View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 153 of 163 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    It isn't really a mystery

at least 25% of the population wants little or nothing to do with anything outside of their social sphere. At least 25% more of the population works and socializes outside of the city and are there just to sleep and don't know what is happening in the city on any given week. Any other large portion of the population doesn't want to drive to the outskirts of town through the dangerous roads of Brampton (one of the highest Insurance rates in Ontario I'm told (but that could be hearsay))

And then add that with OHL the average attendance is only about 3,300 and 5,000 even though you have a good 150-200,000 people that have the potential to be interested the location of the rink and the difficulty to get to it kills it. Yes you have the 410, but it is still a 15-20 minute drive for most people (it's only a 40 minute drive to see the Marlies or the Leafs) , and if you are a young person it can take the better part of an hour to take a bus down.

The Final issue is in 1996 the population of Brampton was 130-150k people today it is round 600k So a huge majority of the population was not born in the city and has no real connection to it.

All of these factors are why Sports don't work. However the Argos would be different it is top flight, it has the highway, and would draw people from the whole of the GTA, it is even an hour closer to people from Guelph which might encourage people. So it stands a much better chance.
    Only problem is anyone who use to take the train from anywhere in Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Oshawa, Ajax exc. unless you drive, good luck getting to a game in Brampton, all GO trains pretty much just take you into Downtown. Its made for cars in the suburbs and none of them take you from one suburb to another unless you happen to be on the GO line that is heading to Downtown Toronto, but public transit is a nightmare or even worse non existent. I know I would never attend an Argos game in the suburbs (not really a CFL tho anyways, but..) just simply wouldn't be able to make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have any new pics of the renovation? I haven't drove by in a few weeks and was curious as to how it is progressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not put the Argos at Lamport? It seats 9k now, add two upper decks to bring to 22k and the will have a nice compact stadium downtown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Why not put the Argos at Lamport? It seats 9k now, add two upper decks to bring to 22k and the will have a nice compact stadium downtown.
    Because it's a public facility. Plus, renovating Lamport will require it to be pretty much torn to the ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    Does anyone have any new pics of the renovation? I haven't drove by in a few weeks and was curious as to how it is progressing.
    They started putting in the pre cast concrete in the last few days,

Recent picture at the top of this link. http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...52997&page=517

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post
    Someday!

Its fun to look at the speculation from a few years ago. OP wasn't too far off in the end.
    haha how old was this post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king10 View Post
    They started putting in the pre cast concrete in the last few days,

Recent picture at the top of this link. http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...52997&page=517

Thanks king10!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No pictures but was there a couple days ago. 114 and 116 are mocked in and the rest appears to be hidden by plastic sheets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Only problem is anyone who use to take the train from anywhere in Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Oshawa, Ajax exc. unless you drive, good luck getting to a game in Brampton, all GO trains pretty much just take you into Downtown. Its made for cars in the suburbs and none of them take you from one suburb to another unless you happen to be on the GO line that is heading to Downtown Toronto, but public transit is a nightmare or even worse non existent. I know I would never attend an Argos game in the suburbs (not really a CFL tho anyways, but..) just simply wouldn't be able to make it.
    That is a very good point. The Powerade Centre is just a bad location. Though in theory they could take a zum bus on the 9 Game days a year from Bramalea Go to Powerade which would only take 10 minutes or so and include it as part of the Ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lamport

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    Because it's a public facility. Plus, renovating Lamport will require it to be pretty much torn to the ground.
    BMO is also a public facility. Beggars can't be choosers. Best solution for Argos.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parking? Traffic? Just a couple concerns.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO is also a public facility. Beggars can't be choosers. Best solution for Argos.
    Beggars should stop asking to make a profit on the move and put some of their own money in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Yeah he will be, but Argos will fail in Brampton as well. People here aren't into pro sports for some odd reason.
    Well, we've never had a pro sports team here before. I'm not including the As or the Beast...

The Argos won't work because Brampton is a soccer and basketball town. If TFC built a stadium here, the team would be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no way I'd ever watch TFC in Brampton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    Well, we've never had a pro sports team here before. I'm not including the As or the Beast...

