Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There are others who can do this more precisely....

MLSE received $3.3 million for Edu. Two-thirds were supposed to be used for "player development" or some such. So where did our $2.2 million go? Mo wanted to use it towards grass.

I know some small portion of that (maybe $500K? I'm guessing) is in this year's allocation, but where did the rest of it the $2.2 million go?
    i might be wrong but im feeling pretty confident that the majority (if not all of it has to be used), hopefully someone can clarify

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they were to trade Wynne for Conrad I think we could look at it in a way of buying him. We're fairly certain Wynne will be sold to Europe sometime soon. I don't see him fetching nearly as much as Edu though. I would guess 2.5 million.
    Two thirds of that is roughy 1.66 million. Is Conrad worth that? Nope.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    If they were to trade Wynne for Conrad I think we could look at it in a way of buying him. We're fairly certain Wynne will be sold to Europe sometime soon. I don't see him fetching nearly as much as Edu though. I would guess 2.5 million.
    Two thirds of that is roughy 1.66 million. Is Conrad worth that? Nope.
    You gotta think in terms of MLS though, where transfer fee really doesnt mean as much, and you can only spend so much from any transfer fees you get anyways.

So better question might be, is Conrad worth trading Wynne for, an experienced MLS defender in prime of his career and would definitely plug that gap in the CB we've been looking for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said, Yohan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne's not going anywhere overseas, until he plays more intelligently. There are a thousand speedy little bastards in Europe, only the ones who know how to temper their speed with clever, intuitive play actually make it in the big leagues.

If Wynne does go, it should be because we sold him, I don't mind if future kids are falling over themselves to get onto TFC's roster.

That's much better than the "Toronto, Canada? er..no thanks" mentality we were faced with in seasons one and two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^its so true, its almost standard for LB and RB to been fast

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne has no 1st touch< &mediocre passing ability great speed. How many times did he get caught out of position, run back like a demon, the forward puts on the breaks, Wynne either over runs him,or gives up a dangerous foul/

He has to develop his football sense, learn how to pass. Right now we wouldn't get too much for him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    Wynne has no 1st touch< &mediocre passing ability great speed. How many times did he get caught out of position, run back like a demon, the forward puts on the breaks, Wynne either over runs him,or gives up a dangerous foul/

He has to develop his football sense, learn how to pass. Right now we wouldn't get too much for him.
    definitely agree.
    Hes getting better in positioning but still lacks in touch and passing.
    Could never understand why people wanted him to play the wing