View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,830 of 4872
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king10 View Post
    none have turf. They switched because like in the nfl. Players prefer playing on turf over grass. Its also cheaper to maintain turf.

Also i know in hamilton the stadium is used for public soccer and football rentals so they wanted a surface they could get the most use out of. Which obviously isnt grass.
    you're just making stuff up now.

every CFL team plays on Turf because of the Weather in Canada.

NFL players prefer natural grass.

There is a link between Staph infections and artificial turf. (there isn't the microbial, nature doing what nature does).

also there has been a lot of research, more serious knee injuries occur on Turf, as there isn't the natural give and the torque on the knees. interesting, there are more ankle injuries on natural turf, but less severe.

there is a reason all but 2 MLB teams have all gone back to grass. and the jays are working on switching, and The Devil Rays are looking for a new stadium and/or looking to move.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    you're just making stuff up now.

every CFL team plays on Turf because of the Weather in Canada.

NFL players prefer natural grass.

There is a link between Staph infections and artificial turf. (there isn't the microbial, nature doing what nature does).

also there has been a lot of research, more serious knee injuries occur on Turf, as there isn't the natural give and the torque on the knees. interesting, there are more ankle injuries on natural turf, but less severe.

there is a reason all but 2 MLB teams have all gone back to grass. and the jays are working on switching, and The Devil Rays are looking for a new stadium and/or looking to move.
    Im not making stuff up? you just provided reason for my answer.

CFL players prefer playing on turf because the weather in Canada is crap and ruins the grass. Its not difficult to understand. Of course players would prefer playing on pristine grass. But in canada that isn't the case. By late season the grass is terrible and CFL players hate it. Nothing made up.

No arguments with baseball players, they hate turf.
    Last edited by king10; 02-22-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't they try York University again?
    With a subway stop opening on campus in a couple of years and it's close to major highways.
    Last edited by Petor; 02-22-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not making stuff up? you just provided reason for my answer.

CFL players prefer playing on turf because the weather in Canada is crap and ruins the grass. Its not difficult to understand. Of course players would prefer playing on pristine grass. But in canada that isn't the case. By late season the grass is terrible and CFL players hate it. Nothing made up.

No arguments with baseball players, they hate turf.
    So why do you want to move to BMO Field? It's natural grass eh?!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Why don't they try York University again?
    With a subway stop opening on campus in a couple of years and it's are close to major highways.
    I dont think York U wants a pro team on their campus. At first I thought why not test the waters there. Also that stadium is supposed to be the hub for athletics Canada. Their football team actually isn't even playing in the new stadium.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why do you want to move to BMO Field? It's natural grass eh?!
    I already stated this hundreds of times. I dont WANT the argos to move there. The argos have no damn choice. Its BMO or nothing.

Like i said obviously if there was 200 million sitting around id want the argos in their old stadium.

Its called compromise. Id rather the argos play on turf but its this or nothing. Its not like the argos can come in and demand TFC change their surface to turf. TFC is the major tennant. The argos are the lesser tennant and must compromise. Both teams need to compromise.
    Last edited by king10; 02-22-2015 at 09:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know? Im not trying to keep it a secret?

this is a forum. Ppl post their views. I post mine. Am i not allowed to post because im ok with the argos to bmo?
    Question, will you be a season seat holder at bmo, for the Argos, if it happens, as many do here in the forum for Tfc, who oppose your views. I'm curious how many new Argo supporters care and will put their money where there 'hearts are'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe not but my lawn looked a hell of a lot better than the pitch at BMO Field last spring.

And I doubt that BMO Field use grow lights.
    Maybe they'll have to start.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Question, will you be a season seat holder at bmo, for the Argos, if it happens, as many do here in the forum for Tfc, who oppose your views. I'm curious how many new Argo supporters care and will put their money where there 'hearts are'.
    Im a ticats season ticket holder so no. Being from Hamilton though it's a lot easier for me to get to BMO on the go line. So i'll go to catch the games vs the cats as well as TFC games and canMNT games. I never go watch the Cats play at Rogers Centre, but at BMO I would. Especially during the CNE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I get it now. As a Ticat fan you have no problem with he Argos moving into BMO field to ruin it for TFC so you can have easy access to Ticat away games at BMO Field.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I get it now. As a Ticat fan you have no problem with he Argos moving into BMO field to ruin it for TFC so you can have easy access to Ticat away games at BMO Field.
    I'm a TFC season ticket holder....