The Argos won't work because Brampton is a soccer and basketball town. If TFC built a stadium here, the team would be fine.
    This is hilarious. Brampton is not a soccer town.. at least not Canadian. I've watched people in Brampton celebrate a Portugal win over Estonia in a group stage match for 6 hours, while not having any idea Canada played Cuba at BMO a few days before... or that TFC even existed. I was actually told that is impossible Soccer isn't big here there are no football stadiums here.
    Last edited by Kaz; 02-15-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Parking? Traffic? Just a couple concerns.
    Is it much more worse than BMO?

King Streetcar runs past it, Dufferin Bus close by as well. Then you have the Go Station, Bathurst and Exhibition streetcar stop and all the parking at Exhibition Place as well less than 10 minutes walk from Lamport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post

King Streetcar runs past it, Dufferin Bus close by as well. Then you have the Go Station, Bathurst and Exhibition streetcar stop and all the parking at Exhibition Place as well less than 10 minutes walk from Lamport
    Well there is onsite parking at BMO there is very little at Lamport. Area Residence complain about the hour of TFC fans walking through the area after a match. They will not be happy with an Hour of tailgates before a game. The game, plus the whole stadium moving through the area. Highway access for both sites is at the same location. In ideal conditions 3 minutes for BMO 5 Minutes for Lamport. However BMO has Lakeshore a 3 lane road where as King St is 2 and Jameson St is 1 lane.

Street Car Access is there... except it isn't Presto friendly. If come in from Richmond Hill or Markham or Brampton by Go Bus you can walk into Union tap a presto Card and hop on the Subway. That is much more difficult on King. It is a much nicer walk from Union to BMO than it is to Lamport.. but that is a little thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is hilarious. Brampton is not a soccer town.. at least not Canadian. I've watched people in Brampton celebrate a Portugal win over Estonia in a group stage match for 6 hours, while not having any idea Canada played Cuba at BMO a few days before... or that TFC even existed. I was actually told that is impossible Soccer isn't big here there are no football stadiums here.
    You really don't know anything. The only thing hilarious is you saying the bolded. Brampton is the soccer town of Canada.

I really have no idea what would constitute a "Canadian" soccer town. Please enlighten us all with that one.

You've "watched" people in Brampton celebrate a Portugal win while remaining oblivious to Canada playing at BMO. Ok, I can play this game to. I've "watched" a bunch of people in Brampton decked out with Canada and TFC gear hop on the Go bus heading to Union Station so they could watch us take on Honduras. I have also seen a bunch of people here that know TFC exists.

Not different from a South American country, this city is practically the only area of the nation where kids play for fun with their friends and develop natural raw talent, which is why a huge portion of TFC's youth talent originates from here. The youth talent here is so relatively good that MLS could arguably scout ROPSAA high school matches for potential talent.

Your last sentence didn't make any grammatical sense so I can't respond to it.

The sport has a huge following here domestically and internationally. The fact you even question the validity of Brampton being a soccer town just makes you seem oblivious to your own surroundings.

Again, Brampton is the soccer town of Canada bar none.
    Last edited by Macksam; 02-16-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, Oakville is the Biggest Soccer Town in Canada.

Welcome to Oakville Soccer Club
    The Oakville Soccer Club, a non-for-profit organization, was created in 1972 through the merger of the Bronte Legion Soccer Club, Oakville United Soccer Club and Oakville Minor Soccer. It has become the largest community soccer organization in Canada with more than 12,000 players and over 900 volunteer and professional coaches.- See more at: http://www.oakvillesoccer.ca/about-o....tumqy2yA.dpuf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Actually, Oakville is the Biggest Soccer Town in Canada.

