View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 133 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drove by BMO quickly eastbound today along the southside, and it still looks very much in the in the excavation process. I didn't really notice any concrete being poured/concrete cylinders/etc.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-life View Post
    we don't own it but THIS IS OUR HOUSE......

and last time it checked if you rent something you can consider it your home
    I rented it twice. It's mine?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Maybe to show some civic pride and respect the oldest pro sports team in north america? Naaa, That's not what Torontonians do!

Your post shows me a great deal.

1) CFL is bush league because it's not the NFL (best football in the world) Yet, you love a team and a league that, at the latest ranking was 12th by some. Just a little hypocritical there bud!

2) You don't have respect and hate something you don't watch. Essentially, you don't know anything about it, you don't want to learn. That makes you ignorant. Don't hate something you know nothing about.

Comment on the play, schemes, reffing, stadiums,differences whatever on the CFL. But to call something you don't, and never really have watched a "BS Bush League" that you shouldn't have respect for makes you closed minded.
    1) where do they play better football than in the nfl and where are the best players

2)I have tons of respect just not or the cfl
    If you guys want to troll each other do it in pm's. The rest of us have a topic we want to stick to.

It's about the stadium.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    I drove by BMO quickly eastbound today along the southside, and it still looks very much in the in the excavation process. I didn't really notice any concrete being poured/concrete cylinders/etc.
    I recall seeing a pump-crete truck there a few weeks back so i believe the concrete foundation is poured. I'm going to try and swing by and take pictures after 5:00 if possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 accounts from 104 to 110 have been expropriated. Top half of 110 may no longer be a supporters section. The great atmosphere that was the top of 110 will probably be gone. That sucks worse than the product on the field the last 8 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    I recall seeing a pump-crete truck there a few weeks back so i believe the concrete foundation is poured. I'm going to try and swing by and take pictures after 5:00 if possible.
    Thanks Flint!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    100 accounts from 104 to 110 have been expropriated. Top half of 110 may no longer be a supporters section. The great atmosphere that was the top of 110 will probably be gone. That sucks worse than the product on the field the last 8 years
    I got the call this afternoon about this from my ticket rep. I'm in upper 111 so it's affected as well. They will call me back before the standard relocation (which sounds like it will be done online this year) with my seating options, but will want a deposit at that point.

The rep's answers to my questions didn't instil too much confidence in this process though.....I'm just waiting for the call back and preparing to be told that they don't have any light grey or yellow supporters seasons for me......guess I'm just used to being jaded so this is what I'm prepping for. I hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not get anything from my ticket rep yet about relocation I'm in 114 so

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The City want the Argos at BMO, MLSE wants a partnership, Argos want to be there.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The City want the Argos at BMO, MLSE wants a partnership, Argos want to be there.
    That's not true anymore based on today's article on the Star. City already did their part, Argos now have to do their part.
    Last edited by TFC07; 11-07-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I rented it twice. It's mine?
    Lol ya I'd say so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    That's not true anymore based on today's article on the Star. City already did their part, Argos now have to do their part.

I really hope the mlse is not dumb enough to let them aka the argos ruin the atmosphere and homely feeling I get when I go to bmo, its ours I want everything red and I hope it can be ours and ours alone.... and the grass please don't forget about the grass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    If you guys want to troll each other do it in pm's. The rest of us have a topic we want to stick to.

It's about the stadium.

I guess he's right.... ill save my shit talk for another convo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TL did the deal for the Argos to practice at Downsview, they MLSE can sell this project with more involved ie the Argos, it is simply a no brainier.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    TL did the deal for the Argos to practice at Downsview, they MLSE can sell this project with more involved ie the Argos, it is simply a no brainier.
    That doesn't mean anything! Renting out space to make money is one thing, but partnering up with Argos is another thing which MLSE isn't interested in. It's common knowledge now that MLSE has no intention to get involved with Argos.

Right now, Argos are trying to get into BMO field but don't have money and lease agreement to make it happen. Given their attendance and money issues Argos are dealing with, who knows what will happen to them in 2017. They're on decline big time and close to folding if they can't find a home soon. The fact they got rid of their marketing department while their CEO & President said that hosting a playoff game will cost them money instead of make them money just shows how bad situation is over there.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope the mlse is not dumb enough to let them aka the argos ruin the atmosphere and homely feeling I get when I go to bmo, its ours I want everything red and I hope it can be ours and ours alone.... and the grass please don't forget about the grass
    At this point MLSE are aware of us that feel it's a turning away point to take away the Soccer Specific from our stadium. The only question will be if they feel it's enough of us to make a difference to them.

I for one have said many times that its what makes our place or any stadium specific to footy special and couldn't care less if the walls of the building got a pretty facelift.

No fan or supporter calls a shared ground a shrine.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..... The fact they got rid of their marketing department while their CEO & President said that hosting a playoff game will cost them money instead of make them money just shows how bad situation is over there.
    You have a source on that? I can't find that in the Star article. Not doubting you, just trying to get the whole story.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That doesn't mean anything! Renting out space to make money is one thing, but partnering up with Argos is another thing which MLSE isn't interested in. It's common knowledge now that MLSE has no intention to get involved with Argos.

Right now, Argos are trying to get into BMO field but don't have money and lease agreement to make it happen. Given their attendance and money issues Argos are dealing with, who knows what will happen to them in 2017. They're on decline big time and close to folding if they can't find a home soon. The fact they got rid of their marketing department while their CEO & President said that hosting a playoff game will cost them money instead of make them money just shows how bad situation is over there.
    The CFL does. I wouldn't worry, just as I wouldn't worry about an 8 year old franchise that is losing money. It will be done.

