Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laurent Robert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ENSCO. Robert has the most class on the team. Without his play we lose last night's game...and probably should have.

Unofrtunately he does have a temper, and feeding a CUNNY ball after playable ball, giving the man chance after chance, has to be frustrating for a guy trying to work himself out of a huge professional hole that has seen him go from multi million pound transfer to non guaranteed contract with the TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Agree with the above comments. May I add:

Don't forget that Laurent Robert seems to work very well with Marco Velez, setup both of Velez's goals so far.
    And what about the one last night when the ref, "wasn't ready." I didn't see it, but Velez put it in the net, were Montreal trying to defend it, or were they really not ready?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachRed View Post
    And what about the one last night when the ref, "wasn't ready." I didn't see it, but Velez put it in the net, were Montreal trying to defend it, or were they really not ready?

I think the retake was put in by Cunningham, not Velez the first time. In that case, it would be explained.....the ref simply didn't want Cunningham's name on the scoresheet, because he fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gelato View Post
    he's French
    Yes...and no. He's from Reunion, an island in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Africa.

I find it kind of funny everyone's all up in arms in the Columbus thread about racism and scousers but comments like these get a pass.

Just sayin'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the smile he shared with Dichio yesterday when they almost scored. Kind of like saying, "Damn dude, that was close "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Yes...and no. He's from Reunion, an island in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Africa.

I find it kind of funny everyone's all up in arms in the Columbus thread about racism and scousers but comments like these get a pass.

Just sayin'.
    Kinda different.....saying hes snobby because he's french is just fitting into a stereotype, but if anybody comes on this thread and starts to call him a fucking frog, I don't think it will be tolerated here.**

**I didn't call him that....just saying for demonstrational purposes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that was pretty clear from the second-to-last graph.

I've known some guys from French islands in the past -- mauritius, guadeloupe etc. they always have that slightly arrogant thing going on, and they definitely wear their emotions out in the open.

But good on him. When he was benched at Newcastle for dressing down souness -- followed shortly thereafter by all of his teammates -- he wasn't wrong, just tactless and loud. He also has a history of drifting out of the game if he's upset, so this needs to be addressed.

For one, our work ethic as a team hasn't been evident i the last two games. They look like they're swaggering and overconfident. I mean, look at who is in TFC's day to day starting lineup, then compare them with the rest of this league, and it's easy to see why they're probably thinking we're a step above most of MLS right now.

But that's the one thing in this league that will kill you: for all the paucity of talent at the MLS and USL levels, no one works harder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was robert, I'd be pissed too. He delivered too many perfect passes that result in either no shot, or the weakest kicks I've ever seen from a 'striker'.

I think he was mad specifically a cunnigham, at least dichio wouldn't lose the ball, and usually robert or someone would get the ball back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to see our Reds' play more of a possession and side-to-side style of game. knock the ball around a bit more, stretch it out nice and wide, hold on to it and look for the "kill tactic" that Carver is trying to deploy. I think our first half against Real Salt Lake reflected what we should be aiming for.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Robert, he demands excellence from himself, his teammates and the refs. I wish we had a chant we would get going for him.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

Just sayin'.
    ffs it was a joke

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trading for Cunningham has probably been Mo's biggest mistake.

Useless and an asshole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gelato View Post
    ffs it was a joke
    I don't get offended by such matters....merely pointing out hypocrisy.

Just sayin'.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    Trading for Cunningham has probably been Mo's biggest mistake.

Useless and an asshole.

I thought Andy Welsh was his biggest mistake....and Adam braz...and marco Reda....and..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I thought Andy Welsh was his biggest mistake....and Adam braz...and marco Reda....and..
    He made up for it...and then some, in one signing......John Carver.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

Well seeing as you are responding to me I dont think it is fair for you to attribute the entirety of this boards moaning to me personally.

