View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 12 of 163 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I suspect they'll offer the north stand to sg's as part of their damage control and a bid to quiet the boards.
    MLSE

Listen to ExiledRed.... We need our own supporter controlled section. You need to think of the future... 5yrs from now... This year alone I was sidelined by work and family committments... how can we ensure the young generation take the torch? We have already lost some OG members by real life committments... and the play on the field ain't helping.

We need our own controlled section - now.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can promise you that when I'm old enough I will capo hands down without a problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally Mack View Post
    The north end seats haven't been sold yet. We just need to ask for them. (Even if its unlikely we get them).
    Agreed. And also control of our own section. Only RPB / U-Sec / NEE members should be able to get season tickets in the supporters sections. Whether they be via relocation or by kicking out the scalpers that are currently there (obviously less likely).

Get er' done.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot tell you how important I think it is that you guys dont turn this event into a "give us our own section" venture. To move away from the important issues right now and care about this, a want, not a need, would completely delegitimize the arguments for yourselves, and others. Sure you want a section (some do at least) in the north end, but is that why you are pissed at MLSE? I didnt think so. Wait on this people, have internet chat's no doubt, but do not even bring this up at the Town Halls. The suits are always looking for something to distract you from real problems, and this would be a perfect issue for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    I cannot tell you how important I think it is that you guys dont turn this event into a "give us our own section" venture. To move away from the important issues right now and care about this, a want, not a need, would completely delegitimize the arguments for yourselves, and others. Sure you want a section (some do at least) in the north end, but is that why you are pissed at MLSE? I didnt think so. Wait on this people, have internet chat's no doubt, but do not even bring this up at the Town Halls. The suits are always looking for something to distract you from real problems, and this would be a perfect issue for that.
    ^ This. He's absolutely right.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H Bomb is right.

Trust me, I jumped on the bandwagon and pushed for a RPB-controlled section when the idea was first getting tossed around so many years back, but we can't let this distract us from a much larger problem which is the overall trend in ticket pricing and the input of revenue into the team compared to the output of product.

Flush, I know this is your baby. You have been promoting the idea of our own dedicated section more than anyone else. But it's either an issue that we just can't resolve at this point in time, and to focus on it instead of the more pressing matters at hand will hinder the underlying message we bring to the meeting.

Having a dedicated RPB section won't do any of us any good if we have been priced out of the stadium in five years.

Sorry for the bolding, but I can't stress that point enough. I know that an RPB-controlled section really is very important for a lot of people for any number of good reasons, and it's hard for me to even ask this of people, but we have to put it on the backburner for now just so we can keep things focused and direct.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 10-14-2010 at 07:59 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HBomb... we are dying... seriously... real life is kicking in for us... support is winding down... who will fight the fight 5yrs from now when we aren't here. Do you think I am going to be the capo for life? That Rooney and Boris will aways be around in leadership roles? How do you think this would have played out if the group wasn't here?? this ain't about a venture... it's about our livelyhood.

GoodLuck raising these issues in the future when we aren't here...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    HBomb... we are dying... seriously... real life is kicking in for us... support is winding down... who will fight the fight 5yrs from now when we aren't here. Do you think I am going to be the capo for life? That Rooney and Boris will aways be around in leadership roles? How do you think this would have played out if the group wasn't here?? this ain't about a venture... it's about our livelyhood.

GoodLuck raising these issues in the future when we aren't here...
    i'd say mention it at the townhall, it is set up as a Q&A with the FO to resolve issues the supporters are having. it's not the main issue, but it's an issue none the less. we've stated that MLSE haven't listened to us, so to turn down vocalizing a legitimate concern (one that's been prevalent on the boards for quite so time) when we have face time with the organization is a clumsy move at best.

it's not an issue that i feel needs to be pushed at this time.
    but it is an issue that they need to address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE

Listen to ExiledRed.... We need our own supporter controlled section. You need to think of the future... 5yrs from now... This year alone I was sidelined by work and family committments... how can we ensure the young generation take the torch? We have already lost some OG members by real life committments... and the play on the field ain't helping.

We need our own controlled section - now.
    Flush, I was speculating not making suggestions.

I am concerned that this offer to placate the sg's will be made, and the rest of us will be ignored. I also fear that once the sg's are given something, they'll block the rest of us from bitching on the various boards.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say yes because its needed, but no basis from MLSE that they will do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flush, I was speculating not making suggestions.