Just to take this in another direction, let's assume that the Argos don't come to a lease agreement. And fold.

Is the City, and MLSE, stating anywhere in their construction plans that if an agreement is not reached within the next 4-5 months that BMO Field will permanently become a soccer specific stadium? Temporary seating will be thrown out the window. Massive concrete poured and thereby closing the door forever to CFL football including Grey Cups and a future CFL Revival (ie. The Argos II)?

I can't count how many times that Ottawa has folded and then come back so these types of things happen quite regularly in the CFL. Sort of an interesting question isn't it?

Which begs a bigger question of TFC Ownership. How long are they prepared to be renters and do their long term plans for this team include a soccer specific stadium… that they own? Or do they only foresee a future in which TFC will always be part of a multi-tennant situation?

I think the renter situation makes a lot of sense in the early years of the franchise. But with a 20 year lease on BMO, I would have hoped that they have developed soccer to the point that it could survive on its own, in its own stadium when that lease expired. With 12 years left and all this renovation on the City's building, I guess they haven't.
    Last edited by Pookie; 11-08-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You have a source on that? I can't find that in the Star article. Not doubting you, just trying to get the whole story.
    till, for a team that has drawn just 16,000-19,000 fans a game this season, hosting a West cross-over opponent in next week’s East Division semi-finals would have its burdens too.

“It’s a double-edged sword for us because we want to show we’re putting a competitive product on the field, but hosting the East-semi would be a significant economic challenge for us, as the host team is responsible for so many extra costs, including travel for the visiting team,” said Chris Rudge, Argos executive chairman and CEO. “For most teams, hosting a playoff game allows you to generate a big crowd and a chance to make a profit, but we face a different challenge in Toronto and have a limited marketing budget. In order to break even we would have to sell 20,000-25,000 tickets for that game.”

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle21489911/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cowboys and Jaguars did a number on the pitch at Wembley. Six days ahead of England's next European qualifier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...s-Cowboys.html

The resources available at Wembley must surely dwarf what is on hand at BMO Field. Anyone who thinks football and soccer are a good mix in one stadium is crazy. Anyone who thinks soccer fans will go on buying tickets to watch a worse level of soccer than what we already watch is even crazier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    The Cowboys and Jaguars did a number on the pitch at Wembley. Six days ahead of England's next European qualifier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...s-Cowboys.html

The resources available at Wembley must surely dwarf what is on hand at BMO Field. Anyone who thinks football and soccer are a good mix in one stadium is crazy. Anyone who thinks soccer fans will go on buying tickets to watch a worse level of soccer than what we already watch is even crazier.
    Yup. Keep in mind that it was two football games not 10 games played at Wembley.

If Argos move in, then except we get field turf which will be a major step back for soccer and international soccer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does wembley use that hybrid stuff that Arsenal and a few others use?
    the stuff that Leiweke said would be fine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Yes, they use Desso Grassmaster, supposedly the best of the best hybrid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Keep in mind that it was two football games not 10 games played at Wembley.

If Argos move in, then except we get field turf which will be a major step back for soccer and international soccer.
    Yes, this is true. The biggest problem right now is probably convincing the MLSE board that MLS will continue to grow and is worth investing in. What's going on with Chivas isn't helping and seeing empty seats during playoff games doesn't help either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    But did Leiweke guarantee it would be fine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Yes, this is true. The biggest problem right now is probably convincing the MLSE board that MLS will continue to grow and is worth investing in. What's going on with Chivas isn't helping and seeing empty seats during playoff games doesn't help either.
    Or convince them that you will lose hosting major soccer games (international friendlies and WCQ games). You can't charge same amount money to Argos fans like you would with major soccer games. Not only that, but you risk not signing "world class" players who don't like playing on field turf. It will make TFC job harder to keep up with rest of MLS where signing DP's is becoming more important than ever before.

Fieldturf will be kiss of death for MLSE and City of Toronto who invested a lot of money on BMO field so they can host bigger events eventually making BMO field a lost cause where it will start losing money not make money for both parties.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    But did Leiweke guarantee it would be fine?
    write it down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or convince them that you will lose hosting major soccer games (international friendlies and WCQ games). You can't charge same amount money to Argos fans like you would with major soccer games. Not only that, but you risk not signing "world class" players who don't like playing on field turf. It will make TFC job harder to keep up with rest of MLS where signing DP's is becoming more important than ever before.

Fieldturf will be kiss of death for MLSE and City of Toronto who invested a lot of money on BMO field so they can host bigger events eventually making BMO field a lost cause where it will start losing money not make money for both parties.
    Yes, that's right. It has to be that soccer on its own is a good investment. It's very frustrating that they screwed up the investment themselves and then they're the ones who will decide on the future of the stadium. If they had built a proper team out of TFC on the foundation that was handed to them by the early support then none of this would even be a discussion now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Yes, that's right. It has to be that soccer on its own is a good investment. It's very frustrating that they screwed up the investment themselves and then they're the ones who will decide on the future of the stadium. If they had built a proper team out of TFC on the foundation that was handed to them by the early support then none of this would even be a discussion now.
    This is why I hope Toronto NASL team becomes a reality because it brings much needed competition in this market for soccer. MLSE will surely have to step up their game if they don't want to lose soccer money to Toronto NASL who will play in their own stadium and attract major soccer games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why I hope Toronto NASL team becomes a reality because it brings much needed competition in this market for soccer. MLSE will surely have to step up their game if they don't want to lose soccer money to Toronto NASL who will play in their own stadium and attract major soccer games.
    That's one way they might react to competition. It's not the way the parent companies deal with it, but you never know...