Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    55,000 because the Impact did a masterful job of marketing.
    $10. tickets promoted to minor soccer and school groups helped to get the word out that the game was on and tickets would be available because of the size of the "big owe".
    The one thing I do have to say...is that the Limpact should teach the CSA how to market a one-off game. The CSA couldn't have done as good a job as the Saputos did for this game. Not even close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree w/ Mrs. Workie. I could give 2 shits about Montreal. Once TFC was eliminated the tournament simply didn't exist anymore in my mind.

I'll start caring when there is some type of incentive where the success of a Canadian team meant more qualifying seeds.

Basically comes down to... 'no incentive for TFC, no care!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched it yesterdaya and was really dissapointed how shitty mexican defense was.. it was fucking terrible. First half they could not adjust to the turf at all.. In any case fuck limpact. Further they go, more $$ they get which will enable them to buy better players, which makes things harder for us.

My only hope is that Laguna trashes them in Mexico, hopefully it will be humid 38C with 3-4k elevation and a corrupt ref

There are 121234141 reason to hate limpact here are few:
    1. It is marketed to French only pretty much.. Montreal used to be mostly English speaking city well not anymore..
    2. They burned TFC scarves
    3. That sad excuse for a banner with garbage bags
    4. Canada MNT game.. tell you just how much they care about Canada.
    5. Their support group being a more inbred retarded bunch then Columbus Crew suporters

Anyway fuck em, I remember watching Barca destroy Spartak Moscow by something ridiculous like 4-0 and laughing my ass off because I supported Dynamo Kyiv when iw as a kid. It is exactly same thing, they are our enemy, they are the ones who prevented us from playing in CL.. they took our $$$$, the $$ that could ahve been used for grass, roof.. academy. Bastards took our lunch and people here are proud of them? /boggle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I agree w/ Mrs. Workie. I could give 2 shits about Montreal. Once TFC was eliminated the tournament simply didn't exist anymore in my mind.

I'll start caring when there is some type of incentive where the success of a Canadian team meant more qualifying seeds.

Basically comes down to... 'no incentive for TFC, no care!'
    there is incentive for tfc, the more success canadian teams have in this tourney, the sooner they will add a second canadian participant to the mix.
    like em or not, montreal's game yesterday was a massive day in canadian soccer history and winning only amplified that.
    i hope they pull it off, it will better the game in our country.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
    there is incentive for tfc, the more success canadian teams have in this tourney, the sooner they will add a second canadian participant to the mix.
    like em or not, montreal's game yesterday was a massive day in canadian soccer history and winning only amplified that.
    i hope they pull it off, it will better the game in our country.
    2nd CCL spot? out of 4 teams that play for a spot to qualify for CCL?

yeah right

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

yeah right
    I have to agree...that is just not going to happen.

Even worse...it's 3 teams, not 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlear View Post
    Anyway fuck em, I remember watching Barca destroy Spartak Moscow by something ridiculous like 4-0 and laughing my ass off because I supported Dynamo Kyiv when iw as a kid. It is exactly same thing, they are our enemy, they are the ones who prevented us from playing in CL.. they took our $$$$, the $$ that could ahve been used for grass, roof.. academy. Bastards took our lunch and people here are proud of them? /boggle
    Yes, they caused us not to advance. Not our lack of you know...wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

yeah right
    i am not saying next year, i meant that maybe in 3-5 years if we end up having other cities like ottawa, hamilton, edmonton with usl or mls teams, then maybe we get the extra spot. that is of course if the canadian representative goes deep annually.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am not saying next year, i meant that maybe in 3-5 years if we end up having other cities like ottawa, hamilton, edmonton with usl or mls teams, then maybe we get the extra spot. that is of course if the canadian representative goes deep annually.
    more like 10+ yrs.

Takes time, effort and money to build up a team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Just a suggestion. Whoever actually impliments it (Denime) would be the party pooper (Denime).
    Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    but you are a Administrator don't you have more power then the mods

NO I won't move anything. Sorry !!You were warned .

I stated clearly :Today’s News,Thursday,Feb.26-Warning-Content Impact news

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow's is a cute blonde.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Do we have history of 50 years plus with Impact?
    NO

To compare those rivalry with TFC v Impact is just stupid,sorry but it is.

Maybe I'm fucked,but you are M.Leafs and M.City fan I prefer being fucked.
    What the fuck are you talking about? A rivalry is a rivalry. What, we have to grade them based on age now?

I see a lot of apologist Canadian semi-TFC fans in this thread, so underwhelmed by their own country and so lacking in anything remotely resembling self-confidence in our national identity that they'd support one of their team's only arch rivals.

Fucking sad. You cannot be a hardcore TFC fan and root for a team we'll be competing with every year for the national title. That makes NO sense. They don't represent Canada, their roster is not all-Canadian, and it's not even a Canadian competition.

Best-case scenario? Their plane for Mexico crashes on takeoff into Stade Saputo. Everyone survives, but all are too injured to play, and the stadium is a write off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NO I won't move anything. Sorry !!You were warned .

I stated clearly :Today’s News,Thursday,Feb.26-Warning-Content Impact news

you non-party pooper you....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about? A rivalry is a rivalry. What, we have to grade them based on age now?

I see a lot of apologist Canadian semi-TFC fans in this thread, so underwhelmed by their own country and so lacking in anything remotely resembling self-confidence in our national identity that they'd support one of their team's only arch rivals.

