View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 137 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 4872
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the south end in 214A (row 21) and I just talked to my rep because my seat numbers changed on my renewal notice and I didn't think the south end was going to be affected at all but I guess my top row is. He said the accessible section is expanding but the amount of accessible seating is being reduced so that is why the change in my ticket numbers is happening. I guess the expanding part he is referring to more room from the concourse being added. Makes sense to reduce the accessible seating I guess since they don't use anywhere close to what is available up there for people with actual accessibility needs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with this new expansion, do yu think away supporters will be moved to a new section? Personally, I love when there is an away contingent at BMO. For some reason, we as supporters seem to up our game when away supporters come for a visit.

I think moving them to the furthest possible section (either the top of 203 or the top of 227) would be fine. I mean when you go to redbull arena, you are put I there furthest location

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoke to our rep today and the only thing that is happening in our seats on the north end of 110 is that we're moving two seats to the south to make room for the new entrance. I read someone in another thread complaining that their seats in the top of 110 were too close to the fancy boxes and people there wouldn't like all the noise, swearing and carrying on. The seat move had a great outcome for us; my fears were fortunately groundless. Now I hope the top of 110 doesn't become neutered by the presence of the toffs in the fancy seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some dude rated TFC experience
    http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/bmo-field-s133
    dunno how credible this is
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's being nice to us, our stadium, and our atmosphere, so I won't knock him for it.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    This screen grab makes it look like the bottom walkway and handicap seating in the southend is gone and more seats added. I see why they would do it but if this is right it changes everybodies spot in the "first rows" of each section as no longer the first row seats and we possibly lose our railings. I will not be happy if this happens.

Waa waa me.

Dom
    Last edited by Eastend; 11-21-2014 at 08:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    This screen grab makes it look like the bottom walkway and handicap seating in the southend is gone and more seats added. I see why they would do it but if this is right it changes everybodies spot in the "first rows" of each section as no longer the first row seats and we possibly lose our railings. I will not be happy if this happens.

Waa waa me.

Dom
    Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post

On top of someone pointing out that it looks like the accessible seating is gone in the front of the south end, it also looks like all that seating has moved to the front of 126, 127.

Interesting....
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New BMO Field video - doesn't really offer anything new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJfXw...ature=youtu.be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post

The west stand now looks out of place with a roof put over a very cheaply built set up. If they ever sink more money into the stadium, my hope is they rebuild the media centre and add an additional concourse to the 2nd tier. It add no additional revenue though.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 11-24-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The music rocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    So with this new expansion, do yu think away supporters will be moved to a new section? Personally, I love when there is an away contingent at BMO. For some reason, we as supporters seem to up our game when away supporters come for a visit.

I think moving them to the furthest possible section (either the top of 203 or the top of 227) would be fine. I mean when you go to redbull arena, you are put I there furthest location

I commented on this in the 2015 season seat thread. I sit in 104 so I want to know if they are moving it or not before I decide whether or not I relocate. The rep I talked to basically said he didn't know/didn't think they are moving (didn't seem like the sharpest kid). I don't think it makes sense to leave them there in the lower level right in front of the box seats so I imagine they have to be moving. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waa waa me.

Dom
    Had the same thoughts when I saw it since in similar situation. Since seats were bought since Day 1 for that reason (on the rail .... first row of seats) for most, I would imagine that any change like that would result in existing seatholders being moved to whatever that first row is. Then again ... it is MLSE so who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of extra room under the east stands with field level entrances in place, must only be for the rugby tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    Lots of extra room under the east stands with field level entrances in place, must only be for the rugby tournament.
    Umm, the extra space under the east stands - I am guessing that is not a rugby thing, it's a phase 3 Argos and visitors dressing rooms space...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems they got rid of the dug outs, will the players be sitting in the stands now?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    It seems they got rid of the dug outs, will the players be sitting in the stands now?
    The fact that they had dugouts but at least 95% of the time nobody sat in them was pretty silly so if they did get rid of them that would probably be a good idea. I guess they assumed teams would like it but nobody wanted to be sitting in a hole beside the field apparently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody got any updated pics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waa waa me.

Dom
    yah, looks like the north end is further from the touchline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to Dave Naylor at TSN - there has been a lease offer extended to the Argos from MLSE to play at BMO

http://www.tsn.ca/video/grey-cup-ins...e-cfl-1.145992
    Last edited by GabrielHurl; 11-28-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So according to Dave Naylor at TSN - there has been a lease offer extended to the Argos from MLSE to play at BMO

And they could play there as early as 2016 which would be a big driver for them.

