View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 125 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 4872
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    ^ BUT - people opposed to the Argos coming in (us, people who don't want city money spent on the Argos, etc.) need to turn up the political heat to make sure the city doesn't underwrite it, either.
    Not enough heat can do that. Until council is populated with people now under 40, the Argos are a sweet memory for many of them (not that they go - IIRC only Ford and Grimes really go to games).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as I understand it the plan is to remove the south end stand and put in retractable seats that close flush with the concourse.

There is no point in doing anything at cost to the North End. It is High cost and not all of it maybe needed in a Soccer only phase three. But to do anything in Phase to require tearing out the north totally, That is a good portion of the 30 million I suspect

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    as I understand it the plan is to remove the south end stand and put in retractable seats that close flush with the concourse.

There is no point in doing anything at cost to the North End. It is High cost and not all of it maybe needed in a Soccer only phase three. But to do anything in Phase to require tearing out the north totally, That is a good portion of the 30 million I suspect
    That idea will be the determining attribute whether they intend to put in Argos. It sounded abandoned but we'll see soon enough. Then people can decide how they feel about it. I haven't heard the confirmation on that part of the design yet.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The seats that are being added are $30 seats. Selling an extra 8000 of those (assuming it's even possible) is worth maybe $4M a year.
    I don't get the math here. If the prices in the new East stand mirror that of the West stand it's way more. The only sections at this yrs prices under $30 are 219,220,226 and 227. Everything else is higher (221 and 225 were under $30 a game but only for renewals and Everyone seems to agree prices are going up).

For new Season ticket holders the prices are higher using 2014 pricing and 17 games:

221 and 225 $34 a ticket
    222-224 upper $55 a ticket
    222-224 lower $75 a ticket

$4M seems understated to me
    Another summer of hope!

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will there be a webcam sort of feed showing the state of construction?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phase 1 refrences building the concourse behind the south stand that links the east and west as well as becoming the foundation for the roof in phase 2. So to me the only way to expand is North. Washrooms and concourse would be too expensive to demolish in the south, especially with their newly made concourse. I can only see the bottom 3rd being used as its all empty under the first 7 feet in the south. Even then you have to consider the access tunnels and placement so its very tight in the south.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That vote in April no longer applies.

There's been another vote since then which changed the terms of reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not referencing the vote, referencing the design. The vote that followed maintained the seating plan.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool.

For those in the North end, IIRC, if Phase III happens, there will be retractable seats in the north as well.

You might be getting closer to the action.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Until the Argos/CFL come up with the cash, they are not moving in.

There is a reason why that aspect has been uncoupled from the build as a whole. Grimes and other CFL supporters can talk all they want. MLSE has told them to put up or shut up. Politically, MLSE can't say anything but "Yes, this is what the city wants and we will work with it." What they are not saying is the second bit. "if the CFL comes up with the money."

Braley ain't going to pay for it.

The CFL can't raise the cash.
    Or MLSE waives the condition. That's in the legal document. They have that option and need phase 3 to go ahead to get to the expansion numbers.

It's moot anyways as the CFL has said publicly it will look to raise the funds.

Whether they raise all of it or get some from some ministry of culture, who cares.

The will exists and the contract is open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was in the document approved by the city in June

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't like the look of those renderings at all.
    Everything looks still cheap, roof is boxy and ugly, everything is too open, stadium lacks any kind of personality.
    Absolutely nothing to like about that!

Jesus merciful Christ, how can some of you say that those renderings are looking great?
    Great compared to what?
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 09-24-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Everything looks still cheap, roof is boxy and ugly, everything is too open, stadium lacks any kind of personality.

Jesus merciful Christ, how can some of you say that those renderings are looking great?
    Great compared to what?
    Compared to today's BMO. Any sort of upgrade is nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great compared to what?
    Beggars can't be choosers.

To be honest, I agree with your comment and I think MLSE is better off building their own proper soccer stadium instead of spending close to $100 million on BMO field renovation.

New BMO field is still behind likes RBNY and SKC stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    I don't get the math here. If the prices in the new East stand mirror that of the West stand it's way more. The only sections at this yrs prices under $30 are 219,220,226 and 227. Everything else is higher (221 and 225 were under $30 a game but only for renewals and Everyone seems to agree prices are going up).

For new Season ticket holders the prices are higher using 2014 pricing and 17 games:

221 and 225 $34 a ticket
    222-224 upper $55 a ticket
    222-224 lower $75 a ticket

$4M seems understated to me
    No way they are going to get more than $30 given current demand, for additional nose bleed seats
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    No way they are going to get more than $30 given current demand, for additional nose bleed seats
    There is some bizzare thinking going on for sure.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pay 55 in the so called nose bleeds in the west side...from what I heard its going be the same on the east side has the west.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on this season. If we make the playoffs and go on a run, then I truly believe we can average 27-28k next season.

