View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 138 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 4872
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering how our grass was at the beginning of this year having it torn up any more than that makes it unplayable. It was brutal to watch the team try to play on it with these huge divots. This could go south really fast if they don't have their shit together in terms of the field. Bob Hunter seems so bloody confident his hybrid solution will work so well.

Also, if they ever have those football lines on the field I am out as a season ticket holder and I am sure many other people feel the same. I could barely watch that last game against New England it looked like such amateur hour in the world of footy to see that bloody gridiron with a soccer game going on with yellow painted lines.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Considering how our grass was at the beginning of this year having it torn up any more than that makes it unplayable. It was brutal to watch the team try to play on it with these huge divots. This could go south really fast if they don't have their shit together in terms of the field. Bob Hunter seems so bloody confident his hybrid solution will work so well.

That would be the same Bob Hunter who had a whack of misspellings in his PP presentation to the city, kept referrging to the practice facility at Green Bay by the stadium name and didn't know anything about safe standing last March?

We should call him Tunnel Vision Bob - after all, we are getting a Tunnel Club.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    You act like I am championing this deal.
    No. I'm acting like you're rubber necking an accident. That's a hyperbole (and a simile).

You're saying the negotiating away of our Soccer Specific Stadium is "fun".
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    No. I'm acting like you're rubber necking an accident. That's a hyperbole (and a simile).

I like watching Shark Tank and Dragon's Den.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again, I regret renewing (more like paying first partial payment) my season tickets. Is it possible to get my money? I might as well avoid this disaster waiting to happen now and spend my money somewhere else.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like watching Shark Tank and Dragon's Den.

That response was better than my second coffee was.

Thanks for that.

Here's to grass? Long may it lay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post

Also, if they ever have those football lines on the field I am out as a season ticket holder and I am sure many other people feel the same. I could barely watch that last game against New England it looked like such amateur hour in the world of footy to see that bloody gridiron with a soccer game going on with yellow painted lines.
    yup I do not like watching soccer with football lines & I don't like watching football with soccer lines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Once again, I regret renewing (more like paying first partial payment) my season tickets. Is it possible to get my money? I might as well avoid this disaster waiting to happen now and spend my money somewhere else.
    I just pick up season ticket for Hamilton cfl team for the same price that I pay for tfc. I asked the CFL rep when he thinks Hamilton's team will be ready he said maybe 2 or 3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    I just pick up season ticket for Hamilton cfl team for the same price that I pay for tfc. I asked the CFL rep when he thinks Hamilton's team will be ready he said maybe 2 or 3 years.
    That's good. We need another team in Southern Ontario to compete against TFC.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On the theme of negotiation, this was an interesting segment on TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/grey-cup-ins...ttawa-1.146735

Lease offer extended but funding gap (the 15-20m) still exists.

CFL considering covering the difference either through raising funds within the league OR promises of Future Grey Cups and the profit that goes with it.

Interesting in that segment is that the CFL Board leaked that if MLSE plays too hard here, they would consider a real estate type deal on their own and build their own stadium in the suburbs, financed like Ottawa's.

No one likes to be put in a corner. Will be interesting to see where this lands.

My guess is that the Province covers half the funding gap, Feds stay out and MLSE gets a couple of Grey Cups thrown their way over the next 10 years to cover the shortfall, which they waive.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the theme of negotiation, this was an interesting segment on TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/grey-cup-ins...ttawa-1.146735

Lease offer extended but funding gap (the 15-20m) still exists.

CFL considering covering the difference either through raising funds within the league OR promises of Future Grey Cups and the profit that goes with it.

Interesting in that segment is that the CFL Board leaked that if MLSE plays too hard here, they would consider a real estate type deal on their own and build their own stadium in the suburbs, financed like Ottawa's.

No one likes to be put in a corner. Will be interesting to see where this lands.

My guess is that the Province covers half the funding gap, Feds stay out and MLSE gets a couple of Grey Cups thrown their way over the next 10 years to cover the shortfall, which they waive.
    Am I missing something bad here? From what I read the CFL is threatening to not use BMO and move to the suburbs by raising their own funds likely with bake sales in Saskatchewan or anywhere else where they care more about the CFL? Without revealing the bake sales are to get the Argos a new home, of course.

This threat is the best news this thread has heard in several pages. Keep that news coming, Pook!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup...move the argos to the burbs .......can't see understand how this has weight in negotiations............ ....................please the time has come the only way for the argos to survive is to go small......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    yup...move the argos to the burbs .......can't see understand how this has weight in negotiations............ ....................please the time has come the only way for the argos to survive is to go small......
    They are just trying to show MLSE that they have other options as I would bet that the terms of the lease offered were pretty favourable to MLSE. Don't see them as realistic options and MLSE wants 40,000 seats and Grey Cups.