I am concerned that this offer to placate the sg's will be made, and the rest of us will be ignored. I also fear that once the sg's are given something, they'll block the rest of us from bitching on the various boards.
    I hear you Exile... but 90% of those boards are Supporter Group Boards... Usec, Nee, RPB, TRN. BS is the only boards that comes to mind as non-sg.. Unless there are other boards where TFC fans are organized... and a board is simply that a board... I am talking about the livelyhood of SG who take on action beyond simply a board.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I think it's a legitimate issue that can and should be brought up at the town hall meetings. As has been stated on the website, there will be opportunities for supporters from all over stadium to voice their concerns and they will surely be giving their 2 cents on things that may want to improve their game day experience. There will not be a better opportunity than now to try to fix the issues that SG's are facing. I actually believe that FO would be open to a controlled Supporter's Section in the North, however, I'm not sure they would reduce the seat prices to reflect what is currently being paid in the south end.

It's all speculation really, but with FO admitting that they've screwed up and they're wanting to make things right on every level, there is a good possibility that this could come to fruition. I say bring it up and don't let it go. It could be a while before we see the next expansion and as Flush has said there is currently no way to protect the membership and what they do, for as some members leave, others, who are not members, will fill those seats leaving the RPB's scattered across the stadium and effectively killing everything that they've done since DAY 1. That would be a truly sad day considering that this is still one of the best supported clubs in MLS!

I say fight for it. It's attainable if you negotiate well.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get all the points here. In my opinion its a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. The RPB's have sway, and if needed can meet with the FO when they need to. So why turn this event into something you could do at another time. It dilutes the message. That message being that the season tickets package was unacceptable and showed complete disrespect for the fans as well as a lack of understanding of the product being presented. That's all i really have to say about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get all the points here. In my opinion its a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. The RPB's have sway, and if needed can meet with the FO when they need to. So why turn this event into something you could do at another time. It dilutes the message. That message being that the season tickets package was unacceptable and showed complete disrespect for the fans as well as a lack of understanding of the product being presented. That's all i really have to say about that.
    As far as I understand they may have their own window in which to air their grievances separate from the general population. If this is not presented now and dealt with swiftly, those seats will be sold to new SSH in just a few weeks. It's a pressing issue that needs immediate attention.

RPB, U SECTOR, NEE all add entertainment to the game day experience and like it or not, some people buy because of the overall atmosphere. MLSE has stated that they want to get it right and this is a perfect opportunity to do so. Honestly, MLSE has nothing to lose and everything to gain from this move. From a marketing standpoint it's a no brainer for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and btw......this doesn't have to take anything away from their rage about SSH's ticket increases. They should let them have it......and then use it their advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with FluSH, even if it cant get done at these meetings, the seeds need to be planted about what we want.

It's not about RPB exercising power and control, its about supporting the boys, and consolidating support is the best possible way to support them. Having RPBs in the 220s is ridiculous.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Having RPBs in the 220s is ridiculous.
    but some RPB's like to sit in those seats.

from the very beginning, we never said 'to be an RPB you have to sit in a certain section' because that limits us. I know that there are RPBs who will be at the town hall meeting who have club seats, and their voice should count just like someone in 112, despite their love of prawns
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you Exile... but 90% of those boards are Supporter Group Boards... Usec, Nee, RPB, TRN. BS is the only boards that comes to mind as non-sg.. Unless there are other boards where TFC fans are organized... and a board is simply that a board... I am talking about the livelyhood of SG who take on action beyond simply a board.
    I dont get your point, Flush. Yes theyre supporter group boards, but the FO are using the boards, and especially this one to gauge the feelings of ALL the fans.

The outrage on this board in particular has been from affiliated and non-affiliated supporters and FO has felt the combined wrath of both.

If the SG's are offered control of a section, accept it and then stifle the outrage from the non affiliated supporters, giving the press the false impression that the fans are now happier, because the boards are quiet......well can you not see why I would find that repugnant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So not to be too pessimistic but what's to stop someone from saying - "wow I'm tired of paying for my dark grey tickets, but if I throw $25 to the RPB I can become a member and can get in on their cheap supporters section tickets"? I think if you have a supporters controlled section that opens up all sort of issues like what constitutes a supporter - I've been a member on these boards for a week am I a RPB? What about after a month? 6 months?

I love the idea of a supporters run section - but it seems to me to be such a huge undertaking and would require all of the focus to make it work. I can't see how you can focus on this and still give the rising costs / game and inclusion of the MLS cup (which I think are the main issue people are having with the new ST) the focus they deserve at the Town Hall meetings.
    Last edited by Ben - D.O.W.; 10-14-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    but some RPB's like to sit in those seats.

from the very beginning, we never said 'to be an RPB you have to sit in a certain section' because that limits us. I know that there are RPBs who will be at the town hall meeting who have club seats, and their voice should count just like someone in 112, despite their love of prawns
    That's very true. But I'm sure there's a good-sized proportion that would give up their 220s to be in the middle of 112, bottom of 113 or west-side 111.

