Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cunningham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Cunningham

What is it with this guy?
    He is quite possibly one of the worst strikers I have ever seen.
    he cant dribble, cant time his runs, can't shoot and is lazy.
    yeas, he has 96 odd goals....big deal. Right now, he is shit and has been for a while.
    For the love of God Mo, get a striker in.....Id rather have Lombardo play instead of this muppet.

Infuriating!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amen brother

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's gone come June. I think he knows this and is just doing enough to catch on with another team.

WE NEED A STRIKER RIGHT NOW! I hope Carver's got something up his sleeve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt waste your breath, hes not going to be around long.
    hes obviously not happy here, and carvers not happy with him here.
    We are on the look out for a DP striker, and we need his spot/salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I hope, I HOPE we get a good player in here to take up that striker position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodbye Cunny Goodbye -- I'd say we'd miss ya but it wouldn't be true . . . OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Goodbye, Cunny Goodbye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stinks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything serious in the old rumour mill?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is too may people picking on cunny, cut him some slack...supporters were giving velez the same shite...but now? Cunnys confidence is not there and he won't get it in the reserves, where he has played well. Saying that, he MUST take advantage of the current opportunity to play with guys on national call it...come on Cunny you have your chance...for christ sakes take it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a matter of confidence, he doesn't play with heart. You don't see him hustling out there like he should be. He gives up too quick.

At least Lombardo tries hard and ends up with the same result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, I have cut him all the slack that I'm going to. He has had lots of chances...yes, he is fast...yes, he very occasionly scores a goal, but he's lazy and inconsistent and not fighting for the cause!

He must go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll miss cunny if he goes. I feel like ever since the columbus "hands on hips" incident everyone has immediatly called him lazy all the time, and I simply just don't agree with that. Good player, just can't find his niche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Dude, I have cut him all the slack that I'm going to. He has had lots of chances...yes, he is fast...yes, he very occasionly scores a goal, but he's lazy and inconsistent and not fighting for the cause!

He must go.
    I completely agree, the sooner he leaves the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno about "lazy" but he's not particularly smart when it comes to making runs.
    he's one of those guys with all the physical gifts to succeed, but his Soccer IQ just isn't there. Not to compare across positions, but a guy like Tebily has a good Soccer IQ from what I've seen so far. Marshall + Brennan too. But Cunny doesn't know what he's doing out there in relation to the team. Can you teach that at age 31? no...

Think about those long balls Robert has served to Cunny on occasion and how Cunny never takes the correct route to the ball. Then he's out of the play and walks back (that's where people see the laziness.. but really it's just him putting himself out of the play). He's like an island out there all by himself. Sadly, even when someone leads him perfectly with a pass, and he's one on one, he still fails. I thought in the past maybe him and Dichio could work well together with Dichio's flick ons... but now I wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys should've kept Esky. He's a better system player - that is, he's more willing to do the sort of dirty work that might not show up on the scoresheet, but that helps his team out even if he's not actually scoring. He's also a much, much better locker room guy. He's also a pretty lethal finisher when he's healthy and on form.

In fact, I'm still bummed he doesn't play for DC anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league has changed a lot since Cunny was actually good. There are better players now and the talent level has surpassed him. Cunny's time is done. He needs to go.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EdTheRed View Post
    You guys should've kept Esky. He's a better system player - that is, he's more willing to do the sort of dirty work that might not show up on the scoresheet, but that helps his team out even if he's not actually scoring. He's also a much, much better locker room guy. He's also a pretty lethal finisher when he's healthy and on form.

In fact, I'm still bummed he doesn't play for DC anymore.
    Esky didn't want to be here..so what can you do? force him to say and be unhappy? he;'s deadwood we don't really want. Cunny if his form doesn;t improve will be unloaded but again who will take him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Esky didn't want to be here? where'd ya hear that?

not that I'd want Esky back, but the guy seemed to like toronto, did the blog thing regularly, and took it hard when he left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunny's gotta go. Even Velez has scored more goals than him. And, as someone has said, the league has gotten harder and he's past his prime. He should join Philly or Seattle next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Esky didn't want to be here? where'd ya hear that?

not that I'd want Esky back, but the guy seemed to like toronto, did the blog thing regularly, and took it hard when he left.
    Dude ... Esky was loving it here! He was livid! It was a sad day to see him go for Cunningham. Mo just had to make the difficult decision of using Esky as bait to get Cunningham. Unfortunately, Mo's gamble didn't pay off since Cunny barely added any more numbers to his Jersey. It's like he doesn't want 100 bad enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    The league has changed a lot since Cunny was actually good. There are better players now and the talent level has surpassed him. Cunny's time is done. He needs to go.
    Pretty much my feelings too. I think Cunningham's 96 goals is more an indictment of the quality of the MLS a decade ago than it is a testament to his abilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    ...He should join Philly or Seattle next year.
    Interesting idea I just got from reading this.

Perhaps we should keep Cunningham around until at least after the expansion draft so we can make him available to protect somebody else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunny is not impressing and we gave him slack, almost a year later, he is not the bill of goods we thought he could be. I was excited at first and perhaps expectations were too high, but I expected someone experienced who could finish. I fail to see any ability to finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Cunny should consider becoming a sprinter because he's obviously not a striker but boy can he run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    there is too may people picking on cunny, cut him some slack...supporters were giving velez the same shite...but now? Cunnys confidence is not there and he won't get it in the reserves, where he has played well. Saying that, he MUST take advantage of the current opportunity to play with guys on national call it...come on Cunny you have your chance...for christ sakes take it!!
    Cut him some slack!?!? He's been a striker in the league for 10 years and he can't make a run to save his life, nevermind put any goals in the back of the net. With the talent in our midfield, he should be getting a ton more chances on goal. Why doesn't he? Because he can't anticipate a pass worth shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, maybe you guys could replace him with McBride...since apparently you've got his MLS rights...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that…err…"performance" last night finally silences the guys behind me who are forever calling for him.

I was disappointed in what I saw after all the hype when he arrived and he's gotten worse…last night was a classic…

I say we trade him for Richie Cunningham…fuck…Pottsie would do better…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all honesty.. Cunningham is Washed up in all senses.. He might have been a prolific scorer in his time but now i think the league has changed and improved so much that he no longer is effective..
    It must say alot when carver is not even letting him be the starter..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to disagree with everyone saying that MLS has outgrown Cunningham because it simply isn't true. In 2006 season Jeff had 16 goals and 11 assists which was his best year in MLS. The next year he had 3 goals in 7 games for RSL then got traded to TFC and he's only scored 4 goals in many games.

It's hard to blame MLS when you see these facts. He's just a player on the decline, that's all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunningham is shite, he's as sharp as a pocket of marbles, this has been his forte since he arrived, shite, please don't make any more apologies for him.

GHTF