and then all of a sudden we have a Champions League game on Wednesday? can they plan things like playoffs and Champion League games ahead of time? can they change the pitch that quick??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everyone's points totally. One thing for me to0, for all the money they are planning to spend, and the poison pill of having the Argos share it, this better be a fucking nice soccer stadium when it is done. To me Red Bull Arena is the litmus test in MLS. The stands are close to the pitch, they are on a steep incline, it is totally enclosed all the way around, the stands go all the way around with no gaps, the roof really keeps the sound in and it looks cool. Approaching it and being in it makes you feel like you are seeing a big time soccer club. That's what this reno better do. I know we won't get RBA, but it has to be damn close for this money and the shit of having the Argos in it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wondering how they are going to have facilities (washrooms and concessions) in the south and north ends when the stands are going to be moving that much back and forth. If they make permanent facilities away from the moving stands then what does that mean for the road directly behind in the south and the patio area over to the Food Building in the north. I guess the type of moving seating will determine what needs to be done. Will be some undertaking to make it functional. Hope they take the opportunity to solve the washroom lineup issue. Not holding my breath though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot make this meeting but if someone could pass the question below on that would be greatly appreciated:

"Is it possible to have the grass turf stay in place for TFC, and have the Argos store a roll a field turf available to be placed on top of the pitch for their games that then can be removed quickly enough for TFC?"
    Asking this, for me, is pointless.. as TL will say that everything's possible, promising us the moon.

At the end of the day, he isn't an expert on the subject, and he shouldn't be acting like one, nor like they are sparing no expense to make this work; there's a tight budget, hence the old-school feel to preliminary designs.

Having said that, I can't imagine how what you've suggested WOULDN'T be detrimental for a proper footy pitch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I am wondering how they are going to have facilities (washrooms and concessions) in the south and north ends when the stands are going to be moving that much back and forth... .
    The concourse level of the west side is going to be built out to encircle the field.

North and South stands will fold out below that concourse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The concourse level of the west side is going to be built out to encircle the field.

North and South stands will fold out below that concourse.
    That makes more sense than what I was picturing in my limited brain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everyone's points totally. One thing for me to0, for all the money they are planning to spend, and the poison pill of having the Argos share it, this better be a fucking nice soccer stadium when it is done. To me Red Bull Arena is the litmus test in MLS. The stands are close to the pitch, they are on a steep incline, it is totally enclosed all the way around, the stands go all the way around with no gaps, the roof really keeps the sound in and it looks cool. Approaching it and being in it makes you feel like you are seeing a big time soccer club. That's what this reno better do. I know we won't get RBA, but it has to be damn close for this money and the shit of having the Argos in it.
    That's been my point. To take the chance this is totally going to mess up the stadium for soccer, at least make it a nice stadium. This is nothing more than a minimal improvement, with the main goals being brining in CFL football and hosting winter classics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I can point out, the Argos won't be playing at BMO field each year until halfway through TFC's season. I have concerns about laying/removing the lines on the field come CFL playoff time in November, but that's about it. As long as TFC doesn't play more than 6 days after an Argo's game, I think the grass can recover. Admittedly, having the Argos at BMO field would be greater use of the asset with more chances to make money. There is no way this does not make sense for MLSE from a business perspective, assuming they can avoid alienating both fanbases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    very good points.

Another concern about the pitch is, maybe they can change pitch in good condition when the season schedules are planned for the season in advance in order to space out Argo games and TFC games giving the pitch a week to get better, but can they get the pitch ready if say Argos all of a sudden have a playoff game on a Sunday and we have a schedule season game on Wednesday??? can they change it in 3 days in good condition? or what if Toronto FC had a game on Satruday and then Argos have a playoff game on THE NEXT DAY? or what if Argos have a game on Sunday in August and then all of a sudden we have a Champions League game on Wednesday? can they plan things like playoffs and Champion League games ahead of time? can they change the pitch that quick??
    The Argos can't all of a sudden have a playoff game. Every year the most they can do is play one game at home on one of two Sundays known 5 months in advance. Lieweke said the football lines will not be on for a soccer matches. He and the CFL aren't concerned with soccer lines showing up at Argo games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    ... He and the CFL aren't concerned with soccer lines showing up at Argo games.
    It should be noted that a few Argo fans have gone batty over that potential already, mostly from seeing such lines in yellow on Calgary and Hamilton's turf.

I got no sympathy.

TL has gone on record as saying TFC games will be at least 5-6 days after an Argo game whereas Argo games could be the next day after a TFC game. Very workable if the Friday Night CFL games are 8 days before a TFC home match.

Which brings up another point - I could see MLSE watching a rambunctious summertime Argo Friday night game and going.....Hmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-19-2014 at 02:12 PM.