View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 130 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Less then they were in the documents from a year ago, actually. Which is why there was a clause change in the summer to make phase 3 not mandatory.

You did notice that, right?

That the Argos are no longer necessary for the stadium build to go ahead?
    why bother with that dude,the guy is a argo troll.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    why bother with that dude,the guy is a argo troll.
    I'm a born and bred TI-Cat fan.

Its in the blood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not you....that mulder dude..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less then they were in the documents from a year ago, actually. Which is why there was a clause change in the summer to make phase 3 not mandatory.

I'm referring to the actual the construction contract/tender document, not the agreement between MLSE & the city.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    not you....that mulder dude..

Its a little like a Habs fan needling a Leafs fan.

But, yes, you are right, he's trolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    I'm referring to the actual the construction contract/tender document, not the agreement between MLSE & the city.
    Link?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a little like a Habs fan needling a Leafs fan.

But, yes, you are right, he's trolling.
    Can you explain how exactly my post was trolling? It's probably been my least trolly post ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Really won't have to worry about that seeing as I comment on all things CFL, I also live in Ottawa now so at least I can still comment on the Redblacks. I quit my administering gig a while ago.

Because, quite frankly, nothing I say will change your attitude. You put the Argos in the same 'Interest level' as OHL hockey in the GTA and that's where you lost me. Esp when GTA ratings for Argo games are typically that of TFC's national ratings on TSN. Worry about the plight of your own club first before drawing conclusions. Argos Good on TV in the region, Bad attendance. TFC, Good attendance, bad tv viewership. Each club has it's own issues. Which is easier to fix? I'll let you answer that one.

You have any proof of that claim? I know Southern Ontario ratings for CFL is decent, but no one has any real numbers to prove GTA TV ratings claim.

When I started following the Argos and became a season ticket in at the time in 2007, the stadium was much fuller. Even in 2008 I sat around alot of under 40 people who were also season ticket holders. There were quite a few incidents around the stadium that caused many people to drop their seasons. One partly being a crappy team from 2008-2011 (2010 was ok) The second was the way Rogers Centre security treated many of the fans.

Can you imagine being told at a TFC game to sit down and not cheer so loudly? Well this actually happened in 2009. In many sections around the stadium.
    You mean free tickets and heavily discounted tickets that made up good chuck of attendance during Cynamon and Sokolowski era?
    Last edited by TFC07; 10-27-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
    Link?
    I think he's confusing practice facility to BMO field renovation.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because Argos need to come up with $20 million to move to BMO field.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I think he's confusing practice facility to BMO field renovation.
    Nope.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have any proof of that claim? I know Southern Ontario ratings for CFL is decent, but no one has any real numbers to prove GTA TV ratings claim.
    A few quotes in the media from the past, that's all. It would likely take forever to find them again. No different from 'other side' claiming all ratings come from the west though. Have to pay to know for sure!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean free tickets and heavily discounted tickets that made up good chuck of attendance during Cynamon and Sokolowski era?
    K, it's been know that for a while, but why don't you read the very next thing I said. The very next thing. That group of 40+ was riddled down to probably less than 8 now. That's including 3 that I know joined after the 2008 season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Right but….

Phase 3 is where the stadium grows to 40,000 temporary seats (presumably for Winter Classics and Grey Cups). NHL adds fuel to the fire by saying (as quoted by Tim L) that they need 40,000 seats to entertain a conversation about the Winter Classics.

Phase 3 doesn't happen without the $20M in funding or MLSE waiving the financial requirement.

So yes, stadium the moves ahead without the Argos but the pot of gold… the Winter Classic and Grey Cup… doesn't happen in Phase 1 or 2. If phase 3 goes forward, as MLSE wants it to, the Argos are always going to be in the equation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still thinking the upgrades to take it to 40K are possible without the rolling stands (which is the only real Argo related change apart from the move to field turf)

If anything, it would be easier.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Election changes nothing.

Grimes wins.

Doug Ford loses but RoFo gets to whine about BMO at council.

So steady as she goes on the BMO front.

Only subtle change would be if Tory makes somebody other then Grimes EX chair, which could easily happen. Tory is likely to use that post as a patronage position to build a bridge. I could see him giving the chair position to Layton actually - would be the sort of "hands across the aisle" thing he will want to do in the next few months - and it loses him nothing in doing so. Grimes is more interested in public works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Election changes nothing.

Grimes wins.

Doug Ford loses but RoFo gets to whine about BMO at council.

So steady as she goes on the BMO front.

