Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand what everyone has to say about standing but it does worry me to think that some people on this forum seem to think that by standing this seems to make them a more superior supporter to those that do not stand. Support can obviously be shown in different ways and not everyone wants to be standing all game, this does not make them an inferior or undeserving supporter.

The notion that an atmosphere can only be created by people standing is simply wrong, I have been to watch games at several different stadiums throughout Britain and even in Australia where the game is not exactly massive and I can assure you that the atmosphere was good despite people only standing when goals are scored or good chances are created. Some supporters in the UK were admittedly gutted when stadiums were changed to all seaters and it did impact on atmosphere however it would be wrong to say that all atmosphere was lost. I have been to Celtic Park many times and the atmosphere at times is incredible especially on Champions league nights, it gives you a tingle up your spine and people do not stand all game there.

I guess what I am trying to say is basically Toronto is a new club, it is not steeped in history song wise and for a lot of people football is still a new thing. People might not know how to act, what to sing or even who is playing on the team but the fact of the matter is that they have paid there money and they are at least there making an effort. Without these people TFC would not be half the success it is just now and without their money it is possible TFC could turn into a failed franchise so cut these guys some slack and respect their wish to sit in non standing areas.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hopefully this season we will score so many goals no on will have time to sit down between them
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul, a question for you if you are still reading this.

Will the security be telling everyone in the non-supporters sections to sit down automatically, or only if there are complaints?

The reason I ask - I'm a couple of rows from the back of my section, and everyone around and behind me stands by choice.

T-Bird

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    I understand what everyone has to say about standing but it does worry me to think that some people on this forum seem to think that by standing this seems to make them a more superior supporter to those that do not stand. Support can obviously be shown in different ways and not everyone wants to be standing all game, this does not make them an inferior or undeserving supporter.
    Completely 100% incorrect. I stand at every game and it has nothing to do with the extent of my support for the team. I just can't sit when I am excited, tense, etc. If you saw me at a hockey game I would be standing as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're not looking for trouble. I'd say in your case it would be triggered by complaints.

If you're in the front row (and therefore causing a ripple effect of standing back 10 rows and blocking the little old lady in the 11th row) we'd likely have security / ushers show some initiative.

But if you get called out - I'd expect you to comply. I don't want people dropping my name to security saying "Paul Beirne said its ok!" This happens at least 4 time a game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a group that stands at the top rail in 105? I'm in that section now and want to stand, but at the same time appreciate that I'm not located in a designated fan zone.... so to keep everyone happy, i'm wondering if I can migrate to the top and stand there? (worried there might be too large a group already for me to add another body to)

Any 105ers that can answer my q? Thanks in advance

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna guess that top rail/back of the section won't be a problem.
    Who's behind you to tell you to sit?
    105 has nice thing going on up there. It's the huge group in the middle I'm worried about.
    Support Local Football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyeddo View Post
    Is there a group that stands at the top rail in 105? I'm in that section now and want to stand, but at the same time appreciate that I'm not located in a designated fan zone.... so to keep everyone happy, i'm wondering if I can migrate to the top and stand there? (worried there might be too large a group already for me to add another body to)

Any 105ers that can answer my q? Thanks in advance
    That's were I am - top of 105. There is most always a group of people up there standing, and most of the time there are a bunch of empty seats in the area.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    If you're in the front row (and therefore causing a ripple effect of standing back 10 rows and blocking the little old lady in the 11th row) we'd likely have security / ushers show some initiative.
    so what you're saying....

is that we should knock out the old lady in the 11th row and tell security "Paul Beirne said its ok!"

gotcha!
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    I'm gonna guess that top rail/back of the section won't be a problem.
    Who's behind you to tell you to sit?
    105 has nice thing going on up there. It's the huge group in the middle I'm worried about.
    That is probably the group that I am in that you are refering to. I guess we will have to play it game by game and adjust accordingly. I certainly do not want to spoil anybody else's game experience but if I can stand without doing so then that would be my preference. I do not stand because I think it makes me a better supporter(as a previous poster has suggested). I do it because I find it to be more fun and tends to promote more singing. If people want to sit and not sing that is perfectly fine by me, just not my cup of tea. I am from Belleville and did not have the oppotunity to get to BMO for the ticket exchange event. Also, I really like the view from my seats so I do not really want to move anyway. If I end up having to sit down then so be it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 pages impressive...when there is no real point to be made other then..

stand..if someone asks you to sit you ask to switch seats..continue standing
    else
    sit or find others that are standing near rails or sneak into supporter areas and voila..i should flow chart this logic.

by the way I'm in 104 this season...I'll stand (way I prefer to enjoy live events not because omg this makes me a better supporter then the guy sitting 4 rows away) till someone asks me to sit thankfully for once genetics blessing me with a lack of height may pay off.

