View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 52 of 163 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 4872
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post

The red line you see around the North and South ends - That is the concession/concourse area.

The Two circles you see on the North/East and South/East Corners are sponsorship spots - I'm assuming car platforms

The rectangles you see on the South/East and North/West Corners are the new video screens.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

This is Phase 2 - Add roof to all sections

Do you see the two blue blocks that say Temporary Seating - Those are similar to seats you see at the indy. They are built up for special occasions and bring the stadium seating total to 40,000

They won't be there for regular "everyday" use
    Last edited by jabbronies; 03-05-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugly Ugly Ugly.....I for one hate these box style English stadiums. I love my stadiums with some curve to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you can arrange the teams to play on separate weekends until the playoffs then we look like the sounders for there playoff game last season with football lines on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess 120 million doesn't get you much after all. Looks like bleachers covered by a makeshift roof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's worry about getting to the playoffs first - then we can worry about scheduling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had thought before that the CFL may be very accommodating schedule wise to make this feasible, seems that they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I want to see is the example of a canadian or american football team that shares there ground with a soccer team and plays on grass that holds up for both for a entire season. They keep saying it can work with no example of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's also no examples of it not working

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1984 View Post
    All I want to see is the example of a canadian or american football team that shares there ground with a soccer team and plays on grass that holds up for both for a entire season. They keep saying it can work with no example of it?
    There is none.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I had thought before that the CFL may be very accommodating schedule wise to make this feasible, seems that they are.

The CFL has to bend and twist in amazing ways to get Argo games in the Dome. They've scheduled 5 of their 9 home games for the last 6 weeks of the CFL season.

CCL games might be interesting though, with us not knowing if we will be playing games in September and October until the beginning of June. Argos would/will have to work around that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mention of footy and rugby teams playing in the same stadium
    http://www.lagconfidential.com/2013/...teams-an-essay

LA Galaxy would be the example of it happening in North America - not sure how it works though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Finally, the drawings show no measurements. I still dont see how a CFL Field and sideline will wedge into that footprint. I think much more room is required, even with the retractable seats.
    I knocked this up last month on another thread

CFL pitch is 150yards by 65 yards or 137m x 60m rounding up. I've added that buffer zone (yellow) of 5m at each endzone and 7m to either sideline.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1984 View Post
    The more precise question would be whether any North American football team shares with a soccer team on hybrid grass with such a high grass to plastic ratio as 10-1. To be fair, this will likely be the first and only situation in North America where the soccer team gets what they want and the Football team has to deal with it. Its uncharted territory.

The Argos are going to have a lot of adjusting to deal with an outdoor stadium near the lake on a surface nobody else has tried. Plastic pitches are pretty much ubiquitous now for players in US college ball, and getting there for high school. But, once they figure it out (I give them 2 seasons), they will have a significant advantage over their opponents in terms of knowing how to make cuts and adjustments.

And they will certainly enjoy the cozier confines and the alcohol lubricated crowds who will get to yell under a roof for the first time in 30 odd years.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-05-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Do you see the two blue blocks that say Temporary Seating - Those are similar to seats you see at the indy. They are built up for special occasions and bring the stadium seating total to 40,000

They won't be there for regular "everyday" use
    I think they will be more like the seats used at Taylor Field in Regina this last CFL season and for the Grey Cup - those temporary bleacher seats even had suites in them

I'll link the picture rather than post it as its massive

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5535/9...542f1053_k.jpg

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    you get everybody jumping up and down on those and they will be loud
    You get people jumping up and down on those you won't be able to retract them any more.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ravi thanks for the summary. Still a lot of questions and uncertainty given they need to start next year.

And how is this going to help with the World Cup bid? Still going to need a brand new large stadium for it to work and I don't see a NFL team coming any time shortly,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we keep the yellow brick on lots of the exterior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was never a chance of getting a stadium that is reminiscent of Red Bull Arena. The stadium is not being built from the ground up.

Considering the current architectural specifications of BMO Field, I like the proposed preliminary schematics for the renovation project. It will still be a considerable upgrade in my opinion and improve the game day experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    There was never a chance of getting a stadium that is reminiscent of Red Bull Arena. The stadium is not being built from the ground up.

Considering the current architectural specifications of BMO Field, I like the proposed preliminary schematics for the renovation project. It will still be a considerable upgrade in my opinion and improve the game day experience.
    Well, there was never anything standing in the way except money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stadium wouldn't necessarily have to be razed and rebuilt to get something like Red Bull Arena. Many of the fancy curvacious stadia we see have an interior structure and an exterior shell (the survy nice parts). Just look at the new TD Place over in Ottawa (bad example because it was completely rebuilt but the point is that the exterior doesn't have to carry any load).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, to be fair there isn;t any indication they wont spruce up the exterior a bit. However I would doubt that happens any time soon. Maybe in ten years for a successful World Cup Bid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So help me God if the seats are not red in a renovated BMO Field.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Ravi thanks for the summary. Still a lot of questions and uncertainty given they need to start next year.

And how is this going to help with the World Cup bid? Still going to need a brand new large stadium for it to work and I don't see a NFL team coming any time shortly,
    Sounds like MLSE need to initiate a study/plan for transportation situation before this plan can even go to council. Phase 1 would have to be done between October/November and March. That's a quick turnaround considering they have to extend the irrigation system to accommodate the CFL.

BTW - they don't know how they would have the stands moving over the CFL extended grass and still have it maintain itself with minimal exposure to the elements (sun, rain).

Opening weekend will be an interesting shit show around the stadium. Marlies/TFC/Home show all that weekend.
    This is something Tim L only realized after it was done. Says it's something they will need to pay closer attention to moving forward.

If TFC plan on pulling in 25-30K per game, Even 40K for the winter classic - trying to move people in that area will be crippling. Especially if you add a Marlies game, a trade show, local residents.

As for the World Cup Bid - It was mentioned - 40K capacity stadium should help the case to have a game in Toronto. Won't be a knockout stage match that's for sure. But could be a couple smaller group stage games with smaller teams.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 03-05-2014 at 11:31 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The CFL has to bend and twist in amazing ways to get Argo games in the Dome. They've scheduled 5 of their 9 home games for the last 6 weeks of the CFL season.

CCL games might be interesting though, with us not knowing if we will be playing games in September and October until the beginning of June. Argos would/will have to work around that.
    If MLSE ends up owning the Argos it will be interesting as both MLS and CFL schedules are out long before June, so I wonder how they would deal with Champions League dates if they come up.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Well, there was never anything standing in the way except money.
    True, but my statement was in reference to the predetermined budget of 120 million dollars that was announced several weeks ago. All things considered, it should still be a nice venue when all is said and done.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 03-06-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same way. This is a net positive for TFC. I can't wait for a packed stadium with 30,000 fans under a roof!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    So help me God if the seats are not red in a renovated BMO Field.
    They would have to be. The current West and East stands will remain, so unless MLSE plans on painting the existing seats, no worries in that regard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems residents aren't too cool with anticipated traffic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    This is exactly how it was put by someone at the meeting.

Argos play 8 home games a year - 10 if they make it all the way
    It is actually 10 guaranteed with 9 regular season and one pre-season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!