Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question is whether Mo settled for draft pick, instead of a player in return, because he already has someone lined up.

The other possibility is that he couldn't see Richardson eventually fitting under the cap and had to move him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Richardson plays like it's his last day on earth, every game. This will come back to bite us on the ass......
    I TOTATTLY AGREE
    i personally from the get go said we shouldve signed him, because yes we do have Vitti, and Barret. But now heres my dilemma

Say Vitti does outstanding this season,we have to remember he's on loan, so if his opportunity to leave is there he's gone hes ON LOAN!

Danny Dichio LEGEND! but are we not forgetting its his last season?

Obrian White, is injured, who knows if hes going to get back to the way he was or played, he is quiet a gamble, although he is great on paper.

Fuad Ibrahim, is a great PROSPECT but I personally dont think hes ready to be a solid striking option until hes atleast 20.

We couldve had 3 TOP striking options, all with the same type of style of play.

This is not going to bite us, but this is going to gobble the shit out of ass's!!!

and for a DRAFT PICK!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have been interested in seeing what he had to offer, but realistically, we didn't really have the space for him. A 2nd rounder (at minimum) is good business for someone who we called dibs on. It's too bad he couldn't stay, he had one hell of a good attitude. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Arsenal View Post
    I TOTATTLY AGREE
    i personally from the get go said we shouldve signed him, because yes we do have Vitti, and Barret. But now heres my dilemma

Say Vitti does outstanding this season,we have to remember he's on loan, so if his opportunity to leave is there he's gone hes ON LOAN!
    MLS only allows for loans if they have the option to buy, as a result IF he does well, hes as good as ours (more or less)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think youre overreacting a bit for a player that has a soso record from what we know.
    Im sure we made out just fine.
    I dont think he would have hurt our team but i dont think losing him was the end of days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend, if someone has a soso record, that would mean the TFC Backup strikers are that to (excluding DD)

im just saying we would have Vitti, Barret, Richardson - it wouldnt hurt
    unless there is a DP comming in then okay, but in now saying that Mo always has a plan so who knows

Im just saying he wouldve been a great addition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    MLS only allows for loans if they have the option to buy, as a result IF he does well, hes as good as ours (more or less)
    How could we be so sure that Vitti will stay?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, like i said, i dont think he would have hurt and i do for the record agree with you on Ibbe and Dichio. I think however for this season we are fine (watch me jinx it, fuck i hope not) and we really really need to focus on our defense which i suspect is the situation. Like someone else pointed out we also have Hall who was a striker (granted in the NCAA)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we cant but chances are if he scores alot and becomes a fan favorite (which he will if he scores alot HA) he will enjoy the atmosphere and want to stay with the team

I mean europe comes calling but itll prob take two seasons before that happens or one hell of one season, even then theres nothing you can do about that and thats a whole other story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I TOTATTLY AGREE

Danny Dichio LEGEND! but are we not forgetting its his last season?

Obrian White, is injured, who knows if hes going to get back to the way he was or played, he is quiet a gamble, although he is great on paper.

Fuad Ibrahim, is a great PROSPECT but I personally dont think hes ready to be a solid striking option until hes atleast 20.

We couldve had 3 TOP striking options, all with the same type of style of play.

This is not going to bite us, but this is going to gobble the shit out of ass's!!!

and for a DRAFT PICK!
    that`s MLS my friend. You could probably go down the list of every MLS team and make similar evaluations of guys.

Nobody has 3-4 solid, proven, guaranteed, non-injured, prime-of-the-career strikers just ready to roll.

Regarding the Vitti loan thing -- I`d like to know what the buying amount is. I`d also like to know the history of loans in MLS. Have teams actually called back loaned players that often when they do well in MLS... I`ve seen guys on loan who were shitty and just sent back... but not too many good players who get called home (anyone help me on this).