Welcome to Oakville Soccer Club
    The Oakville Soccer Club, a non-for-profit organization, was created in 1972 through the merger of the Bronte Legion Soccer Club, Oakville United Soccer Club and Oakville Minor Soccer. It has become the largest community soccer organization in Canada with more than 12,000 players and over 900 volunteer and professional coaches.- See more at: http://www.oakvillesoccer.ca/about-o....tumqy2yA.dpuf

I think what Macksam meant to say Brampton (along with Mississauga) is hotbed for Canadian talent. A lot of kids in Peel region are making into national teams and professional clubs these days. Oakville doesn't produce enough talent despite having 12K players in their club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I think what Macksam meant to say Brampton (along with Mississauga) is hotbed for Canadian talent. A lot of kids in Peel region are making into national teams and professional clubs these days. Oakville doesn't produce enough talent despite having 12K players in their club.
    Also helps that Peel region has the room for the infustructure for academy's and programs to have large amounts of players compared to Toronto.

Either way the emergence of TFC academy and now the USL and Leauge 1 in the area and solidifying the triangle can only help players stay local to grow as players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Also helps that Peel region has the room for the infustructure for academy's and programs to have large amounts of players compared to Toronto.

Either way the emergence of TFC academy and now the USL and Leauge 1 in the area and solidifying the triangle can only help players stay local to grow as players.
    Agreed.

This is first time in our history there is structure locally for kids to grow as soccer players in Southern Ontario. If Hamilton can get their NASL team and set up their own academy, then there will be a lot opportunities for kids to develop locally and play professionally. We're heading into exciting times for local soccer.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post

Just looking at number of parking spots means an extreme renovations to create enough for demand. The traffic flow is more directly effected with being right at King. King being only 2 lanes. I'm not saying it couldn't be solved but the changes involved to accommodate 20,000 people every other weekend would be immense and I don't' think that's what the parties involved are looking for.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So to summarize

Brampton is a grassroots hotbed for footie, the town would possibly support a pro team there but only if it was soccer or basketball?

But no one is currently looking to move anyone there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stadium would need to be knocked down and rebuilt. Other issues include very limited parking, limited space, a lot of small roads around there, traffic would be a nightmare, BMO on the other side of the Train tracks have much more space, some main roads, it can handle 20k-30k fans in that area, Lamport on the other hand I don't think that neighbourhood can take 20k of traffic coming through there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    You really don't know anything. The only thing hilarious is you saying the bolded. Brampton is the soccer town of Canada.

I really have no idea what would constitute a "Canadian" soccer town. Please enlighten us all with that one.

You've "watched" people in Brampton celebrate a Portugal win while remaining oblivious to Canada playing at BMO. Ok, I can play this game to. I've "watched" a bunch of people in Brampton decked out with Canada and TFC gear hop on the Go bus heading to Union Station so they could watch us take on Honduras. I have also seen a bunch of people here that know TFC exists.

Not different from a South American country, this city is practically the only area of the nation where kids play for fun with their friends and develop natural raw talent, which is why a huge portion of TFC's youth talent originates from here. The youth talent here is so relatively good that MLS could arguably scout ROPSAA high school matches for potential talent.

Your last sentence didn't make any grammatical sense so I can't respond to it.

The sport has a huge following here domestically and internationally. The fact you even question the validity of Brampton being a soccer town just makes you seem oblivious to your own surroundings.

Again, Brampton is the soccer town of Canada bar none.
    Yep 35 people get on a bus in a city of 500,000 people.. oh ya that makes it a soccer city that makes it care about Canadian Soccer. TFC would never work in Brampton. Heck if Brampton was "the Soccer Town" why does Brampton United struggle to get people out to see them? Why isn't there NASL team? Why isn't there a League 1 Ontario Team? Why is TFC II playing in Vaughan?

If Brampton were "The Soccer Town" then Brampton United would sell out every game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's cricket ....., now if they could join those two together.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya'll got it wrong

Becks knows where Soccer Town is.

Meh.....

Anybody want to hazard a guess as to whether the stadium is coming along on schedule?

Has one of our intrepid TFC following reporters, now that they have been freed from following the most important story of the pre-season, Armband Anarchy, maybe one of them can ask that question, seeing as the MLSE commercial guy seems to be showing up to press conferences and interviews.

And, I'm still trying to figure out if the concourse level that is supposed to run around the south is actually getting built. Anybody know?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-17-2015 at 07:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did this thread get to 153 pages?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    How did this thread get to 153 pages?
    Off Season has been fairly boring... in between signings.