If the point of a supporters section is getting all supporters in one section, then TFC need to expand their definition of a supporter's section. Especially before they release the 130s to the season ticket holders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    So not to be too pessimistic but what's to stop someone from saying - "wow I'm tired of paying for my dark grey tickets, but if I throw $25 to the RPB I can become a member and can get in on their cheap supporters section tickets"? I think if you have a supporters controlled section that opens up all sort of issues like what constitutes a supporter - I've been a member on these boards for a week am I a RPB? What about after a month? 6 months?

I love the idea of a supporters run section - but it seems to me to be such a huge undertaking and would require all of the focus to make it work. I can't see how you can focus on this and still give the rising costs / game and inclusion of the MLS cup (which I think are the main issue people are having with the new ST) the focus they deserve at the Town Hall meetings.
    That's fair, but part of that can be past membership and there can be a one-year waiting period where the candidate supporter has to help with volunteering activities (banners, tailgate, website, whatever). Or we can cap it at whatever we have currently and not worry about future growth until it comes down to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that you have to contribute in some fashion to the group (other than a simple membership fee) in order to be a member. Therefore the day you sign up and start contributing, you are a member.

There's nothing wrong with putting forth a proposal and it wouldn't take long to get a membership vote to support the movement. Of course there will be technicalities and they could be addressed outside of the Town Hall meetings afterwards. The key would be to to block the sale of those seats in the North and to bump back the seat relocation event until talks are complete, all the while playing back their statements about how they want to get things right this time. If talks fall through and nothing pans out, all things stay the same. If the negotiations are successful then all those affected will move and FO starts the Relocation process followed by the Gold waiting list.

Trying to get some form of commitment to have further discussions about the issue, while at the Town Hall meetings, doesn't have to dominate the discussion or override the displeasure and distaste that we as fans have. It's simply ONE of the very serious problems that SG's feel are not be looked at.

I still believe it is the perfect place to get this process started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously never hope this happens.

There are too many variables involved with this and it would be sure to cause a cock up.

How do you decide which groups get how many seats? How does one become a member of a SG? How many SGs can there be? ETC, ETC....

Besides I think my point still stands, the head office would want one SG and it sould probably be the official one and you would need to pay a membership there.

As much as I like the SGs there are still a good number of fans who sign and jump and support the team without belonging to any paticular group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobuzz View Post
    I seriously never hope this happens.

There are too many variables involved with this and it would be sure to cause a cock up.

How do you decide which groups get how many seats? How does one become a member of a SG? How many SGs can there be? ETC, ETC....

Besides I think my point still stands, the head office would want one SG and it sould probably be the official one and you would need to pay a membership there.

As much as I like the SGs there are still a good number of fans who sign and jump and support the team without belonging to any paticular group.
    Its not the issue at hand. I regret bringing it up, but I was trying to illustrate a possible strategy MLSE might employ to quiet the bad press and refresh the relationship with the supporter groups.

I was also pointing out that this solution might neutralise the bad press from the sg controlled boards, and leave the non affiliated supporters and individual SSH without a voice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HBomb... your arguement is imlying that RPB or other SG's will always have sway.... every day I see RPB's beign less engaged... including myself due to real life issues... we need to find the next... Canadian_Bhoy... the next Jack... the next FluSH, Big Red, Roogsy... I'm thinking about the future and what we are doing right now to sustain it.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can be as simple as having a restricted area just like they do for visiting supporters. The first question is to identify what success would look like... and to me... it's having the assurance that new RPB's will be able to buy into a supporter controlled section to watch a match and support for 90mins straight without having to sneak in... that is success to me. The mechanics can be worked and refined... it's the awareness of our goal that I am after.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont get your point, Flush. Yes theyre supporter group boards, but the FO are using the boards, and especially this one to gauge the feelings of ALL the fans.

The outrage on this board in particular has been from affiliated and non-affiliated supporters and FO has felt the combined wrath of both.

If the SG's are offered control of a section, accept it and then stifle the outrage from the non affiliated supporters, giving the press the false impression that the fans are now happier, because the boards are quiet......well can you not see why I would find that repugnant?
    Exile, I think you need to chat with Rooney, Oldtimer, Boris... or Ravi... the time they have sacrificed just to keep this board going is criminal. I wouldn't want that stress on anyone... and they do it... people take for granted that these individuals will always work for free to keep this shit alive... it baffles me
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSL is the place to sing together, stand together, learn and grow together and to develop our own style of support. Everything that we learn during CSL games can be taken on the road to different MLS venue were we stand together and executed to a perfection.

Supporter groups and RPB are not going to disappear because we don't have our own section, but it will disappera if we keep waising our time and emergy by arguing and over debating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7:50 in...this how it should be done as a supporters home

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I heard that security was taking pictures of supporters on the last game... Have a supporter controlled section and you'll know where all the RPB's are at... is that simple
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS