View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 148 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    great pics!!!

still at the framing and no concrete yet. ah man, looking bad for may10
    Anywhere you see the white sheets wrapped around the framing they are putting down concrete

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely an outdoor hockey game is not the driver for this. What's the take from that? Even if they sell 40,000 seats at average of $500 each, the take is only $20 million per game. And surely it's less seats than that, at a lower price.

And what, one game every 5-10 years?

That's not paying for the renovations. Particularly as it means one less game at the ACC, where surely they'd have half the take as at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post
    sweet pics. The stadium really is starting to look more like a soccer stadium. Next year when the roofs are added, it will be sweet. I think some of the NFL stadiums of today are getting to fancy with to much other things going on that are just made to make sales and stuff that take you away from the actual game, are stadium, even tho pretty new, and going through renovations the basic structure is looking like a pro soccer stadium and looks like a stadium made for soccer, its new but in a way old school style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Surely an outdoor hockey game is not the driver for this. What's the take from that? Even if they sell 40,000 seats at average of $500 each, the take is only $20 million per game. And surely it's less seats than that, at a lower price.

And what, one game every 5-10 years?

That's not paying for the renovations. Particularly as it means one less game at the ACC, where surely they'd have half the take as at BMO.
    I think Toronto wants a outdoor game in Toronto in 2017 for the 100th year anniversary. But I do not think that was ever going to be to much of a factor as it will only be a outdoor game there once every few years at best. But Argos can be a factor don't forget, that adds at least 8-10 games a year at BMO, plus maybe future grey cup games. But that may not even happen. Either way if Toronto FC can fill the stadium on average or close to, that will probably pay for itself. A few teams in MLS have put some serious money down to build new stadiums (NY and Kansas both put $200 million I believe?) and they don't even plan to ever use it for another sports venue. I am sure they looked at it and what the costs are and how much revenue they can make off of it. I am guessing they figure an MLS team on its own can pay for the bill. Toronto FC only paid something like $75 million for BMO field when they built it, another $100 million just puts tt close to what a few other teams have paid for stadiums.
    Last edited by james; 01-26-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There goes the best view of the skyline of the city.

David Miller brought visiting dignitaries to the west stand just to show them.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...that concourse level running the whole way from the north west around the south back to the north east.

Not much sign of them working on that at the south end. There's still a hole between 111 and 112.

Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

We'll always have Paris. This was from the press box, it might actually still look okay from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the best view of the skyline is from the tiny beach area on the north side of olympic island

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Campbell said in another tweet that it'd be held at Rogers centre with the roof open.

Really wonder what that means for BMO.
    I think it would be similar to Detroit. In that BMO would be used for a week of festivities, and AHL game for sure (Toronto/Hamilton seems logical), maybe a college tournament with U of T, etc, youth games, and so on. SkyDome would be used for the main winter classic game with the Leafs. Makes too much sense. More boxes, more seats, and so on. Vancouver proved the game doesn't even have to be outdoors anymore.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats interesting with the game in Vancouver was that It was announced only hours before the game that the roof of BC Place would be closed for the duration of the game due to weather concern. It really comes down to the drainage system.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There goes the shittiest stadium in the league with a great view of the skyline on the west-side. Enter: proper football stadium.

I'll take the new over the old any day of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hotel they are building on the Ex Grounds (Brooker's second last picture to the left) will probably now have the best skyline view of the city with a more appropriate setting for dignitaries (rooftop lounge/pool)

http://hotelxtoronto.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    The Hotel they are building on the Ex Grounds (Brooker's second last picture to the left) will probably now have the best skyline view of the city with a more appropriate setting for dignitaries (rooftop lounge/pool)

http://hotelxtoronto.com/
    So much for the idea of getting a cheap sleep right next to BMOF. Maybe I can hide under a table in the lobby and pass out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    There goes the shittiest stadium in the league with a great view of the skyline on the west-side. Enter: proper football stadium.

I'll take the new over the old any day of the week.
    I certainly go to stadiums to enjoy the bloody stadium (along with the sport...and the women.) A city sightline is nice, but who friggin cares! You can see the cityline from a billion locations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upper west side should still have a decent view of the skyline. As for my vantage point, it won't make a difference at all, LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have been many seasons where the skyline was the only interesting thing to watch. Let's hope those days are over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's with so much talk about the view over the years. Seriously I would take the new renovated stadium over a city view that only the upper west side could see anyday, honestly who cares. If you want to go see a view of the city there is so many spots around the city that you can visit and snap some photos of the skyline, from Condos, balcany's, office buildings, roof top patios, to the Toronto Islands to parks and streets to the CN Tower, take a boat and take photos from the Lake, you can take a helicopter ride, so many ways to get great views. Doing it at a Soccer game tho? I just don't think its important.
    Last edited by james; 01-28-2015 at 02:04 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Whats interesting with the game in Vancouver was that It was announced only hours before the game that the roof of BC Place would be closed for the duration of the game due to weather concern. It really comes down to the drainage system.

