Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Break Out the Julius James songs....

Hello Julius James!!!!!! (and Pat Phelan?)

It appears JJ did not get called by Trinidad....
    http://www.socawarriors.net/news1.htm

....so what will be the starting lineup Saturday? (I'm assuming Marshall is not available, even though Jamaica don't play until June 3rd)

Here's three possible formations....

1. Only one player makes his debut (James). But Smith is out of position. This is what I think Carver will do, as I think he would be loathe to ask both James and Phelan to play their first MLS minutes at the same time.

-------Edwards-------------

Wynne-Tebily-James-Brennan

Dunivant-Harmse-Smith-Ricketts

-----Dichio-Cunningham--------

2. Since Smith is not a natural CM, Carver could also start Phelan in CM, play Smith at striker, and bring Cunningham in as a sub. But it would put two guys in central defense/midfield making their debuts togtether, which is maybe not such a good idea.

Wynne-Tebily-James-Brennan

Dunivant-Harmse-Phelan-Ricketts

-----Dichio-Smith--------

3. Another refinement (if you'd rather have Smith at striker and Phelan in instead of Cunny) would be to bring JB back into central defense, put Duni at left back and put Phelan in at left wing.....but I think this would be a hopeless midfield...

Wynne-Tebily-Brennan-Dunivant

Phelan-Harmse-Smith-Ricketts

-----Dichio-Smith--------

[EDIT:BOTH VELEZ AND MARSHALL SAID LAST NIGHT THAT THEY ARE AVAILABLE SATURDAY, AND ARE THEN LEAVING FOR NATIONAL TEAM DUTY. MARSHALL IS STILL QUESTIONABLE FOR SATURDAY, HIS HAMSTRING IS STILL SORE]
    Last edited by ensco; 05-29-2008 at 10:30 AM.