Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I blame Cathal at the Star for all of the confusion.
    I remember back in the day when I enjoyed his column now it seems every time I pick it up he's just saying one depressing thing after the next. Remember his "preview" of the 08 season? How it was going to be long and boring? I've written him several times but he's never replied, probably because he knows I'm right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny that we are talking about reporters who can't get names right. Today, I was listening to the Fan 590 and they called Guevara the funniest thing I've ever heard. GUEVA. HAHAHA, I swear it happened, and you probably heard it if you were driving in to work listening to Fan 590. Anyways, I won't mock them too much yet because they just started to reporting on MLS. And quite often I must say.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad always uses "FC." I corrected him once, but I felt kind of bad so now I don't say anything. I think it's just ingrained in North American sport, that the mascot name is separate from the city name... pick any team from the four big major leagues and their mascot name is synonymous with the city.