And haven't missed a canMNT game at the stadium since 2010....

It's possible to support both Soccer in Canada and the CFL believe it or not. Sometimes it takes compromise on both sides and toeing the line, but its possible.
    Last edited by king10; 02-22-2015 at 09:39 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a ticats season ticket holder so no. Being from Hamilton though it's a lot easier for me to get to BMO on the go line. So i'll go to catch the games vs the cats as well as TFC games and canMNT games. I never go watch the Cats play at Rogers Centre, but at BMO I would. Especially during the CNE.
    A lot easier? Rogers Centre is literally one more stop away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or, what happens if argos aren't the great success story and ruin our experience, to the point that we have 2, bastardized teams. This is my worry regardless of anyone's team support.
    Last edited by jazzy; 02-22-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    A lot easier? Rogers Centre is literally one more stop away.
    One stop away but then I need to navigate Union station and take the sky bridge which I always get lost in. Still need to go outside once the skywalk ends. Plus if I want to drive to BMO its a little bit quicker getting out as spadina can be a mess around the Rogers Centre. I love exhibition stop. Just a small station that drops you off at the foot of the stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note:

About that "New Continuous Concourse". I don't see them building up the space between 112 and 111.

And yet on http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/can/bmo_field there is this photo of the South West end from back in December.

That looks like a stair removal if I've ever seen one.

And then there is this photo from this month

Has anybody looked at the south end in a bit more detail and noticed if they are prepping for a concourse build? I just find it interesting how they have put so much effort into the East side while the south, which by the plans is going to require some concerete build as well, and seems to be having at least one access point change for the west to be included, seems to be set aside until within 2 months of opening.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Or, what happens if argos aren't the great success story and ruin our experience, to the point that we have 2, bastardized teams.
    We could play that game and say what if this happens what if that happens till the cows come home. I go to the games with some fairweather fans. And I can tell you they could care less if the Argos moved in. Hell I dont even think they'd know that the Argos play there.

In the end the stadium has a capacity of 30 000 people. The supporters are what 3000 ppl? The supporters are the one's who can really only tell the difference. Argos at BMO won't make or break the fairweather fan's decision to come to the games. And they make up 90% of the crowd.

Personally I won't be bothered by the Argos at BMO. If they aren't a success and they fold and fall flat on their faces then BMO would go back to being solely for TFC. Isn't that what you all want? If you strongly believe the Argos wont survive at BMO theres nothing to be worried about because in a couple years they'll be gone.
    Last edited by king10; 02-22-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a TFC season ticket holder....

And haven't missed a canMNT game at the stadium since 2010....

It's possible to support both Soccer in Canada and the CFL believe it or not. Sometimes it takes compromise on both sides and toeing the line, but its possible.
    I am a TFC season seat holder as well and I am an Argo fan as well. I have attended games at Exhibition Stadium as well as Skydome. I have also been to numerous Argo road games. I care for the Argos, I just don't want them at BMO Field because it will hurt TFC. As you said, natural grass cannot handle CFL teams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Og, there will be a continuous concourse from the east to the west, along the south end. That construction will begin later this week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a TFC season seat holder as well and I am an Argo fan as well. I have attended games at Exhibition Stadium as well as Skydome. I have also been to numerous Argo road games. I care for the Argos, I just don't want them at BMO Field because it will hurt TFC. As you said, natural grass cannot handle CFL teams.
    Ah but therein lies the difference. Cost was a factor in maintaining CFL grass fields because stadiums were owned by the city(and therefore used by the public) or were indoor facilities.

Cost is not a factor for MLSE. They would pull out all the stops(assuming they hold true to their promise). Dessograss master. Undersoil heating. Lighting lamps. Drainage etc. etc.

And I respect your decision and POV regarding the Argos to BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... And just 5 yrs ago the argos were averaging 30k. .....
    Heavily papered and nobody actually believed those numbers at the time.