As for complaining the FO is going to enforce the sitting policy..your surprised. Their obligation isn't just to you but to all 20,000 people that have paid to be at the game. So unfortunately some people need to get over themselves and realize this is a communal event and as a community you are there to support our boys in red.

As for scalping..I understand people are pissed off about it..who isn't but must this issue be brought into almost every thread lately? People get tickets how they get tickets. This does not make them some scum of the earth. I understand they can ruin the atmosphere in a supporters area but there will be some people that buy tickets for that area and sit and cheer with everyone else. I sat there once only after the game did I figure out where my buddy got our tickets but we stood beside the drummer and chanted all game...so shit I must be the scum of the earth too.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Gobi/Brad/anto7... I look forward to introducing myself on the 4th.
    Last edited by Pyeddo; 03-19-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in 120, row 4. all the supporters in front off me are season ticket holders (including myself) . I have made friends with these supporters , we know the game, players,chants, ect. I have never missed a game and have 2 seats side by each. When I invite friends to the game i tell them "We cheer and STAND for the whole game". They usally say " Eenie, you stand and cheer watching games at home!" I guees the problem i have is that this year my section is deemed "non-standing section" . I have had problems with the people behind me , whom i have not seen twice at a game ever. (execept for the ol' scotish boy Tom and his lovley wife who stand and cheer as much as WE do.) EVERYONE in front of me STANDS & CHEERS! I tell the "SIT & WANKS' " ....'If you want me to sit you have to teel the other 35-40 supporters in front of me to sit also." this has ruined a couple games for me, somewhat.Not being able to concentrate on the game and support my club , instead; arguing with the "SIT & WANKS' " or missing the game trying to find other places to watch , hell i even gone up to the top off the stairs but then got asked to move out of the aslie. 119 is a "standing" sect. this year , I will prolly go STAND & CHEER with those supporters. Any SUPPORTERS in 120 feel the same way i do PM me , lets get somthing started! TORONTO FC TIL' I DIE! i mean that ,heck, I tattooed it on my arm!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the most important thing about attending a game is watching the game. We can agree on that right? Some people like to watch while sitting. Some people like to watch while standing. Designated sections are best, and until you can get into one, you need to respect the majority of that section.

I attend just about every game, I pay more $$$$ per year on my season's tickets than 4-5 seats in the south end combined, and I like to sit and watch a match. My 65 year old dad likes to sit and watch a match. But if you want to see intensity, watch my father. He's not talking to me, he's not watching the hot girls come up the aisle, he's not eating any food or drinking any beer. He's entirely engrossed in the match, shouting at the enemy when they come near our section. Would standing make it more enjoyable? nope, not when his knees hurt or some drunk knocks into him with over-exuberance while singing a song. He's also short, so he's have his view half-blocked anyways. And my father is hard core.. played second division soccer in Germany, coached in Canada for years, attended a World Cup, was a Blizzard season ticket holder. Gotta respect that and not assume everyone who wants to sit is some scalper-ticket-buying or corporate cunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EENIE MAN

^^I sit right in front of you methinks! Me and my red-headed buddy have had seasons from the start. It was funny how last year worked, I had no plan to stand all the time, but every game we were at we stood and cheered and gave'r. Should be interesting to see what happens this year, hopefully no big probs. I understand the prob for peeps behind, but the way it started with guys in front of us standing, then us, then the guys behind, it definitely grew to a large group. Oh well can't wait til the 4th!
    Last edited by OnlyOneKeano; 03-19-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: meant for EENIE MAN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ No doubt mate. Thinking about starting a SUPPORTERS group this year. (will have more info on game day) Fuckin' love to watch matches with y'all. See ya soon! 1st beer's on me!TFC!