Nevermind the fact that I never said any of those things; is it still a mistake once youve corrected the problem? MO never gave up a starter to acquire any of those three; and none of them are still here anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that any person who has played footy Knows what its like to kill yourself to setup a perfect pass. Its frustrating go give someone a perfect feed then they show no drive to fight for the ball or just plain give up on the play, would understand how Robert feels..
    This guy has passion and indeed does make spectacular runs and passes, the only problem is that 90 % of the time these go in vain ...
    I would like to see the laser come off Roberts foot without it being a set piece..
    I think this just continues to prove that we NEED A STRIKER !!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    see his frustration with Cunny yesterday... I counted about 5 times when he was thinking ahead smartly and made a pass and Cunny had no fricken clue what he was tryin to do and the play died. The guy he works well with is Brennan, who understands Robert. Robert has too much class for some of the players on this team.
    Seriously Cunny is SHITE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    He looks mad at, or upset with, his teammates, most of the time.

When he scored that great goal against RSL, he didn't run to the supporters.

If you see him outside the field, he seems distant and unapproachable.

He doesn't have much speed.

He isn't much for marking other players, and a lot of people think he's floating out there.

All he seems to be able to do is find space, take world-class free kicks, and make perfect pass after perfect pass. Oh I forgot, he's almost impossible to dispossess, even under intense pressure his ball will be delivered in the right place to a teammate. Another thing, he creates turnovers by seemingly appearing out of nowhere to intercept balls.

What a stiff.
    Thats Laurent mate lol Laurent is very layed back on and off the pitch and is kind of a cool kinda character when off the pitch when you talk to him.

He is funny when you get to know him but VERY layed back

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB are you going to the dinner tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    BB are you going to the dinner tonight?
    I forgot that it was tonight till RR came to my work at lunch and said he had to go buy shoes for tonight and reminded me.

Unless i can get a last minute ticket or pay at the door then no, but we will see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    I forgot that it was tonight till RR came to my work at lunch and said he had to go buy shoes for tonight and reminded me.

Unless i can get a last minute ticket or pay at the door then no, but we will see.
    They will let you pay at the door, according to my rep
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Not every player is going to run over to the supporters after a goal (would be nice though)
    Besides, he looked happy after the goal to Velez last night. Velez was subdued but only because I think it was an away game, otherwise dude would be going nuts. lol

Yah I could see him smiling on the jumbotron replay at Saputo. He gets dissapointed when his plays dont work out, because Im sure he knows when he gives a good pass or a bad pass; and in the past Im sure those good passes were received by ppl who could do something with it 90% of the time....That has now dropped quite a bit, mind you he still has several assists, and he does work great with brennan. I'm sure somebody with his experience had to expect this when making the move to the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Réunion is a French Overseas department. They are as much a part of France as Normandie is. the use Euros and all. Smae with St. Pierre et Miquelon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert needs a creative striker, someone who can use his ability to place the ball. Hopefully, come the June window, we will get such a striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Réunion is a French Overseas department. They are as much a part of France as Normandie is. the use Euros and all. Smae with St. Pierre et Miquelon.
    They are as much a part of France as Guam is to the United States....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here I thought there wasn't enough time between games to pick a "who should be fired this week" player/staff member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laurent is your prototypical tempermental footballer. He might not be warm and cuddly but he's a quality player.

last night, he was the best player on the park for either team by a wide margin. He must have found the performance put in by many of his teammates to be incredibly frustrating, especially Cunningham.

If Cunny never plays another minute for TFC, it will be the smartest thing Carver does this season. His effort last night was repulsive and with each repulsize performance, it makes it harder and harder to trade him for anything more than a few uninflated size 4 soccer balls.

We need a striker. I love DD but we need a striker.

We'll miss Laurent Robert on Saturday vs. the Galaxy, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    I like Robert, he demands excellence from himself, his teammates and the refs. I wish we had a chant we would get going for him.
    Laurent Robert
    Laurent Robert
    Sacre bleu!
    Sacre bleu!
    What a fucking left foot
    What a fucking left foot
    Aimed at you!
    Aimed at you!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged