View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 93 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So next year, we will have 30K seats? If so, then SSH relocation event is going to be interesting. I don't mind going to east stand if I can find great seats for decent price.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    So next year, we will have 30K seats? If so, then SSH relocation event is going to be interesting. I don't mind going to east stand if I can find great seats for decent price.
    I don't see it being that interesting. I assume few people drop out, so with a decent renewal rate people will only be coming in to add additional seats. Also, I assume our current ridiculous renewal price will go up at some point so tickets wont be so cheap for those of us who have been around for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I don't see it being that interesting. I assume few people drop out, so with a decent renewal rate people will only be coming in to add additional seats. Also, I assume our current ridiculous renewal price will go up at some point so tickets wont be so cheap for those of us who have been around for awhile.
    I'm assuming the cost of my seats at the top of 110 this season, will be comparable to the price of seats at the top of 210 next season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking lower 106 and 109 along with the upper bits of 107 and 108 will go Red. The upper tier will mirror the upper tier on the West side.

The litmus test for will be those expanded reds and light greys in 211 and 204; lets see if they can sell more cheaper non-supporter tickets and more higher end. The expensive Reds in the east side have been an embarrassment on TV the last few years. If I can see the maple leaf on TV, that's an issue.

I'm assuming the medium greys, with a price increase, will do OK.

Away fans getting farther from the pitch for sure.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-03-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaahuuu View Post
    I'm assuming the cost of my seats at the top of 110 this season, will be comparable to the price of seats at the top of 210 next season.
    Hopefully, they get some bug control along with the new roof. That was a very uncomfortable few months at the top of the West stand back in the first season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever is posting that the Sprint Center actually makes money has no clue. I guess you can find a news story that'll say anything.

This is a huge ongoing issue in KC, It's in the papers constantly (I know, I go there), the city is servicing a huge debt on that building that dwarfs whatever they make off the odd Bon Jovi concert.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Whoever is posting that the Sprint Center actually makes money has no clue. I guess you can find a news story that'll say anything.

This is a huge ongoing issue in KC, It's in the papers constantly (I know, I go there), the city is servicing a huge debt on that building that dwarfs whatever they make off the odd Bon Jovi concert.
    I have said, and always said, Operating Profit.

Don't say I have no clue what I was talking about when you have no clue what I said.

I thought it was pretty good that a major arena in NA that has no major tenant is able to have an operating profit. Besides, as I understand it they created new taxes to hotels & car rentals to pay it off. Debt servicing is still a different category than operating profit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post

Don't say I have no clue what I was talking about when you have no clue what I said.

I thought it was pretty good that a major arena in NA that has no major tenant is able to have an operating profit. Besides, as I understand it they created new taxes to hotels & car rentals to pay it off. Debt servicing is still a different category than operating profit.
    And yet no one appreciates the profit since the building was intending for something that failed to appear. "Not bad" for taxpayer. Still not good enough for Johnny Sports fan in KC.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sprint Center with no anchor tenant is the 6th most used arena in the United States...so much for that 'odd' concert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok to Simplify.

as soon as the season is over this year they will start work, in early 2015 after an extended road trip (or Rogers games) will have to happen till about may at which point it should look like this.
    Or close to it (just less or more yucky)

Then after the 2015 work will start on the Roof and some time between March and May of 2016 Bmo will look like this kinda.

That is just the stuff from the PDF.

The idea is to cause as little disruption.

So the Roof people who have been yelling they want a roof should be happy now...

I'm still unsure as to what is happening with the grass... we've heard Field Turf endzones but I can't see that... I know CFL fans (as has been stated here) don't seem to think their is a injury risk with a surface change part way into the endzone.. but I can't see that going well. Someone is going to hit a seam and break an ankle.

They would have to be putting Grassmaster through out, leaving the seats back most of the time. a few dead patches have to be safer then a long seam.

So this is happening...

If this is going to go bad this may be my last season. Which is sad. I refuse to give MLSE money if this goes badly.

If they can do a better job then they do in Seattle with the lines... it could end up being as good as Seattle. If we can get a little on field success.

Time will tell... but

This is happening.
    Last edited by Kaz; 04-03-2014 at 03:24 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    The Sprint Center with no anchor tenant is the 6th most used arena in the United States...so much for that 'odd' concert
    Yes and people still resent it and the people involved in building it for not achieving its original purpose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post

It's the stadium math politicians use all the time in the US, and it's bogus.

You can't talk about one without reference to the other. If I borrow a $275 million dollars to build something that produces $1.6 million a year of "Operating Profit", but costs $14 million a year of debt service, that was an idiotic decision. Somebody has to pay the capital cost.

Re the taxes, those tax dollars weren't used to do something else, they were used for this. That opportunity cost is real, it's not just conjured out of thin air. They don't have schools or transit facilities or whatever that they otherwise would have spent the money on.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-03-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Jeez Louise. How could that be true?

For LIVE ENTERTAINMENT, OK, whatever. That is not sports.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/14...om-sprint.html

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a hilarious quantifier. So busy as long as one doesn't include sports. The intended purpose of the place.

*slowest clap ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since January they have had 28 days of use.

