Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    We're the four year old reacting to a newborn coming home for the first time.
    Exactly.

As for DCU, I think they probably have the most organized "hardcore" supporters, in the Barra Brava, but outside of that the support is less enthusiastic, and plentiful.

That doesn't bother me, though. They've had many more years to figure it out than we have, and we will get better with time. TFC's support organizations are still going through the same learning process as Seattle - we are just farther along.

Things like chants and songs have to spread into the consciousness of TFC fans organically, over a longer period of time. We will eventually look back on these days and laugh.

And chances are Seattle fans will look back and laugh at their marching band and cheerleaders too. Everyone is learning.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing that still bugs me is the amount of empty seats at BMO at game time, just before the half ends, and at about the 80th. minute, no matter what the score is you see people leaving in droves, people who got to the game late to start with, leaving early even when the game is still close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    The one thing that still bugs me is the amount of empty seats at BMO at game time, just before the half ends, and at about the 80th. minute, no matter what the score is you see people leaving in droves, people who got to the game late to start with, leaving early even when the game is still close.
    im too busy yelling, chanting and watching the play to notice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    to fix showing up late, TFC is putting earlier times on the tickets than the actual kickoff, so the casuals show up earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    Oh come on...easiest chant ever.

Who ate all the pies?
    Who ate all the pies?
    Drew, fat bastard!
    Drew, fat bastard!
    Drew ate all the pies!
    bump!!!!

that fucker took a shot at us, so making fun of weight seems reasonable.haha

section 115, home of the longest chant, can make this happen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
    bump!!!!

that fucker took a shot at us, so making fun of weight seems reasonable.haha

section 115, home of the longest chant, can make this happen!
    did you even watch the video? joe roth is the one that made the comments. drew carrey is pure class, i like him more than i like our own owners, by far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, how many of you are on the waiting list for seasons? While selling over 20,000 season tickets is impressive for Seattle the fact still remains that our club caps sales. Looking at the two in the same light simply isn't a fair comparison. That said, they seem to have pretty good support and they did spank NY (are shite) in their first match. If they want to say stuff about us, fine. We'll use that against them when they come for a visit in a couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

joe roth annoys me. he has this stuck-up egotism that reeks of hollywood snobbery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the fuck is Seattle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    to fix showing up late, TFC is putting earlier times on the tickets than the actual kickoff, so the casuals show up earlier.
    are they actually doing that this year??

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    are they actually doing that this year??
    Yes, this has been rolled out this year.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    so the casuals show up earlier.
    Didnt realize we had a big casuals problem. Maybe we need some cctv in and around BMO...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by t-bag View Post
    Didnt realize we had a big casuals problem. Maybe we need some cctv in and around BMO...
    i'm using the north american sense of the term.
    i can understand the europeans getting a little confused with the north american meanings though

TFC RealDeal RPB

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    they sold more tickets because are stadium only has 20,000 seats. Seattle play in a 67,000 seats stadium, tho they only sell somethin like 25,000 seats a game. But still they have a much bigger stadium and cann sell as much tickets as they want.
    if TFC had a 30 000 - 40 000 seats i think we would sell out but of couse Toronto can't do anything right when it comes to stadiums or area's. its good to see it take off so well in Seattle, i know were going to bop them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRB while I watch games in our own soccer specific stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to watching TFC dust FC Drew Carey.

Whats with the college football band style music anyways?

Too soft no thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    did you even watch the video? joe roth is the one that made the comments. drew carrey is pure class, i like him more than i like our own owners, by far.
    i did watch the video, drew carey made a similar comment on one of the many t.v. interviews he has done in the last month.

still a good chant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's settle this one April 4th at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cocky cocky Starbucks fans....
    Lets get our shit together, and intimidate the f*ck out of the Sounders when they come to the Fortress. Their fans will then notice that we are still supreme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC RealDeal RPB View Post
    if TFC had a 30 000 - 40 000 seats i think we would sell out but of couse Toronto can't do anything right when it comes to stadiums or area's. its good to see it take off so well in Seattle, i know were going to bop them
    id say we could fill maybe 30,000 seats. 40,000 id say only in the short term. If we had some bad seasons the casual fans would leave.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edmundo View Post
    Smack talk is good. It creates good rivalries and makes for more excitement when we paly them. Nothing wrong with his comments. Seattle should be proud of their opening game match, their season ticket sales etc. It is good for them and for the league as a whole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Smack talk is good. It creates good rivalries and makes for more excitement when we paly them. Nothing wrong with his comments. Seattle should be proud of their opening game match, their season ticket sales etc. It is good for them and for the league as a whole.
    smack talk is good, but starting a thread regarding the smack talk is even better! gets our supporters fired up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
    smack talk is good, but starting a thread regarding the smack talk is even better! gets our supporters fired up.

Think anyone from Seattle will be making a trek to T dot for opening game????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I skipped over most of the posts in this thread as I don't want to read that many posts...however did anyone else catch when the owners told the fans to bust their loads for the team?
    Ummm please don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TERSIGNI View Post
    Judging from the few minutes of video replay on MLS site, the atmosphere in Seattle was electric. If the fans keep it up all year, we will be forced to take it up a notch or two at our games to remain the best and loudest supporters in the league.
    I don't think we've ever been the best, or the loudest. DC has some wicked support. In terms of the time we were given to organize vs the end product, we were definitely the fastest to catch on in terms of support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TORONTO FC vs SEATTLE MUTE

I wish I had tickets to the game, hope the weather holds for everyone attending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    Yes, this has been rolled out this year.
    shhh...keep that quite so people don't figure it out and continue to arrive late

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC RealDeal RPB View Post
    We wouldn't sell 40,000 seats out. Not unless Beckham comes to Toronto. Believe me, there were two games I couldn't go to last year and I had problems giving my seats away (for free). Just because you have 10,000 people on the list doesn't mean that you will sell 20,000 more to every game. I think MLSE is doing the right thing by not expanding and keeping the demand up.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they can take as many points from our Eastern neighbors as they want as far as I am concerned, hell, make the bloody finals. .

they will not move themighty mighty TFC.

Congrats to them, I have nothing but happiness for the city, their fans and supporters.

Until they are our opposition.

Then I will eat their children.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.