Oh my. I did not know they did this. This is hilarious. Shine on, you Vancouver.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    what's with so much talk about the view over the years. Serious I would take the new renovated stadium over a city view that only the upper west side could see, honestly who cares. If you want to go see a view of the city there is so many spots around the city that you can visit and snap some photos of the skyline, doing it at a Soccer game tho? I just don't think its important.
    I don't know, I really felt it made our stadium unique and added to the atmosphere. Albeit, I am biased as my season seats are on the Upper West Side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I think it would be similar to Detroit. In that BMO would be used for a week of festivities, and AHL game for sure (Toronto/Hamilton seems logical), maybe a college tournament with U of T, etc, youth games, and so on. SkyDome would be used for the main winter classic game with the Leafs. Makes too much sense. More boxes, more seats, and so on. Vancouver proved the game doesn't even have to be outdoors anymore.
    Im no engineer or anything so I don't know the inns and outs about the Sky Dome, but I remember over the years some people posting on here that Sky Dome wasn't winter proofed on the inside or something along those lines, so if the roof was open January 1st and it was into the minus temperatures and it was snowing it could actually cause some problems to the inside of the Sky Dome....how true that is? I don't know because I do know the stadium was built over many years and the roof was the last thing put on the stadium so it must of went through some cold winters during the construction, unless that was just more concrete and many things were added once the roof was built that aren't made for the winter cold, drainage system could be the biggest issue. Basic point tho was could the Sky Dome actually host an open roof in the mid of Winter?
    Last edited by james; 01-28-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I don't know, I really felt it made our stadium unique and added to the atmosphere. Albeit, I am biased as my season seats are on the Upper West Side.
    The only reason I don't think it makes us that unique with the skyline view is that quite a few NFL stadiums and Baseball stadiums in USA have really good skyline views. I think the renovations of BMO field will make it more unique with or without the skyline, the stadium is starting to look more like pro soccer stadium and quite different to other stadiums in MLS, it actually looking a bit more like a stadium maybe you could see in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off-topic, but it does relate to Argos move to BMO field

Toronto Blue Jays want grass in the Rogers Centre: An inside look at the difficult growth process it requires

Just read here: http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01...s-it-requires/

Rogers still don't know how much it's going to cost and when exactly grass is going to be install (2018 is earliest they can install grass), but they're experimenting it at U of Guelph for grass that can grow indoors with artificial lights.

But point is: we still don't know how much it's going to cost (BUT we all know going to cost a lot of money) and when exactly grass will be installed (2018 is earliest they can do it, but as of right now, it's just fantasy to get grass in 2018). So this might affect Argos move to BMO field if Rogers decide to offer Argos a new lease (which will be cheaper than moving to BMO field for Argos) if Rogers can't get grass on time or decide it's too costly to install and maintain grass.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks rickety as fuck and even more K'NEX than the original.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the view. I also really liked the beer garden. But the stadium is crappy. I'll reserve judgment until we see this thing in person - the drawings always look great (they did for BMO originally too) but if it's just a bigger, more charmless meccano set, that won't do much for me.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too impressed with the reno so far.
    I think they went far too big on the second grandstand. Why so many seats? How often in the past few seasons has BMO been "100 per cent sold out"?
    The better option may have been to scrap and rebuild the east stand completely, and if not, gone with a smaller, more intimate upper deck.
    Right now even the jays would have trouble filling 30,000 seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they went far too big on the second grandstand. Why so many seats? How often in the past few seasons has BMO been "100 per cent sold out"?
    The better option may have been to scrap and rebuild the east stand completely, and if not, gone with a smaller, more intimate upper deck.
    BMO field isn't all about TFC, it's about to host other events at BMO field (like international soccer and winter classic).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya other events like the upcoming Pan Am games was a huge reason for the renovations, plus maybe Argos moving in the future? (I hope not). An outdoor Hockey game maybe, and probably making big sales if Toronto FC was to have a good season for once and make the playoffs because if you can still get 16k-18k a game after 8 brutal years always finishing bottom of the league I don't see why they couldn't easily sale 27k-30k if they actually were a top team and playoff games, I could only imagine Toronto would go crazy in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This club will sell out 30K for much of the season, no doubt. The opener will set the tone, with the delays it'll be a warmer day too. Should Gio arrive early and we find results, TFC tickets could even go as far as becoming something hard to come by.

Our season is backloaded on home dates, if we're a playoff team or in the race? Good luck to those without season tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the roof goes on it's going to look and sound fantastic. And if they can really improve the concession area in the east side I'll be very happy. I've waited nearly half an hour for food at halftime because it's so crowded on that side. Need way more space and more concessions.