Air Canada Centre has had 64 in the same period (The Leafs played 17 home games in this period)

15 of those were non Sports related.

In the the last 12 months the Sprint Centre has been used around 72 times. (March to April)

Which puts it 2 to 3 times more active then BMO but at almost 4 times the cost.

I can see why people could be upset.

A NHL or NBA team would not double but heavily increase the revenue the stadium makes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't talk about one without reference to the other. If I borrow a $275 million dollars to build something that produces $1.6 million a year of "Operating Profit", but costs $14 million a year of debt service, that was an idiotic decision. Somebody has to pay the capital cost.

Re the taxes, those tax dollars weren't used to do something else, they were used for this. That opportunity cost is real, it's not just conjured out of thin air. They don't have schools or transit facilities or whatever that they otherwise would have spent the money on.

WOW. $12.4 million a year sink hole.

Or, 200+ years to pay off the intial invesment.

Ouch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone seen this? I had no idea so much of the ACC was retractable. I have a lot more faith in the quality...
    The Pitch and Paint are now my only concerns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Anyone seen this? I had no idea so much of the ACC was retractable. I have a lot more faith in the quality...
    The Pitch and Paint are now my only concerns.

pretty cool hey.

I recently went to the OKC v Raps NBA game at ACC on a Friday night (game finished at about 10:30pm due to double overtime), then got to the Habs v Leafs NHL game the next night from 7pm (yes I rushed there straight from the TFC home opener), game finished about 9:30pm - ACC in hockey mode, and then next day - Sunday at 1pm, it was back in NBA mode for Raps v Atlanta game. If you had turned up for just one game of those you really couldn't tell that they switch it around unless you knew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still unsure as to what is happening with the grass... we've heard Field Turf endzones but I can't see that... I know CFL fans (as has been stated here) don't seem to think their is a injury risk with a surface change part way into the endzone.. but I can't see that going well. Someone is going to hit a seam and break an ankle.
    Edmonton did it for a year ago or two back around the time of the world track and field championships prior to going all artificial. I don't recall any problems. It was admittedly odd but for logistical reasons it was necessary. It's no like one of those astroturf carpet seems. You've got an inch and a half of either grass or fake grass on top to buffer the seem. That said, it is worth investigating further.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That's a hilarious quantifier. So busy as long as one doesn't include sports. The intended purpose of the place.

*slowest clap ever
    It is amazing.

How could KC's building, in the 29th biggest MSA in the US, with no sports teams, be the 6th "busiest" building in the USA? Like seriously, how on earth can anyone buy that?

This is how the game works. There are politicians in KC trying to save their skins, and AEG people trying to deflect the criticism, so they say ridiculous things to friendly reporters, and then wave the stories around as "the story". Most who read their stories don't or won't use their brains.

It works, too, look at the willingness here of uninvolved people to be the amen chorus for this kind of thing, and turn the whole subject into a confusing mess.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-03-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys would make good hockey parents.

Complain, complain, never happy....lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    You guys would make good hockey parents.

Complain, complain, never happy....lol
    What is going on at BMO is the biggest story in this town in 25 years.

Who knows what will happen with Leiweke, Bradley, Defoe? People come and go (except Clarkson Billy - he's staying!)

But this building, what happens now, we'll live with it for most of our lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I know. Its all just kinda outside our realm of influence.

The convo is going in circles.

At this point I want a nice stadium for the City. My attention will turn on when they start discussing all the details around the look.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll only be happy until I see a roof.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure I read the city introduced taxes on Hotels & car rentals to help pay this off which generate about ~10m a year, is it still losing the 14m after that?

Also, there is a reason why levels of government borrow to build things. Generally, because now interest is lower than inflation later, however because of the market downturn and historically low inflation rates in the US, they have so far taken a hit on this.

Either way, I'm just going to assume that you were not directing that comment at me because I never said it was making money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it is

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows what will happen with Leiweke, Bradley, Defoe? People come and go (except Clarkson Billy - he's staying!)

But this building, what happens now, we'll live with it for most of our lives.
    I'll take one step at a time, thanx ....I guess we could have waited forever for the perfect solution and have no soccer , sounds like the way Toronto goes about it's business always . Think TTC transit , waterfront...............Like our political process , I'm so tired of putting things off. I'll take watching our team now and in a revamped stadium with more fans soon thanx. A little entertainment , which I'll pay for, is fine by me. Tiring
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my seats are in the first row of the retractable section in the south end. It'll be interesting/tense until I know what's going to happen to them.....i.e. Will Is till have them?

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are the corners going to be filled in with seats?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    I'll take one step at a time, thanx ....I guess we could have waited forever for the perfect solution and have no soccer , sounds like the way Toronto goes about it's business always . Think TTC transit , waterfront...............Like our political process , I'm so tired of putting things off. I'll take watching our team now and in a revamped stadium with more fans soon thanx. A little entertainment , which I'll pay for, is fine by me. Tiring
    That's not how I see it, but that is a legit POV.

I'd rather just have a decent MLS club in the park we have. I see the superclub stuff as a bribe to accept a crappier stadium down the line (although I can't help myself, Bradley is a stud and every last person here knows it)
    Last edited by ensco; 04-03-2014 at 11:11 PM.