View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 131 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    look out he comes MULDER...
    I think Mulder is too busy rooting for Ottawa Redblacks (too bad Ottawa didn't keep Roughriders name) these days to care much about Argos. Mulder is smart enough to know Argos are lost cause.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I think Mulder is too busy rooting for Ottawa Redblacks (too bad Ottawa didn't keep Roughriders name) these days to care much about Argos. Mulder is smart enough to know Argos are lost cause.
    Lost cause as long as they continue to play at Rogers Centre. They have their niche, making the experience in the stands fun and engaging will help. Next step would be to combat the consistent media negativity towards their brand, some self-inflicted, more by non-steakholders who have other interests.

If MLSE eventually does own the Argos, I'll be very interested to see if the Rogers media wing changes their tune.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    look out he comes MULDER...
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Guys, calling out the Argos is one thing (it's feeding a troll in this case) but this name dropping call out is personal. Please leave it out.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Guys, calling out the Argos is one thing (it's feeding a troll in this case) but this name dropping call out is personal. Please leave it out.
    who cares if its personal..shit happens its life we are grown men, that statement sounds pretty wimpy

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-life View Post
    who cares if its personal..shit happens its life we are grown men, that statement sounds pretty wimpy
    Personal insults are different from heated debate. It's been agreed upon how we want this forum used. Any other questions about moderating feel free to pm myself or another mod.

Thanks

Back to topic please
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-31-2014 at 12:53 PM.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...does anyone have a link to a BMO Field webcam so we can watch the stadium rebuild.

Or do we have to send Roller Blade Guy out every day?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal insults are different from heated debate. It's been agreed upon how we want this forum used. Any other questions about moderating feel free to pm myself or another mod.

Thanks

Back to topic please
    its pretty sad a grown man cant call out another grown man...and that didn't really seem like an insult ( well fromwhat I read) its seems like you may have taken it a bit too far.....
    Last edited by mook-life; 10-31-2014 at 01:27 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its pretty sad a grown man cant call out another grown man...and that didn't really seem like an insult ( well fromwhat I read) its seems like you may have taken it a bit too far.....
    No it wasn't an insult. That's why there was no infraction. That's why I asked them to leave the personal comments out.

Now I'm asking you to direct your questions about moderating to PM. Myself or another mod.

Back to Topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it wasn't an insult. That's why there was no infraction. That's why I asked them to leave the personal comments out.

Now I'm asking you to direct your questions about moderating to PM. Myself or another mod.

Back to Topic.

so if I thinks something is wrong no one but a mod should be able to see what I think is wrong? I feel like everyone who use's this forum should see a complaint... is there a complaint forum so that I can go back to the subject

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so if I thinks something is wrong no one but a mod should be able to see what I think is wrong? I feel like everyone who use's this forum should see a complaint... is there a complaint forum so that I can go back to the subject
    Everyone can read your POV here already.

I'm not sure what kind of forum you're looking for. You wish to complain that there isn't a callout forum/thread? We try to keep this place more friendly and tidy than that. If you want to report a post there is a button for that.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-31-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Lost cause as long as they continue to play at Rogers Centre. They have their niche, making the experience in the stands fun and engaging will help.
    it won't help when they continue to get less preferential dates at BMO Field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went by bmo tonight but was too dark and rainy out to take any pictures... I didn't see a ton of tangible progress so far

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Went by bmo tonight but was too dark and rainy out to take any pictures... I didn't see a ton of tangible progress so far
    I take it you soaped the windows cause they didn't give you anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drove by this morning on the Gardiner. Looks like there still excavating the east besides the stands. Nothing Building wise has been touched yet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    it won't help when they continue to get less preferential dates at BMO Field
    Than what they have now? Surely the Argos at BMO can do no worse than what they get at Rogers Centre. Infact, I think it's almost impossible.

I worked out the potential Toronto Argonauts 2015 schedule based on Jays, Concerts, Pan-Am events, and tournament that is held every September at Rogers Centre.

Between the start of the season ,end of June, and the end of September there is a very real possibility that the Argos can only host 2 games. If that tournament doesn't happen it's up to 3, with a maximum of 5. (making very risky assumptions that the Argos will play between the opening and closing ceremonies, and the Blue Jays will convert the field for a 4 day window where they don't play at home.) There has already been rumours that Cohon wasn't happy with the list of available dates at RC for the Argos in 2015.

There is also an upcoming U2 concert announcement, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Rogers Centre again.

So, could they do worse than a potential 2 home games in 3 months at BMO? No

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Than what they have now? Surely the Argos at BMO can do no worse than what they get at Rogers Centre. Infact, I think it's almost impossible.

I worked out the potential Toronto Argonauts 2015 schedule based on Jays, Concerts, Pan-Am events, and tournament that is held every September at Rogers Centre.