Missing the playoffs this year after all the hype and money spent would be a disaster. We'd have bigger problems than filling a stadium.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    It all depends on this season. If we make the playoffs and go on a run, then I truly believe we can average 27-28k next season.

Missing the playoffs this year after all the hype and money spent would be a disaster. We'd have bigger problems than filling a stadium.
    Run in playoffs AND keep Defoe then perhaps it could be closer to those numbers.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marlies' outdoor games? Outdoor All Star Game? Potential use for the Royal Winter Fair? World Cup? Major Rugby tournaments? Why can't we be great?

And while I'm spitballing let's paint the support girders red, shall we?

Ref:

I'm only half kidding...or maybe not at all.
    Last edited by Daveisonfire; 09-24-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil the Concourse is connected behind the South Stands. If you rip them out (stands only not the concourse) and put in retractable seats they will push back to the concourse wall (like a High School GYM on a bigger scale) That gives you your south end zone.

And then you build a similar concourse on the North after tearing everything out of there (stage and all). Put in the same retractable seats that mirror more closely the south end.

If they want to save money they don't put in a concourse and just the retractable seats and leave those seats uncovered with no Roof in the north.

I am 99% certain that is what will happen if it comes to it.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil the Concourse is connected behind the South Stands. If you rip them out (stands only not the concourse) and put in retractable seats they will push back to the concourse wall (like a High School GYM on a bigger scale) That gives you your south end zone.

And then you build a similar concourse on the North after tearing everything out of there (stage and all). Put in the same retractable seats that mirror more closely the south end.

If they want to save money they don't put in a concourse and just the retractable seats and leave those seats uncovered with no Roof in the north.

I am 99% certain that is what will happen if it comes to it.
    Ya, you might be right. I guess we will know when we see what kind of facilities still exisit in the south end at the end of phase 2 if phase 3 hasn't been confirmed at that point. I wonder when the real 'drop dead' date is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Ya, you might be right. I guess we will know when we see what kind of facilities still exisit in the south end at the end of phase 2 if phase 3 hasn't been confirmed at that point. I wonder when the real 'drop dead' date is.

January 1st, 2250.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great compared to what?
    That's probably my biggest complaint. BMO Field still lacks any personality or uniqueness with the renovations, and I think the designers are missing an opportunity to create something that really stands out. I know the look of the facility's facade won't generate any extra revenue, but I think it's a shame that there is so little thought being given to the aesthetics of the structure - and that's saying a lot coming from a guy who tends to place a larger emphasis on functionality over look. And I don't think it would have to cost much, either. Even a bold colour scheme on the exterior would help.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Or MLSE waives the condition. That's in the legal document. They have that option and need phase 3 to go ahead to get to the expansion numbers.

Whether they raise all of it or get some from some ministry of culture, who cares.

Exactly. Just because the Argos aren't moving in next year or even the year after that is meaningless. Minds change over time, and policies may shift quite a bit in two or three years. There are two points that are inescapable:

Point 1- The Toronto Argonauts will no longer be playing at Rogers Centre by 2017.

Point 2- BMO Field is being upgraded and renovated in a way which will accommodate a CFL Field in the future.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post
    Marlies' outdoor games? Outdoor All Star Game? Potential use for the Royal Winter Fair? World Cup? Major Rugby tournaments? Why can't we be great?

And while I'm spitballing let's paint the support girders red, shall we?

Ref:

I'm only half kidding...or maybe not at all.

It is unbelievable that MLSE will spend another 100 Mil on top of 65 mil from 8 years ago to build stadium that still looks cheap and everything but fan friendly,in the meantime in very expensive Europe AZ ALkmar in Holland manages to built 17K stadium in 2006 for 38 mil Euro with option to expend to 30K and looks 100 times better that BMO will ever look.

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    It is unbelievable that MLSE will spend another 100 Mil on top of 65 mil from 8 years ago to build stadium that still looks cheap and everything but fan friendly,in the meantime in very expensive Europe AZ ALkmar in Holland manages to built 17K stadium in 2006 for 38 mil Euro with option to expend to 30K and looks 100 times better that BMO will ever look.

This post could make me cry
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

Not sure there is a need for MLSE to have a stadium beyond 30K.

BTW, the will means nothing if they don't bring the cash. And neither Braley nor the CFL are doing that currently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not sure there is a need for MLSE to have a stadium beyond 30K.

BTW, the will means nothing if they don't bring the cash. And neither Braley nor the CFL are doing that currently.
    This is a strange deal, and Phase 3 is particularly weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    This was in the document approved by the city in June

No way phase 1 this is done by May 1, 2015. Adding a rebuilding the east stands and all the other work in 8 months.
    No way.

Where are playing in may, june and july next year. Lamport .. hamilton ... yorkU... skydome