Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Could Veron still find his way into MLS?

Looks like trouble at Estudiantes. Veron will be leaving for sure, the question is where?

DC may still look at him.

And interesting comment on why Gallardo didn't work out last year, and I have to agree. The proof is in the fact that Gallardo has already made an impact upon his return to Argentina, arguably one of the strongest leagues in the world and definitely one of the strongest outside of Europe.

Interesting article nonetheless. I will be watching this with interest. I was always hoping he'd make his way to TFC but there probably is no room for him at this point.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mls/index.html

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good article, thanks! Probably the best argument against him coming to an MLS team is made in the second last paragraph - there's no way he's going to jeopardize a spot on the national team and a chance at the World Cup.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is an unfortunate truth.

MLS really needs to look at this issue. Yes their credibility was improved with Beckham coming over but now has taken a major hit with Beckham's move to Milan.

The league really needs to do something to make sure that international quality players don't shy away from the league like this. Or even up and coming players who look to make themselves a fixture on the national squad.

This is a problem.

The league needs to make improvements so that quality players look at MLS as a quality option to play in and their decisions are based on those options as opposed to having to consider the drawbacks of coming here.