Fucking sad. You cannot be a hardcore TFC fan and root for a team we'll be competing with every year for the national title. That makes NO sense. They don't represent Canada, their roster is not all-Canadian, and it's not even a Canadian competition.

Best-case scenario? Their plane for Mexico crashes on takeoff into Stade Saputo. Everyone survives, but all are too injured to play, and the stadium is a write off.
    And this makes sense , eh

Is that means next year if we make it to CL TFC will represent USA since most players are US Citizens,and our roster is everything but Canadian,and on top of that we shouldn't care about CL since that is not Canadian competition. OH BOY, you make sense tonight big time

Last edited by denime; 02-26-2009 at 08:56 PM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a different tradition in Canada that we're just getting over now. There was a time in hockey that most Canadians would prefer a Canadian-based team win the Stanley Cup, so as the Canadian teams were eliminated from the playoffs, some fans would cheer for the remaining Canadian teams.

Of course, part of that was wrapped up in the fact that all the other NHL teams are USA-based and there's a little anti-Americanism in there.

But we're getting over it in hockey (I can't imagine an Oilers fan cheering on the Flames) and we'll get over it in this, too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    There's a different tradition in Canada that we're just getting over now. There was a time in hockey that most Canadians would prefer a Canadian-based team win the Stanley Cup, so as the Canadian teams were eliminated from the playoffs, some fans would cheer for the remaining Canadian teams.

Of course, part of that was wrapped up in the fact that all the other NHL teams are USA-based and there's a little anti-Americanism in there.

But we're getting over it in hockey (I can't imagine an Oilers fan cheering on the Flames) and we'll get over it in this, too.

Speak for yourself...I'd rather have a Canadian team win the cup...except for MTL and OTT of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm loving the Impact right now. They've earned my respect, for the rest of you that think I am not a TFC a supporter because of it, GO FUCK RIGHT OFF. I'll support whoever I want to support, bunch of idiots in here trying to tell some people who they can and can't support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your acting like a 4 year old. I am very patriotic, but regardless of a rivalry with a team we've played like 4 times, I'm not going to not support a CANADIAN team going as far as they have.

Give your head a shake, this isn't England where there are team rivalries that have been around for 100 years.

And wishing death on a whole entire team is so pathetic that it blows my mind somebody would even say it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post
    Your acting like a 4 year old. I am very patriotic, but regardless of a rivalry with a team we've played like 4 times, I'm not going to not support a CANADIAN team going as far as they have.

Give your head a shake, this isn't England where there are team rivalries that have been around for 100 years.

And wishing death on a whole entire team is so pathetic that it blows my mind somebody would even say it.
    I wish you hadn't quoted the 4 year old since I now have to see his 4 year old quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I'm loving the Impact right now. They've earned my respect, for the rest of you that think I am not a TFC a supporter because of it, GO FUCK RIGHT OFF. I'll support whoever I want to support, bunch of idiots in here trying to tell some people who they can and can't support.
    spent some time in peru. the top teams in the league hate eachother to no end. but when libertadores comes around they enjoy watching their national rivals knock off international foes, can only help the prestige of their league.

you are right pachuco, they have earned repsect, and again, they have only made the rest of concacaf realize that soccer in canada is the real deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spent some time in peru. the top teams in the league hate eachother to no end. but when libertadores comes around they enjoy watching their national rivals knock off international foes, can only help the prestige of their league.

you are right pachuco, they have earned repsect, and again, they have only made the rest of concacaf realize that soccer in canada is the real deal.
    Absolutely. Common enemies makes friends. Shit, that even happens in wars. Where people die. Mexico is the enemy, there is nothing in it for Canada if Mexico wins. Even though it's Montreal, I can still say a Canadian team beat the Mexicans, that makes me happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COED must pay more than SSG
    quality is better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, wait until the Impact game in May... you`ll be all nervous and worried cuz you respect the Impact.. and in your heart you`ll be too emotionally invested in the Impact to really get hyped up about TFC.

it`s like when you have a long term girlfriend... then one day you start seeing some chick on the side for sex only.... you can`t be as mentally focused and in love with your long term girlfriend unless you stop banging the other chick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is telling you who to support. But if you come into the TFC section of a TFC supporters board with your love fest, you really can't expect open arms.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    No one is telling you who to support. But if you come into the TFC section of a TFC supporters board with your love fest, you really can't expect open arms.
    Really? no one's telling me who I can support? I didn't feel inclined to get into this argument until I saw this. That my friend, is telling me who I can support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact AND TFC supporter. That's funny.

Love who you want to, mate, but most people on here hate the L'Impact with a passion. Especially after the away game where a bunch of our supporters were attacked by Impact fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking in general terms, not the single post in the over dozen pages today.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Impact AND TFC supporter. That's funny.

Love who you want to, mate, but most people on here hate the L'Impact with a passion. Especially after the away game where a bunch of our supporters were attacked by Impact fans.
    I think he is Canadian soccer and TFC supporter.Unfortunately many ppl have selective reading lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    Speaking in general terms, not the single post in the over dozen pages today.
    My post was in direct response to that post and another I won't single out. I definately wasn't talking about most people in this thread as some people can have a reasonable discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is Canadian soccer and TFC supporter.Unfortunately many ppl have selective reading lately.
    Yeap, and the day Montreal steps on our turf, they are our enemy. As of now, Mexico is the enemy, which makes Montreal a friend, for now