Only subtle change would be if Tory makes somebody other then Grimes EX chair, which could easily happen. Tory is likely to use that post as a patronage position to build a bridge. I could see him giving the chair position to Layton actually - would be the sort of "hands across the aisle" thing he will want to do in the next few months - and it loses him nothing in doing so. Grimes is more interested in public works.
    Tory victory is Rogers and Larry T victory. So if rumours are true about Rogers being anti-Argos/anti-CFL, then Tory win is good news for those who are against Argos invasion into BMO field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tory victory is Rogers and Larry T victory. So if rumours are true about Rogers being anti-Argos/anti-CFL, then Tory win is good news for those who are against Argos invasion into BMO field.
    You know that Tory was the Commissioner of the CFL from 1996-2000, right?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent time tonight with a communications professional who works with MLSE. Says the Argos looking for other quarters than BMO Field. Partly because they won't get bang for their bucks at BMO, partly because they acknowledge the very real need to find their own home. Not a lot of sympathy for them at MLSE.

Here's hoping it works out for the Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
    You know that Tory was the Commissioner of the CFL from 1996-2000, right?
    And your point? His ties with Rogers runs way deeper than CFL.

Tory hasn't done anything his time as CFL commissioner to fix Argos issue. I highly doubt city of Toronto is going to give more money (especially given they got more important things to spend on) to get Argos into BMO field.

$20 million is going to either come from provincial government and/or private party. Federal government already turned down Argos request for $10 million for BMO field renovation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Spent time tonight with a communications professional who works with MLSE. Says the Argos looking for other quarters than BMO Field. Partly because they won't get bang for their bucks at BMO, partly because they acknowledge the very real need to find their own home. Not a lot of sympathy for them at MLSE.

Here's hoping it works out for the Argos.
    Think this is best for all involved, rather than sharing frankenstadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Makes so much sense for them to go to York.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All the sense in the world except if they are as broke and destitute as some have portrayed, how can they afford the Reno costs on their own?

Hope is a wonderful thing but then reality has to be considered.

"We've always hoped that the CFL comes," he said. "It's a natural situation, a great solution for them."

- Bob Hunter, Chief Facilities and Live Entertainment Officer, MLSE (Sept 23, 2014)

http://www.tsn.ca/first-phase-of-bmo...future-1.89132

All that is happening behind the scenes is a negotiation on a business deal.

That quote also clearly ends the "City is forcing the Argos on MLSE" narrative that has been put forward.
    Last edited by Pookie; 10-28-2014 at 05:51 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ur going to hang ur hat on Hunter talking in front of Grimes?

The narrative until about May was "CFL in" and then things changed.

As I said, I still think the Argos are in as renters. But something is up, and its not as cut and dried as it seemed in March.

And the CFL is not Tory's priority, unlike the guy who skipped council meetings to yell at kids in pads and make them roll around in goose shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    There actually is such a place:

It was interesting to hear my colleague discuss the bitter relationship between Rogers and TSN in the MLSE boardroom and how it cripples the decision-making process that goes into every aspect of all their teams. It can't last for long and the impression he had was that Rogers would win. And they are not friends of the Argos.

That said, we may be stuck with an unhappy compromise. But at least it sounds like the Argos are aware that they need to chart their own course. As I suggested before, the Pan Am games stadium site would be a very good choice if funding is to be acquired beyond whatever Braley and the CFL can cobble together.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 10-28-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a big fan of watching construction progress on various buildings. So, if there are any roller bladers out there who wouldn't mind taking some pic's of the progress of the construction and posting them here that'd be great!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ur going to hang ur hat on Hunter talking in front of Grimes?

The narrative until about May was "CFL in" and then things changed.

As I said, I still think the Argos are in as renters. But something is up, and its not as cut and dried as it seemed in March.

And the CFL is not Tory's priority, unlike the guy who skipped council meetings to yell at kids in pads and make them roll around in goose shit.

Tory's view on the CFL is sort of moot isn't it given that the City has already approved their share of the funding? I'd wager it would trigger some kind of penalty if they pulled out.

I agree with you in that I do think negotiations are going on right now.

The Argos are likely looking for the best deal possible, which is why this notion of "looking elsewhere" is popping up IMO. No one likes to negotiate from a corner. That said, there really isn't another realistic option for them. So the only leverage they have is to use the timeline to pressure MLSE into concessions. Perhaps a better share of Grey Cup dollars, low (to no) rent, earlier closing date (ie. play in 2016), etc, etc.

The 40,000 seats need to be done by the Leafs 2017 season (their 100th). The NHL needs assurance that the 40,000 seats are going ahead before they award it. This back and forth with varying degrees of interest from all parties is simply the normal ebb and flow of business negotiations between 6 parties (Feds, Province, City, MLSE, Braley, CFL). It's complicated and everyone is fighting for a fair share of the spoils. But everyone wins in this if it moves forward (MLSE gets their stadium, Argos have a place to play that they can afford) … well everyone wins except the taxpayer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so guys anyone go down to see what work has been down yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    so guys anyone go down to see what work has been down yet
    There is a cam on the argos homepage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    There is a cam on the argos homepage

With all cuts going on in Argos organization, I am surprised they even have a homepage let alone a camera to watch construction of a soccer stadium.

Barebone budget ftw!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all cuts going on in Argos organization, I am surprised they even have a homepage let alone a camera to watch construction of a soccer stadium.

Barebone budget ftw!
    look out he comes MULDER...