Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the clip and you can definitely hear the guy yell: "you f***ing n*gger". As for "white power", I can for sure hear someone saying the word "white" but not "power". It's not unreasonable to assume it follows given the context, but I can't hear it. Does anyone? Either way, shocking stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm at work so I really can't blast it to hear it, but it sounded like "white power" to me. if anyone is interested MLSrumors has an interesting read about Columbus reaction to them posting the vids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've also just watched the first video which can be found here: http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/05/vi...ganism-at.html

The person who yells: "f*ck you, f*ck you, you piece of shit, you're a f*cking n*gger" is really close and sounds like the cameraman (although I don't know for sure). As for claims of "Sieg Heil", there is a second person who is yelling who is a bit quieter (only because it sounds like he's further from the camera). It sounds like "Sieg Heil" but I can't be sure because the first guy is still yelling over top of him. Pretty sad but not entirely surprised, really. Personally, I've noticed that on Big Soccer, in their pre-during-post game thread(s) when playing TFC, it often seems to turn into "Canada and Canadians suck" or something else negative. Other fans may dislike/criticize as well when we play them, but they keep it focused on TFC itself.

As for the penalty, based on what I've heard and seen, should be a match behind closed doors, and a deduction of 1-3 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could have been "wanker" with a mid-western accent.

N-Bombs are undeniable though.

The "sig heil" accusations from the 1st video was the same guy who yelled "You're a N*****" and he was yelling "Red Card".

That's MLSRumors for you.

If there's a video or a link to a reputable news agency (which she claims but does not post) feel free to check it out.

But for the love of God do not believe a single word of mere copy written there. It's an attention whore of a website. You'd be much better off believing any random posts from Big Soccer than you would by attempting to gain insight from that drivel.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    I've noticed that on Big Soccer, in their pre-during-post game thread(s) when playing TFC, it often seems to turn into "Canada and Canadians suck" or something else negative. Other fans may dislike/criticize as well when we play them, but they keep it focused on TFC itself.
    Ive noticed this 100%.

I dont know what their deal is (aside from an inferiority complex) but they are the only fanbase that seems incapable of keeping their discussion civil (or at least relevant). DC, NY, KC, Chicago, and so on and so on. I never hear the kind of moronic crap from their fans that we hear from KKKrew fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post

A quick side note – it was bitterly disappointing to hear a number of the travelling fans singing anti-Munich songs throughout the match. After all the respects paid across the country for the 50th anniversary and City fans’ show of solidarity back in February, the chants were in shameful taste.

---------------

Ok, superfrankielampard has apologized everyone relax....I love how the scouse turn into the moral police at everyone opportunity, their moral cause carried forward behind their leader....obviously the guy knows that hillsborough wasn't the best example....do you see me starting a thread about the scouse lady that started chanting munich songs behind chadders at the wigan game when United won? Honestly, if I through a hissy fit every time mentioned the munich disaster this board would be ruined. Everyone relax....in defence of the scouse...THEY DO NOT HAVE THE REPUTATION OF BEING RACIST....thieves on the other hand
    Dude i agree... although i don't know why your pointing this at me quoting what i've said about hillsborough, cause you'll never hear me say anything derogatory about the munich disaster, nor was anything said about it in this thread.

'Not the best example' is a huge understatement. And in the same light i remember a few threads - one current, a few on the old board - where united supporters on this board mounted their 'soapboxes' when posters use 'man u?' So why wouldn't i when i read something like that about hillsborough? When someone is clearly misguided and spouting offensive things about an issue where the wounds are still open (and they are clearly completely unaware of the issue), don't we do them a disservice if we don't comment?

Also i don't see how posting a link to another site that has educational material constitutes a hissy fit. Clearly frankie has apologized but i still hope that he realizes why liverpool supporters would take such offense.

In response to your article I'll be the first to say that pulling stuff like singing hillsborough songs, or munich songs has no place. People make stupid decisions and say stupid things, and IMO those are the people that need to be steered to material that will show them otherwise...

that said... i still hate your team
    Last edited by graeme117; 05-29-2008 at 07:07 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The Don" now says that if the culprit is identified, he will be banned for life:

"MLS and the Columbus Crew are working diligently with all relevant authorities, including Club Supporters Groups, to identify the spectator involved. In the event the perpetrator is identified, he will be banned for life from Crew stadium and all other MLS stadiums and events. MLS takes enormous pride in our commitment to racial and ethnic diversity and inclusiveness - in our stadiums, on our fields, and in our administrative, coaching and ownership ranks. We categorically will not tolerate this language in any context or setting and are working with all of our clubs and stadiums to ensure that this isolated incident is not repeated."
    There are not that many Columbus supporters, surely someone know who it is.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim

Will you ever get a fucking clue?

Will you stop fanning the flames and bringing up the fact that you've heard a Munich song, at a game completely unrelated to TFC, and think that justifies the endless shite that gets directed at Liverpudlians, even concerning the brutal death of 96 innocent people.

There are people on this board who knew people who died at Hillsborough. These people have never sung a Munich song in their life, and neither have I.

I doubt though, that you yourself were ever really affected by Munich, which happened over thirty years before Hillsborough. I think if you had been affected by Munich, you would keep your fucking mouth shut and allow us to respond to ignorant posts.

I know adults today who have grown up without fathers, others who have outlived all of their children because of the tragedy, I still remember the event, my sister was there and my mother nearly died of a nervous breakdown trying to find out if she was safe (she was)
    A schoolmate, his brother and an old friend from Wallasey died there too.
    The community is still deeply affected by the tragedy and will be for a long time.

Now you think it's not so serious to go bringing this up to fellow TFC supporters who were affected by the tragedy, because at a match in Wigan, some people (not TFC supporters) allegedly sang a Munich song. Your logic is fucked, mate.

Also this comment makes no sense:

"if I through ( threw?) a hissy fit every time (???) mentioned the munich disaster this board would be ruined"

Tell me which Liverpool supporters bring up Munich on this board? I've never seen it, and Ive been posting on this board a lot longer than you have. I've seen countless references to Heysel, Hillsborough, Michael Shields and a thousand stereotypical posts referring to the social conditions of Liverpool (something else you know fuckall about) but you can justify all this by imagining that there are 'scousers' out there constantly bringing up a fifty year old plane crash.

Chadders should be kept out of this btw, here's Chadder's comment:

"They used to sing Munich but not anymore.
    Since 96 scousers lay dead on the floor"

Responding to that was my first ever post on these boards.

And do stop referring to me as 'their leader', nobody 'follows' me, they all follow 'Liverpool' Im just one of the more vocal.

And you should call me a THIEF to my face, you dumb wanker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can this thread be ended please mods?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will get it locked.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All of this talk about Munich and Hillsborough and Liverpool and Manchester United have exactly NOTHING to do with this thread.

superfrankielampard, in the future, think before posting a comment like that.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy