View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 154 of 163 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Yep 35 people get on a bus in a city of 500,000 people.. oh ya that makes it a soccer city that makes it care about Canadian Soccer. TFC would never work in Brampton. Heck if Brampton was "the Soccer Town" why does Brampton United struggle to get people out to see them? Why isn't there NASL team? Why isn't there a League 1 Ontario Team? Why is TFC II playing in Vaughan?

If Brampton were "The Soccer Town" then Brampton United would sell out every game.
    Oh you actually replied? I should have figured considering you're probably but hurt over how stupid I made you look.... and your getting more progressively retarded with each passing post.

35 people getting on a bus? Well, I mentioned that as a quick jab to how you "saw" a group of Portugal fans celebrating a Portuguese win while remaining oblivious about the CMNT, lol. If your small group of Portuguese fans nullify Brampton from being a soccer town, my group of Go Bus riders can validate it as a soccer town, lmao.

Brampton United? Oh boy. I wasn't aware every other club in the CSL was packing the house, lol. Good one.

NASL? You need an owner with a plan to make that happen. Who knows, it could happen soon. Is there another city in the GTA that has an NASL team I don't know about? Also, by your logic, if the Argos could work in Brampton, why isn't the CFL already here? Sounds stupid, right?

L1O? I'm guessing you were profusely masterbating over the keyboard while typing this.

TFC 2? Vaughan played ball and it's a nice central location. Vaughan itself is also a decent soccer town.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    It's cricket ....., now if they could join those two together.
    You like to play on stereotypes? You thought you'd sound cool by saying "CRICKET"? You're probably patting yourself on the back right now over how clever you sounded huh. Good for you. You're a champ.
    Last edited by Macksam; 02-17-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    How did this thread get to 153 pages?
    We all come back for pics. See something to comment on, repeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    Oh you actually replied? I should have figured considering you're probably but hurt over how stupid I made you look.... and your getting more progressively retarded with each passing post.

That kind of butt is spelled with two t's. Misspelling a 4 letter word you learn as a 5 year old always helps hammer the point home when you're masturbating over how stupid you made a retard look

Anywho:

The Argos aren't worth shit without a new stadium, because any prospective owner knows without a new building they will be on the hook for one. So if someone is offering $2 million without a stadium that's implying a value of around $12 million (assuming they pay the $10mil to come to BMO) to whatever a stadium at York/Downsview/somewhere in the 905 will cost. If you sell the Argos with a stadium (after they turn a profit for a year), all of the sudden they have some value. As an Argos fan, I really fucking hate Braley. Either way he needs to invest 10-20 mil into the team if he wants to make a profit. If he doesn't want to invest it then he has to accept whatever MLSE are offering, cause no-one else will even offer a dollar. He can't chose neither though, and he has literally no leverage, so I don't understand what game he's playing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

As an Argos fan, I really fucking hate Braley. Either way he needs to invest 10-20 mil into the team if he wants to make a profit. If he doesn't want to invest it then he has to accept whatever MLSE are offering, cause no-one else will even offer a dollar. He can't chose neither though, and he has literally no leverage, so I don't understand what game he's playing.

He's waiting. He's extremely patient by all accounts. Hoping for things to change in some way. MLSE blow apart, Tannenbaum get his own flack in as CEO, city decide to spend even more money, CFL find an even richer sugar daddy - something that means he doesn't have to spend money. I don't think he's used to dealing with guys like Rogers and Cope who can wait just as long.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how stupid I made you look....
    [mod mode]
    Calling people "stupid" is a quick way to get banned from the board, so watch your language and attack the argument, not the person.
    [/mod mode]
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

35 people getting on a bus? Well, I mentioned that as a quick jab to how you "saw" a group of Portugal fans celebrating a Portuguese win while remaining oblivious about the CMNT, lol. If your small group of Portuguese fans nullify Brampton from being a soccer town, my group of Go Bus riders can validate it as a soccer town, lmao.

Brampton United? Oh boy. I wasn't aware every other club in the CSL was packing the house, lol. Good one.

NASL? You need an owner with a plan to make that happen. Who knows, it could happen soon. Is there another city in the GTA that has an NASL team I don't know about? Also, by your logic, if the Argos could work in Brampton, why isn't the CFL already here? Sounds stupid, right?

L1O? I'm guessing you were profusely masterbating over the keyboard while typing this.

TFC 2? Vaughan played ball and it's a nice central location. Vaughan itself is also a decent soccer town.

You like to play on stereotypes? You thought you'd sound cool by saying "CRICKET"? You're probably patting yourself on the back right now over how clever you sounded huh. Good for you. You're a champ.
    Brampton iz da best!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll let jazzy correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he was being factual. I'm not sure why you would assume otherwise since the game, cricket, and the possibility of building a stadium was mentioned not 2 pages ago.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not really. When comes to "brown" sports, it's field hockey that is popular with South Asian community in Brampton not cricket. Cricket is more popular with South Asian community living in Toronto and perhaps Mississauga.

Brampton is soccer hotbed. Our best soccer players from GTA come from Brampton these days which is reflected on TFC roster (Osorio and Roberts while Henry being former TFC player is from Brampton) Even Jason Bent (highly respect coach who will be coaching TFC II this year) is from Brampton as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hoilett bro's are from Brampton too

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can we have a thread that's only related to the expansion?
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol^.... Took somebody long enough to say something

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    Agreed. Keep hoping I see something about the actual expansion/construction when I see this thread gets updated. More times than not people are discussing the viability of the Argos or some other topic. There is an Argos not coming to BMO thread already (see link below) that can be used for that debate. We should keep this just for actual construction updates and whatnot IMO.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...ight=argos+bmo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'll let jazzy correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he was being factual. I'm not sure why you would assume otherwise since the game, cricket, and the possibility of building a stadium was mentioned not 2 pages ago.
    You can't really put him on a ignore list, thankfully I can, he is a troll and a poor one, and I've let him pull me in the attempt to derail the thread.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay boys, take it to PM but lets cut out the bull crap in here. This is about the Stadium Renovation not the Brampton stuff.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    Lol^.... Took somebody long enough to say something
    Pretty sure it's self explanatory when the thread is titled BMO Field Expansion. But I guess I was wrong.

Like Phil said let's keep it on topic of the actual stadium expansion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Okay boys, take it to PM but lets cut out the bull crap in here. This is about the Stadium Renovation not the Brampton stuff.
    oh so you hate Brampton now!?!? *ducks*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

That kind of butt is spelled with two t's. Misspelling a 4 letter word you learn as a 5 year old always helps hammer the point home when you're masturbating over how stupid you made a retard look
    I missed a t....thank you for pointing that out. That made all the difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    No not really. When comes to "brown" sports, it's field hockey that is popular with South Asian community in Brampton not cricket. Cricket is more popular with South Asian community living in Toronto and perhaps Mississauga.

Brampton is soccer hotbed. Our best soccer players from GTA come from Brampton these days which is reflected on TFC roster (Osorio and Roberts while Henry being former TFC player is from Brampton) Even Jason Bent (highly respect coach who will be coaching TFC II this year) is from Brampton as well.
    QFT.

If I can add to that, the most popular sport amongst south asians (I should say Punjabis as we are the vast majority) in Brampton is Kabaddi, that sport which is basically rugby without a ball...or grown men playing tag as some people like to jokingly say.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So he was being an ignorant POS? I was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt by assuming he was being clever. Why don't we let Jazzy decide.

Jazzy, were you being clever or an ignorant POS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    You can't really put him on a ignore list, thankfully I can, he is a troll and a poor one, and I've let him pull me in the attempt to derail the thread.
    Don't make me out to be the troll. You're the one that replied to me with your bull shit first.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember my fellow users to attack or preferably discuss each others opinions, not the users themselves.

Any questions please PM myself or any other mod.

Thanks
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arash Madani with the latest on Argos to BMO.

Looks like Braley is finally willing to negotiate on the selling price. Met with Tenanbaum at the leafs game yesterday.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl...anenbaum-meet/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's bitterly cold out there (for the first time this winter), but anyone manage to get some new photos of the stadium? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king10 View Post

Looks like Braley is finally willing to negotiate on the selling price. Met with Tenanbaum at the leafs game yesterday.

Really wish this team would just die already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king10 View Post

I wonder if rumour of MLSE waiting for Braley drop his asking price to $2 million is true? Anyway, this Braley guy sure loves to play hard to get lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

argos need to go somewhere they are appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Really wish this team would just die already.
    That will never happen because CFL needs Toronto since they're centre of universe (No Toronto means no sponsorship and big TV money for the league) and CFL will do everything in their power to make sure Argos never die.
    Last edited by TFC07; 02-18-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    argos need to go somewhere they are appreciated.
    Which isn't Toronto.

CFL is hoping Argos playing at smaller venue like BMO field will change that though (this is what we call Hail Mary attempt to "save" Argos)
    Last edited by TFC07; 02-18-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I know it's bitterly cold out there (for the first time this winter), but anyone manage to get some new photos of the stadium? Thanks in advance!
    I am sure they're pouring concrete at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The concrete treads and risers are going in. They were finished the first south section on the east stand yesterday when I drove by. Looks like they come in big pre-cast sections for each row.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The concrete treads and risers are going in. They were finished the first south section on the east stand yesterday when I drove by. Looks like they come in big pre-cast sections for each row.
    Wait... you're talking about BMO Field expansion?
    Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kabbadi.

I had to look it up. It turns out there's a world cup for this.

Essentially it's a 4 v 4 game. One of yours runs into the other team's half and tries to tag one of them, and if you manage it, you need to run back to safety.

All without taking a breath.

If you can do this you get a point. It's the national sport of Bangladesh.

Rugby without a ball, indeed. More like Grounders without a playset.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone wonder if the way this winter has been going.... they will be on schedule??