Between the start of the season ,end of June, and the end of September there is a very real possibility that the Argos can only host 2 games. If that tournament doesn't happen it's up to 3, with a maximum of 5. (making very risky assumptions that the Argos will play between the opening and closing ceremonies, and the Blue Jays will convert the field for a 4 day window where they don't play at home.) There has already been rumours that Cohon wasn't happy with the list of available dates at RC for the Argos in 2015.

There is also an upcoming U2 concert announcement, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Rogers Centre again.

Its the league that is driving the Argos move to BMO.
    The skydome is playing havoc with the CFL schedule and the big money clubs aren't putting up with it anymore.
    BMO will actually be more expensive for the Argos than the dome.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming to a Winter Classic in a few seasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will have no home games from March until May 9th. Then you consider Honda Indy (although moved to June it looks like), PanAM Games, Voyageurs Cup games now being played in July, 1 friendly, potential friendlies between 2 European clubs, a rugby game, Canada mens national soccer team games for world cup qualifying, depending on how we do at the Gold Cup a potential playoff qualifier for 2016 Copa America potential womens game in September, and the fact that we have been told that no CFL game will be played less than a week before a soccer game, when do you exactly expect there to be time for the Argos?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TFC will have no home games from March until May 9th. Then you consider Honda Indy (although moved to June it looks like), PanAM Games, Voyageurs Cup games now being played in July, 1 friendly, potential friendlies between 2 European clubs, a rugby game, Canada mens national soccer team games for world cup qualifying, depending on how we do at the Gold Cup a potential playoff qualifier for 2016 Copa America potential womens game in September, and the fact that we have been told that no CFL game will be played less than a week before a soccer game, when do you exactly expect there to be time for the Argos?
    Where did you read that last part about games a week apart? Leiweke said something about "not on the same weekend" http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/9/3...of-100-million

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you just answered your own question

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you just answered your own question
    Midweek games are not on the "same weekend."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone love the Argos these days? I tuned in to TSN Sunday afternoon while awaiting the start of the NASCAR race and caught the last half of the fourth quarter of their crucial game in Montreal.

They say dying is easy and comedy is hard. Got to see both in one viewing. First, the Argos set out to justify why the CFL is such a dwindling product in Toronto - simple passes dropped in open field, missed blocking assignments that get their key QB knocked senseless. Their big play of the fourth quarter was a shanked punt that rolled backwards and let the alert punter race over and fall on the ball for a first down.

Just like they practice it, no doubt.

To top it all off, with about three minutes to go and the Als leading 17-14 and the Argos desperately trying to drive for a tying score, their great friends at TSN put up a graphic saying the Jets and Chiefs NFL game is on RIGHT NOW on another TSN channel. Maybe it was a mercy call by the producer who figured we'd suffered enough with the cringeworthy product they were serving.

I used to love the CFL and the Argos. Really, truly cared. But over time, the NFL has grown to such an extent, that every franchise down south has squads of shadow players waiting in the wings, getting paid at least CFL-level salaries, just to hang around in case someone in the reserve ranks gets injured, so they can move up to that reserve position and properly practice with the big squad in hopes of being discovered. There's hundreds of American football players taking this option over playing in the CFL.

Once there was a time when those sorts of players would easily opt for the CFL. Hell, there was a time when even NFL backup-level players would opt for the CFL. No more. The huge money that envelops the NFL has worked to remove important sources of talent for the CFL. It will never work backward. The CFL just doesn't matter that much anymore and these guys would much rather stay at home than migrate north. The result is a level of play that is never going to catch the imagination of a sufficiently large audience in Toronto that the team will matter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Does anyone love the Argos these days? I tuned in to TSN Sunday afternoon while awaiting the start of the NASCAR race and caught the last half of the fourth quarter of their crucial game in Montreal.

They say dying is easy and comedy is hard. Got to see both in one viewing. First, the Argos set out to justify why the CFL is such a dwindling product in Toronto - simple passes dropped in open field, missed blocking assignments that get their key QB knocked senseless. Their big play of the fourth quarter was a shanked punt that rolled backwards and let the alert punter race over and fall on the ball for a first down.

To top it all off, with about three minutes to go and the Als leading 17-14 and the Argos desperately trying to drive for a tying score, their great friends at TSN put up a graphic saying the Jets and Chiefs NFL game is on RIGHT NOW on another TSN channel. Maybe it was a mercy call by the producer who figured we'd suffered enough with the cringeworthy product they were serving.

I used to love the CFL and the Argos. Really, truly cared. But over time, the NFL has grown to such an extent, that every franchise down south has squads of shadow players waiting in the wings, getting paid at least CFL-level salaries, just to hang around in case someone in the reserve ranks gets injured, so they can move up to that reserve position and properly practice with the big squad in hopes of being discovered. There's hundreds of American football players taking this option over playing in the CFL.