Probably a little back and forth to be done before they hit March.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are just trying to show MLSE that they have other options as I would bet that the terms of the lease offered were pretty favourable to MLSE. Don't see them as realistic options and MLSE wants 40,000 seats and Grey Cups.

Probably a little back and forth to be done before they hit March.
    beggars trying to twist MLSE's arms by threatening to build a stadium that they can't afford. lulz
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooo....the CFL needs BMO so bad that they would stop their usual rotation of the very profitable Grey Cup, which makes a ton of money on the prairies and even made some in Toronto a few years ago, and give that profit every few years to a party that doesn't even own a team - MLSE?

If I was the owner of a Prairie team, I might tell the CFL to go with that burbs proposal - and play the Argos out of Guelph until they get a stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    beggars trying to twist MLSE's arms by threatening to build a stadium that they can't afford. lulz
    If I were MLSE I would tell then to go ahead and build their own stadium.MLSE doesn't need them to come into BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Oh, joy.

Yeah, know where you are coming from. Looks like it might be inevitable...the PFL, prairie football league (since those three provinces are really the only ones that seem to care about the CFL anyways) will be coming.
    I thought that too, till my wife started working for a marketing company and sent me this. Even at The CFL commissioners press conference that Southern ont CFL numbers are very strong. It's the Dome. 3.6 Million watched just from the GTA. I think BMO is a done deal. Will make for a interesting year
    http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1078...age-television

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Take it with a grain - or a bucket - of salt. A Grey cup with a very popular list of half-time performers is in no way an indicator of sustainable game-to-game interest.

And the number listed states "some" of the game, not all of it. Heck of a ratings number at face value, but when you consider that could be people watching Bieber at half-time, not the rock solid indicator I'd be looking for to say CFL in GTA is popular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* It looks like a done deal.

Just saw a CFL pre-game segment with Dave Hodge interviewing the outgoing CFL commissioner who said he fully expects the Argos to be playing out of BMO Field this time next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure they are....if they wanna play on 10 yard end zones...the argos will be at BMO one day but i doubt next year probs 2 yrs from now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the CFL wants this to happen, they will find the money to make it happen or pressure the right people to make it happen. Especially if it's in Bell/TSN's best interests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That would be the same Bob Hunter who had a whack of misspellings in his PP presentation to the city, kept referrging to the practice facility at Green Bay by the stadium name and didn't know anything about safe standing last March?

We should call him Tunnel Vision Bob - after all, we are getting a Tunnel Club.
    Someone send bob video of the England v Slovenia match at wembley. Pitch was an embarrassment after one game the jaguars played there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Sure they are....if they wanna play on 10 yard end zones...the argos will be at BMO one day but i doubt next year probs 2 yrs from now.
    Hey if it worked for the Shreveport Pirates....(or was it the San Antonio Texans. Ah the glory days of the CFL)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Soooo....the CFL needs BMO so bad that they would stop their usual rotation of the very profitable Grey Cup, which makes a ton of money on the prairies and even made some in Toronto a few years ago, and give that profit every few years to a party that doesn't even own a team - MLSE?

If I was the owner of a Prairie team, I might tell the CFL to go with that burbs proposal - and play the Argos out of Guelph until they get a stadium.
    The same owners of the prairie/western teams that have hosted 15 of the last 20 Grey Cups? 19 of the last 25? I'm sure they realize it's the east's turn to host a few and maybe actually fix that "rotation".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I missing something bad here? From what I read the CFL is threatening to not use BMO and move to the suburbs by raising their own funds likely with bake sales in Saskatchewan or anywhere else where they care more about the CFL? Without revealing the bake sales are to get the Argos a new home, of course.

This threat is the best news this thread has heard in several pages. Keep that news coming, Pook!
    The Rough Riders have telethon experience. Perhaps they could host a telethon for them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The Rough Riders have telethon experience. Perhaps they could host a telethon for them.
    Or maybe they could sign a retiring, oft injured NFL Star to a lucrative 4 year contract and build a ticket selling campaign around that? The guaranteed playoff revenue would surely be significant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least they have playoff revenue - unlike a certain team

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or maybe they could sign a retiring, oft injured NFL Star to a lucrative 4 year contract and build a ticket selling campaign around that? The guaranteed playoff revenue would surely be significant
    No. They do that with NFL castoffs. NFL stars stay in the NFL. NCAA stars, yes, from time to time.

One can make a case for which league is better off with these marketing decisions but let's not pretend they both don't have to make concessions from not being the top tier.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE execs react to news that TFC fans are upset at Argos moving into BMO Field:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drove by today - construction is happening fast. The vertical beams are in, and the bottom portion of the stand is taking shape