Richardson is 26 years old now and hasn`t been playing at the highest levels. He had 3 goals last season in the TnT league (two guys on his team had totals in the teens). He`s probably a project.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We cant be sure of anything, its all a gamble, i just dont think this is a gamble we will lose out on, Dude scored a hattrick in a game against NE then scored nothing for the rest of the season (i think he had 3 goals all season) in a league thats lower than ours...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I understand it we have 2 senior spots left.
    We have Hall, Garcia, some guy with a weird name from africa who I can never remember and a new CB coming soon.
    Roster numbers and salary cap have to be in order by monday according league rules.
    Richardson obviously wasen't better than some of the above named players so he had to go.

If all out effort and heart made for good players than I could be a TFC legend.
    Unfortunately my skills, like Richardsons, just don't make the grade.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post

If all out effort and heart made for good players than I could be a TFC legend.
    Unfortunately my skills, like Richardsons, just don't make the grade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ One of 14 children?

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always get a few players into camp, sign discovery claims on them, rave about how good they are, then trade them to other teams knowing full well your rosters pretty much set without them.

Could be a freebee pick for us, whereas if he trialed elsewhere we would have gotten jack shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When MLS does an loan with an option to buy, the purchase details are agreed before the loan. So it's not up to Vitti, as long as he's still under contract at Independiente. He could only leave on a free if he was out of contract, and there's no suggestion that's the case.

If he refused MLS's contact offer, he'd go back to Independiente, at worst, and MLS would be out its transfer fee -- assuming FIFA didn't force him to take the move. But under this scenario, we can't technically lose him to Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our current strikers would be ahead of him anyways i think.

Bring the allocation/draft picks and we can pick up another good defender.

Mo is on fire!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea Paoblo Vitti, and Barret....thats it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea Paoblo Vitti, and Barret....thats it
    You're awfully high on a guy who hasn't scored in the preseason and had one good game vs NE, besides DeRo can play up there too, that's 3 serviceable forwards without talking about Dichio, Ibrahim and eventually White.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend, if someone has a soso record, that would mean the TFC Backup strikers are that to (excluding DD)

im just saying we would have Vitti, Barret, Richardson - it wouldnt hurt
    unless there is a DP comming in then okay, but in now saying that Mo always has a plan so who knows

Im just saying he wouldve been a great addition
    Unless you followed Joe Public and you are telling me his stats don't represent his skill, I have no idea how you can make such a statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Unless you followed Joe Public and you are telling me his stats don't represent his skill, I have no idea how you can make such a statement.
    I believe Richardson had eight in 32, or something like that, for Joe Public, along with four in Champ League. So 12 goals in about 36 games, mostly at a very low professional level.

That's about equivalent to scoring 10 or 12 in the USL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where`d you get those numbers Jloome.. I saw 3 goals for Richardson on the TnT pro league site. then he had 5 in champions league.. so 8 goals total.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I believe Richardson had eight in 32, or something like that, for Joe Public, along with four in Champ League. So 12 goals in about 36 games, mostly at a very low professional level.

That's about equivalent to scoring 10 or 12 in the USL.
    He had 3 goals in the TnT league with Joe Public last year. Those to me are terrible numbers for a striker. So as I said, unless someone has watched him at Joe Public and can tell me his stats don't do him justice, then I don't see how anyone can say this guy would've been a great addition.

http://www.ttproleague.com/cms/LeagueChampionship/Goalscorers/tabid/68/Default.aspx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richardson is pretty good, but he is surplus to our needs. So basically, we got something for nothing.

Ives is reporting that the draft pick was rumoured to be in the first two rounds - my guess, as with others apparently, is that the draft pick is conditional.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    where`d you get those numbers Jloome.. I saw 3 goals for Richardson on the TnT pro league site. then he had 5 in champions league.. so 8 goals total.
    Hah, my bad. Going by memory of the eight being domestic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    It always puzzles me how we can trade someone in this league who we haven't even signed.
    MLS is broken