Once there was a time when those sorts of players would easily opt for the CFL. Hell, there was a time when even NFL backup-level players would opt for the CFL. No more. The huge money that envelops the NFL has worked to remove important sources of talent for the CFL. It will never work backward. The CFL just doesn't matter that much anymore and these guys would much rather stay at home than migrate north. The result is a level of play that is never going to catch the imagination of a sufficiently large audience in Toronto that the team will matter.
    There is no real point here on me pointing out your cluelessness on many aspects. Other than the fact you've decided to go completely off topic again and take a shot at Toronto Argo's How like you.

It just amazes me in Ottawa to see the synergy OSEG has created with the RedBlacks/Fury/67's, and how there may be a few cross-sport fans. No on puts down the other teams and shows a great deal of civic pride that we have all these sports teams.

Meanwhile, some people (like yourself) seem to go out of their way to put down other teams, in their own city, and even to a certain extent, fabricate reasons why they are suffering.

I'm also glad to see you've been brainwashed by the NFL/Toronto media machine. If you have never seen dropped passes and missed blocking in the NFL than you don't watch much/if any games, or else you'd think that product was dwindling too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always, thank you for reading and responding. And as usual, you got nothin'.

Enjoy the sporting life of Bytown-on-Rideau, Mulder. It's certainly easy to get tickets for all the events. The '67s are drawing family and friends despite the presence of stellar prospect Travis Konecny. Look up their attendance figures and compare them to where they were five years ago. That's some kinda synergy. The whole Lansdowne project is not really about sports. It's about commercial real estate development through Minto and associated property management firms in the schwingy Glebe district. It's a beach head for more to follow. They softened up opposition and got everyone feeling it was OK because they did a nice thing for the sports people.

My comments are always on point, playing the ball, not the man. In this case, they are to point out the futility of further spending to create anything for the Argos/CFL. Even TSN, the closest and most supportive ally the league could hope for, directs viewers away from an important game at a crucial juncture to watch a NFL telecast. They smell the catfood.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 11-03-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come'on .. You could say the same about MLS (vs mexican league) or even worse (let alone european leagues) .. only the CFL is #2 league and MLSE #25.
    Enough with the local team bashing. Strong sports market to good for everyone (bars do more business and more are opened, more options for sports fans, the massive profits TSN makes on CFL allows them put more money into MLS broadcast quality which wouldn't be broadcast based on audience #s). I liked going to the the Argo/TFC doubleheader at the start of the season ... wished the teams would work out schedules to do more of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mods where are you....has this become the argo thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also glad to see you've been brainwashed by the NFL/Toronto media machine. If you have never seen dropped passes and missed blocking in the NFL than you don't watch much/if any games, or else you'd think that product was dwindling too.
    You can argue a lot of stuff and yeah a lot of things in the OP's post were unfair (as MLS fans we watch a less than elite product ourselves)... But let's not debate the quality of play of CFL vs NFL here, you're not going to get anywhere with that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always, thank you for reading and responding. And as usual, you got nothin'.

Enjoy the sporting life of Bytown-on-Rideau, Mulder. It's certainly easy to get tickets for all the events. The '67s are drawing family and friends despite the presence of stellar prospect Travis Konecny. Look up their attendance figures and compare them to where they were five years ago. That's some kinda synergy. The whole Lansdowne project is not really about sports. It's about commercial real estate development through Minto and associated property management firms in the schwingy Glebe district. It's a beach head for more to follow. They softened up opposition and got everyone feeling it was OK because they did a nice thing for the sports people.

My comments are always on point, playing the ball, not the man. In this case, they are to point out the futility of further spending to create anything for the Argos/CFL. Even TSN, the closest and most supportive ally the league could hope for, directs viewers away from an important game at a crucial juncture to watch a NFL telecast. They smell the catfood.
    The thing is, the CFL have some recent examples of the difference the stadium makes. It's not really a stretch to think that a stadium like McGill in downtown Toronto would draw as well as the one in Montreal for CFL games.

As always the problem in Canada is ownership. And that's a problem for TFC, too, because there's no real reason to think the team will ever be any better than it has been since it began. Or, really, that MLS will ever be anything more than the CFL, a distant minor league in North America.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    You can argue a lot of stuff and yeah a lot of things in the OP's post were unfair (as MLS fans we watch a less than elite product ourselves)... But let's not debate the quality of play of CFL vs NFL here, you're not going to get anywhere with that one.
    Not really the point I was getting at. As a true football fan you can respect and like both and don't have to pick.

The fact that American coaches/media/players have more respect for the CFL than some Canadians is pathetic.