As a fellow TiCat fan, king I get where you are coming from but:

a) the Argos have significant attendance issues that a new stadium may not fix

b) even if they do get decent attendance, the operational side of the Argos will never be profitable - no team in the East is - its a league dependent upon Prairie eyeballs

c) nobody has tried to run a Desso field with football as the primary tenant and gridiron as the secondary

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah but therein lies the difference. Cost was a factor in maintaining CFL grass fields because stadiums were owned by the city(and therefore used by the public) or were indoor facilities.

Cost is not a factor for MLSE. They would pull out all the stops(assuming they hold true to their promise). Dessograss master. Undersoil heating. Lighting lamps. Drainage etc. etc.

And I respect your decision and POV regarding the Argos to BMO.
    I'm still going back to my previous point, if Wembley couldn't make it work why can BMO Field do it?
    And don't tell me that too much topsoil caused the NFL field markings to be prominent during an England vs Slovenia match.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Heavily papered and nobody actually believed those numbers at the time.

As a fellow TiCat fan, king I get where you are coming from but:

a) the Argos have significant attendance issues that a new stadium may not fix

b) even if they do get decent attendance, the operational side of the Argos will never be profitable - no team in the East is - its a league dependent upon Prairie eyeballs

c) nobody has tried to run a Desso field with football as the primary tenant and gridiron as the secondary
    A) absolutely correct, no guarantees a move to BMO will fix their attendance issues. But they must at least fight tooth and nail to try and make it work

B)The ticats are actually now profitable since moving to THF. Bob Young has stated such.

C) correct again. somebody needs to be the first. somebody with a lot of money like MLSE. Although Cardiff city stadium used desso grass master for their rugby and soccer teams. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_Stadium
    Last edited by king10; 02-22-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still going back to my previous point, if Wembley couldn't make it work why can BMO Field do it?
    And don't tell me that too much topsoil caused the NFL field markings to be prominent during an England vs Slovenia match.
    BC place and Hamilton can get rid of the markings. Not sure what happened at Wembley. Perhaps they didn't use washable paint.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could play that game and say what if this happens what if that happens till the cows come home. I go to the games with some fairweather fans. And I can tell you they could care less if the Argos moved in. Hell I dont even think they'd know that the Argos play there.

In the end the stadium has a capacity of 30 000 people. The supporters are what 3000 ppl? The supporters are the one's who can really only tell the difference. Argos at BMO won't make or break the fairweather fan's decision to come to the games. And they make up 90% of the crowd.

Personally I won't be bothered by the Argos at BMO. If they aren't a success and they fold and fall flat on their faces then BMO would go back to being solely for TFC. Isn't that what you all want? If you strongly believe the Argos wont survive at BMO theres nothing to be worried about because in a couple years they'll be gone.
    They are saying they have 20,000 season ticket holders now, surely they might have strong feelings about their on field product. They can't afford to drop the ball now, I feel it is their last chance. I've been a STH since 2007, and simply ask for a field that will both attract and allow the beautiful game we all love to played at a professional attractive level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look closely at the IMG match video of Seba, you'll notice football lines on the field. Very noticeable in the first 5 seconds.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ IMG academy probably isn't under a mandate of their fans to ensure lines aren't visible though. Did they use washable paint? Did they even attempt to remove the lines? Or did they just let the lines sit there because no spectators at IMG complain about lines. Also thats my point are the fairweather fans going to be "looking very closely to find all the deficiencies they can with the field." If that was the case they wouldn't have renewed after last year because the grass was shite.

I mean teams in the premier league have rugby lines on their field sometimes. Seeing a field with lines like in the video above that you posted isn't going to cause me to throw my hands up in the air and turn in my tickets.

PS. that field looks pretty damn good for a football field
    Last edited by king10; 02-22-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BC place and Hamilton can get rid of the markings. Not sure what happened at Wembley. Perhaps they didn't use washable paint.
    I think the field staff at Wembley know what they are doing.
    This is six days after the NFL game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then the staff at BC Place and THF must REALLY know what theyre doing if they can get the lines removed so quickly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then the staff at BC Place and THF must REALLY know what theyre doing if they can get the lines removed so quickly.
    when have you seen the field without lines at THF?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me guess, it's not natural grass!
    On plastic you can use chemicals that you can't use on grass.