This is consistent with Bob Hunter of MLSE suggesting weeks ago that if the deal came into place soon, they could accelerate construction to allow for a 2016 move in date.

Negotiations are fun to watch.

Also interesting from that segment is that there are 4 interested potential buyers of the Argos themselves.
    Last edited by Pookie; 11-28-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicking on this thread feels like reading your own autopsy in slow motion.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yeah, know where you are coming from. Looks like it might be inevitable...the PFL, prairie football league (since those three provinces are really the only ones that seem to care about the CFL anyways) will be coming.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

Negotiations are fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Quoted for verification later that we here are not of the same mind about these events. The fact the posts follow each other are an added bonus for me.

There are tv shows about surgeries. There must be people watching them. I liken this process to one of them or rather as attractive as one.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think the Argos question was never really a question. More like hope the facts were wrong.

Fans on game days probably won't notice much of anything and if anything the stadium upgrades don't happen if they weren't chasing Grey Cups and Winter Classics. So in that sense, BMO will be an upgrade on the whole.

The real "autopsy" for me is whether the grass survives. That is probably going take a few years. But multiuse through our harsh seasons seems like a bad, bad prognosis. The cost and ability to maintain it might bring the carpet question back into play.

That's the sad thing in all of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pookie is right. Look at the complaints about Wembley. CFL Football in the rain in the fall will destroy grass, it just does. Not sold on hybrid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CFL can't play on grass. Hybrid it will be. And nowhere near so high a grass to plastic ratio as they use in EPL fields. And there will be visible lines.

One way we will know where this is going is if they use the people at Guelph to develop the proper hybrid to get through the fall/winter or rely upon US "experts" who will have no clue.

In theory, it is possible to develop a more soccer focused mix. But, nobody has done that in North America, yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking on the Desso website and they place the artificial fibres 20cm deep and 2cm apart. Knowing what they know now about how american football chews up grass, perhaps they might make a more robust surface if they increase the density to 1cm apart and depth to 30 cm? How much would quadrupling the synthetic fibe density affect play?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I think the Argos question was never really a question. More like hope the facts were wrong.

Fans on game days probably won't notice much of anything and if anything the stadium upgrades don't happen if they weren't chasing Grey Cups and Winter Classics. So in that sense, BMO will be an upgrade on the whole.

The real "autopsy" for me is whether the grass survives. That is probably going take a few years. But multiuse through our harsh seasons seems like a bad, bad prognosis. The cost and ability to maintain it might bring the carpet question back into play.

That's the sad thing in all of this.
    Soccer Specific Stadium. Cause and effect. That's the sad thing. For me. Not for you and many others.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I was looking on the Desso website and they place the artificial fibres 20cm deep and 2cm apart. Knowing what they know now about how american football chews up grass, perhaps they might make a more robust surface if they increase the density to 1cm apart and depth to 30 cm? How much would quadrupling the synthetic fibe density affect play?
    Not a turf expert by any means but I'd wager that would improve the surface. The real test though comes when it is raining. And soil becomes mud. And mud creates divots.

Anything could probably be repaired given the technology and the money. At some point though you've got to think that if they continually have issues and it is costing them dollars upon dollars that they will go the way that Vancouver, Seattle and Portland have gone.

Speaking of Seattle, they recognize they can't use a hybrid surface so are pushing for a replacement carpet.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/0...for-a-new.html

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Soccer Specific Stadium. Cause and effect. That's the sad thing. For me. Not for you and many others.
    You act like I am championing this deal.

This is MLSE that is pushing it. MLSE chose to rent a stadium for TFC instead of building one for it. It chose to then establish a multi-use business case around it and crafted the deal to profit from that. It extended the lease to the Argos. It talked of Grey Cups and Winter Classics.

My position all along is that if that is the way the wind is blowing, figure out how to leverage it to get the most for TFC. Season ticket holders, of which I am not one, will now enjoy a new roof which is a great thing.

The last battle will be over grass. I think you… and others… need to ensure that they don't make decisions with spreadsheets in the years ahead and demand that they keep it grass.

Like the negotiations over this rental agreement, there is a business case for them to eventually move to turf (like Seattle). That's where the next wind is coming from.